• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Ya know... a bit off topic...

Been chasing my ex for like 8 months and begging for forgiveness and another chance...

Of course she wanted end of world sex right as quarantine rules were laid out... Now we speak every day again etc... and are gonna flee to my parent’s summer home and just isolate in a cabin like filthy rich white people ... (not really but the hamptons will be a mile away).

So because I managed to get my woman back thanks to a pandemic ... I expect I’m gonna die. Seems too bittersweet.

Pandemic: A Love Story

Alebrije

The only rest that works is the PCR based one , it takes time but identify thw virus. The fast test does not detect the virus but the antibodies but people with coronavorus ca not have amtibodies the moment is tested so it gives a false negative. Fast tests at this moment is like tosing a coin ....not reloables.

NorwayBot

Banned
Hello, Norway calling in;

The Norwegian Health minister claims that the country “has the #covid19 epidemic under control” as the infection rate is now at 0.7- ie each person infected is now giving it to less than one other.

We've have been in "semi" lockdown for three weeks now.

ilFAaZ8.png

ilFAaZ8.png

Last edited:
GOP Rep Authors Bill to Allow Prosecution of China over COVID-19 Outbreak

Rep. Lance Gooden introduced the Stop COVID Act, designed to give the Department of Justice the ability to hold the Chinese Communist Party responsible for the novel coronavirus if it is proved they manufactured the deadly disease.

The bill – short for “Stop China-Originated Viral Infectious Disease Act” – will “give our legal system the power to investigate the origin of the virus and, if found guilty, hold accountable those responsible for creating and releasing it,” according to Rep. Gooden.

It would reverse China’s current “immunity from US litigation, even if it becomes known that China manufactured this deadly virus,” a result of the Foreign Service Immunities Act (FSIA) restriction against the federal government suing another nations.

The proposal would amend the 1976 restriction, adding that other countries “shall not be immune from the jurisdiction of the courts of the United States in any case where such foreign state is found, whether intentionally or unintentionally, to have discharged a biological weapon … in the United States or such discharge results in the bodily injury of [a] United States citizen.”

Ngxrxph.jpg

More here: https://thenationalpulse.com/politics/stop-covid-act/

Sounds like a start. China must NOT go unpunished for these crimes against humanity and act of war against the U.S.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Rep. Lance Gooden introduced the Stop COVID Act, designed to give the Department of Justice the ability to hold the Chinese Communist Party responsible for the novel coronavirus if it is proved they manufactured the deadly disease.

The bill – short for “Stop China-Originated Viral Infectious Disease Act” – will “give our legal system the power to investigate the origin of the virus and, if found guilty, hold accountable those responsible for creating and releasing it,” according to Rep. Gooden.

It would reverse China’s current “immunity from US litigation, even if it becomes known that China manufactured this deadly virus,” a result of the Foreign Service Immunities Act (FSIA) restriction against the federal government suing another nations.

The proposal would amend the 1976 restriction, adding that other countries “shall not be immune from the jurisdiction of the courts of the United States in any case where such foreign state is found, whether intentionally or unintentionally, to have discharged a biological weapon … in the United States or such discharge results in the bodily injury of [a] United States citizen.”

Ngxrxph.jpg

Sounds like a start. China must NOT go unpunished for these crimes against humanity and act of war against the U.S.

I say we respond in kind. Unleash Andy Dick on China.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
If it can be proven it was created by the CCP ... everything every nation can do to cripple china’s economy should be a priority once we come out of this. Make them suffer.
What is “proven”? If they wheel out Tony Blair, will you be satisfied?

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

China won't be prosecuted and won't pay any fines, they already have an army of people working on misleading propaganda on where the virus has originated. They have organizations such as WHO in their procket and they're not afraid to silence those with proof of their actions.

In my opinion the only way to "punish" China is by slowly alienating it. We have to start relying on goods manufactured elsewhere even if this means the increase of their prices due to higher production costs.

Ngxrxph.jpg

Nah.

Pushing the reach of our courts beyond our borders is asinine if not completely terrifying.

If they're serious then go with what Trump has been suggesting for years and tariff / tax / blockade their economy until it crumbles.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
And when countries have the virus 'under control', what happens next? How do you stop it coming back the same way it came in the first place?

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
This is such a strange narrative. The entire world needs masks, that’s why everyone is pissed about the 3M situation.

But only America gets blamed for it. Should have been ready.

But you guys need masks too so does that mean——shhhhhh.

Wait - can you see that tweet? It doesn't show up for me.

Obviously, but apart from that I meant.

People will hopefully build up antibodies, and even if its not a one-time-and-it-done thing, people will get it in waves, instead of all at once, so it'll minimize the impact across the board.

If there is a one-time-cures-all vaccine, then it should go away pretty quick.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Sharp drop in deaths in the UK - could be the Sunday effect, but it's 3 days running with dropping death counts.
06/04 - +439
05/04 - +621
04/04 - +708
03/04 - +684
02/04 - +569
01/04 - +563
31/03 - + 381
30/03 - + 180

Caveat: 28-30 March we had 3 days dropping in a row then went from 180 to 381 so we're not out of the woods yet.

Birdo

Banned
And when countries have the virus 'under control', what happens next? How do you stop it coming back the same way it came in the first place?

Poorer countries are going to be holding us back for a LONG time.

It's not their fault, but because of their lack of medical infrastructure and resources, this is going to sweep through them like a tidal wave.

Free movement will HAVE to be restricted if we don't want wave-after-wave of this.

Gp1

I went to the doctor to get a flu shot today. I was creeped the fuck out going there. Nurse was in like full face mask protection with goggles and everything

In Brazil we are doing drive thru flu shots for those in greater risk (especially the elderly). So both nurse and patient don't have much contact.

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned

Cool, again a great report from individual people with such meaningful conclusions as "THIS VIRUS IS BRUTAL". I would be interested to hear what the hundreds of thousands of people who really had a mild course (if they had noticed anything at all) say.
I myself know two cases from work. Both have sore throat and would go to work in this state at any time. In a hospital nearby, more than 30 employees recently tested positive. All are now at home and show no noticeable symptoms. And don't forget all the celebrities with their severe cases...we can read all the time about them.

Also I don't know how seriously you have to take someone who says of himself: "My chest felt tight and I didn't know if it was from the virus or from anxiety.". I guess that's just the way it is when you're a "reporter" from the NYT. I don't doubt that there are exactly such cases of illness and I also think people who post something like that are important to sensitize other people. But then every time they come to the general conclusion "This virus is absolutely brutal. "Mild" is not mild by any normal definition," all I can do is to think stfu.

cryptoadam

Banned
I don't want to celebrate just yet but it looks like in the west we are starting to turn the corner. There is still going to be a rough few weeks ahead as things plateau and level off. But a lot of countries the % increase is going down day by day and getting under 10%.

Even the US which everyone REEEEEtard wants to see become a giant graveyard, things are trending in the right direction. It needs to continue that way and hopefully Florida or somewhere else doesn't become NY v2. But if the trend continues the decline in new cases will start in about 2 or 3 weeks.

BUT BIG IF TRENDS CONTINUE. One metro area going crazy can throw everything off and reverse all the good work done the last week or so.

eot

Banned
Italy and Spain, as well as a few smaller countries, have definitely peaked now. It's still going to take several weeks for things to truly level off though, but at least there can be no doubt about these temporary restrictions having had effect.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Cool, again a great report from individual people with such meaningful conclusions as "THIS VIRUS IS BRUTAL". I would be interested to hear what the hundreds of thousands of people who really had a mild course (if they had noticed anything at all) say.
I myself know two cases from work. Both have sore throat and would go to work in this state at any time. In a hospital nearby, more than 30 employees recently tested positive. All are now at home and show no noticeable symptoms. And don't forget all the celebrities with their severe cases...we can read all the time about them.

Also I don't know how seriously you have to take someone who says of himself: "My chest felt tight and I didn't know if it was from the virus or from anxiety.". I guess that's just the way it is when you're a "reporter" from the NYT. I don't doubt that there are exactly such cases of illness and I also think people who post something like that are important to sensitize other people. But then every time they come to the general conclusion "This virus is absolutely brutal. "Mild" is not mild by any normal definition," all I can do is to think stfu.
I think they just mean that they didn’t get severe pneumonia, so it is considered mild in comparison.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Should have clarified. He was asked about burying bodies in parks, which he denied.

Oh I know I was was side lining the conversation into something happening in our neck of the woods.

Last edited:

Kacho

Oh I know I was was side lining the conversation into something happening in our neck of the woods.

HonestSeriousGavial-size_restricted.gif

Mihos

Gold Member

Iceland evidently tested the general population (not just those who show signs or at risk), and half of the people who came up positive had no symptoms at all.

Jonsoncao

Banned

I feel like CCP must be trialed for the crimes against Chinese people, not against U.S..

CCP alerted U.S. officials (HHS Secretary Alex Azar and CDC director Robert Redfield to be specific) on Jan 3, 20 days before CCP announced anything to its people.

Please check this video (timestamped, around 1 hr 3min).

I don't know if people realized this or not. The US govt is in bed with CCP on many things. Many CCP-bashings from these legislators are just superficial to fool their voters.

Loki

Count of Concision
Good to see another Doctor treating it with Zinc. It's more effective as a treatment than just using HCQ by itself.

Weren't all/most clinicians who were using hydroxychloroquine using it in conjunction with zinc? I had believed so, since even from the earliest reports that the drug might be effective, zinc was always mentioned as an adjuvant. Also, why is it taking this long to determine if the treatment is efficacious? I'd imagine that dozens/hundreds of clinicians in different countries have tried this by now on their critical patients - is the data not being aggregated in some manner so that we have a large enough data set to base decisions on, or what? Boggles the mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom