• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaDPo0L84

Trump says HUD suspending foreclosures and evictions
President Trump said his administration will suspend foreclosures and evictions on homeowners at least until the end of next month.
Speaking at the White House, Trump said the move from the Department of Housing and Urban Development would provide relief during the coronavirus outbreak.

I was hoping they would delay mortgage payments due to everything going on, nope.

First cases of coronavirus in the federal prison system identified
From CNN's David Shortell

Two federal Bureau of Prisons employees have tested positive for coronavirus, according to Sue Allison, an agency spokesperson.
The tests came back in the past 24 hours and represent the first known cases of the virus in the federal prison system, according to the BOP. No inmates have yet tested positive.

Saruhashi

Banned
Does anybody know when Italy went into their proper "lockdown" mode?

I make it only 7 days ago that they shut down all shops (except groceries etc)?

So if you have a 2 week period without symptoms then we are still going to have to wait 2 to 3 weeks before we see any real difference in Italian figures.

A week ago people were still out and about catching it and spreading it.
So those new cases would be coming to light 1 to 2 weeks from now.

4 weeks from now you should realistically have a scenario where the virus has had significantly less opportunity to spread and so the new cases should be brought to a minimum.

Then what? Lift the lockdown and this surely just runs through the community all over again?

the 100 club

bcOOm4i.png

XROFXKF.png

Y2fwKbM.png

France update still coming

Gp1

Switzerland is in a clusterfuck too. They are not testing every one with symptoms. And even though they have a great health care system, the number of dangerous cases are coming close to the total number of ICU Beds with respirators.

Cybrwzrd

Banned

GamingKaiju

They said that in the press conference, it is because they have 10x capacity and are getting through the backlog quickly. They even said 'don't be alarmed' because it makes the curve not look smooth for the week.

Oh. So much news coming out it's all so nuts. Glad I don't live in a major metropolitan area.

How the fuck does this shit keep spreading like this in Italy? Aren't they on lockdown for almost 2 weeks now? And yet they report their highest number of new cases? How? What am I missing?!?

holygeesus

Banned
US has many more people; that is guaranteed to happen

Population density has to play a part though. There might be more people in the USA but outside of metropolitan areas, they are far, far more spread out.

How the fuck does this shit keep spreading like this in Italy? Aren't they on lockdown for almost 2 weeks now? And yet they report their highest number of new cases? How? What am I missing?!?

Doesn't it take a good few weeks to actually kill you once you contract it? It might be those people dying on masse now. It is why we should be worried being 3 weeks behind Italy in the UK with nowhere near the same lockdown in place.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
The chinese virus. What an idiot. I've heard it called Kung Flu too. At least call it that if you're going to be a piece of shit about it.

Anyway, we need to go on fucking lockdown country wide. The shit is about to hit the fan and we are not preparing. We're still in lock step with Italy and that's not a good thing. If Trumps dumb ass doesn't step up the scientists and doctors and nurses need to come together and urge him to make shit happen.

Also, Nintendo has to release Animal Crossing NOW. Not Friday....but NOW before it's too late.

These are the real issues folks and we have to be prepared.
>takes off Valve Index after playing Half Life Alyx.

"I know Kung Flu."

GHG

Gold Member

Asymptomatic spread and the fact that it can take up to 3 weeks for someone to start showing symptoms.

Countries who are saying the lockdown will only last 2 weeks are being very optimistic. It takes just that amount of time to start to get an idea of the real picture.

Asymptomatic spread and the fact that it can take up to 3 weeks for someone to start showing symptoms.

Countries who are saying the lockdown will only last 2 weeks are being very optimistic. It takes just that amount of time to start to get an idea of the real picture.
My country will probably start the full lockdown this week, and yeah, they're talking about 2 weeks... but all we have to do is look at Italian numbers to know that 2 weeks is a load of crap. After those 2 weeks we'll obviously still have new cases, and no government can drop a lockdown before new cases are over.

GHG

Gold Member
My country will probably start the full lockdown this week, and yeah, they're talking about 2 weeks... but all we have to do is look at Italian numbers to know that 2 weeks is a load of crap. After those 2 weeks we'll obviously still have new cases, and no government can drop a lockdown before new cases are over.

It's supposed to be 2 weeks here in the UAE but they are shutting the borders tonight "indefinitely" so lets see how long this really goes on for.

Ramadan is fast approaching as well so this place isn't getting back to normal until the end of May at the very least even if the coronavirus situation subsides.

These are the questions these people care about... fucking ridiculous.

That was my thoughts exactly. What a complete waste of press conference time...just collect the perceived indiscretions and drag him for it after the dust settles if that's still your priority, but for God's sake, why waste time on crap like this and approval ratings. None of that matters right now.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Four Seven Five... fuck

Where's the "this is a good trend" people?

+4207 cases
+475 deaths

They all saw the ps5 reveal and decided there is nothing to live for.

Bad bad joke.
But i must say i just went over to gaming to take my mind off and after saying i was happy with the ps5 as i kinda get their direction i got right away made fun of like how can i say that when xbox is this and that and i should just cry how weak the sp5 is.

But man italy...i think we see the 30% increase every 5 days kicking in.

I want them to win.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ lands in a 404 page. Probably taken down due to bandwith usage...

This still seems to work on my end.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
This still seems to work on my end.

It's back again.

Betcha this blip will generate several terabytes of blogs and videos of the conspiranoial kind :D

cryptoadam

Banned
Well looks like Italy is going to be forced to do what I said before and just let people die or recover at some point in the next few days.

And with the numbers not subsiding and the death toll increasing how long until Italians say this quarantine shit isn't working and fuck it if I die I die?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The US media reflect the country itself real well.

Not really, actually. Not these days at least. Their agendas and views reflect a very small portion of the country.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Well looks like Italy is going to be forced to do what I said before and just let people die or recover at some point in the next few days.

And with the numbers not subsiding and the death toll increasing how long until Italians say this quarantine shit isn't working and fuck it if I die I die?

Between incubation and active disease this thing can last almost up to a month in your body. It means real change will take a month to be seen, 2 months to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom