• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airola

Ok, we were supposed to visit Italy in about two months from now. Booked a flight for it a long time ago. Might have to cancel the trip, lols, but I guess we'll see what the situation is later. We still have nearly two months to make our final decision about it.

Starfield

It's in my country, Austria.

2 confirmed cases

Now that it's officially out I can say is It has been inside Austria for a longer time already. I have connections to the Bundesheer, the austrian army and they already had confirmed cases two weeks ago.

These cover ups are probably happening all over Europe and the globe, don't believe your governments damage control

Ma-Yuan

"And, while the mortality rate of the virus is not as high as other infectious diseases, it does pose a higher health risk than seasonal influenza. "

Well at least Japan says its a higher risk then the seasonal flu. Which hopefully stops what about the flu talks . . .

GymWolf

Gold Member
It is not, the virus is spreading across the world, the difference is that in Europe, we're currently the only country who is testing every single person with fever because the government decided to dig deeper.

Other countries simply decided to ignore the issue because:

a) they don't want to scare people off (and investors) which is happening here in Italy unfortunately.

b) They aren't prepared to face the issue so they choose to cover their eyes and hope nobody gets hurt. (that's embarassing)

c) we still don't have a clear idea whether it is worth making a big deal out of this: the people who died (mostly elders) were already in poor health conditions so coronavirus was just one of many factors. People can recover from it as they did from SARS.

d) they know they have many cases and they're blatantly lying. (also shameful)

I think create panic is definitely a mistake, i've seen pics of people buying everything they could from stores even in cities that are not quarantined, that's silly.

But underestimating the outbreak is a big mistake too, cause it's affecting all of us, it will become pandemic in a matter of months: it's very easy to spread and most countries are not taking the right measures.

Personally i'm a bit disappointed by the EU, i was expecting some mandatory measures forced from Bruxelles to any member state, a unified solution, we need to fight the outbreak all together instead of letting each country finding the solution by their own, which is leading to questionable decisions like Austria with their failed attempt to close borders.
Are you italian percaso?

It's in my country, Austria.

2 confirmed cases

Now that it's officially out I can say is It has been inside Austria for a longer time already. I have connections to the Bundesheer, the austrian army and they already had confirmed cases two weeks ago.

These cover ups are probably happening all over Europe and the globe, don't believe your governments damage control

it really would suck to find out EU governments have been holding back numbers, but I can almost see these asshats doing just that

Porcile

"And, while the mortality rate of the virus is not as high as other infectious diseases, it does pose a higher health risk than seasonal influenza. "

Well at least Japan says its a higher risk then the seasonal flu. Which hopefully stops what about the flu talks . . .

Except for the Diamond Princess fuck-up I actually appreciate the Japanese government's fairly measured messaging about the whole thing. Although except for people buying masks, we are yet to reach peak irrational panic yet.

1000 tourists in quarantine on Teneriffe, at the H10 Costa Adeje Palace Resort, wierdly said a Iranian doctor tested positive earlier, now it might be Italian tourists.

one thing I hope they don't do again is quarantine infected people with uninfected people. That cruise ship should have been a learning opportunity

GHG

Gold Member
Unfortunately it looks like this is starting to hit its stride.

All the people who were incubating and unknowingly spreading this for the last 2-3 weeks are now starting to get symptoms hence all these cases across Europe. The problem is they won't be the only ones. The asymptomatic spread paired with people's lax attitudes is what will prevent this from going away any time soon.

man fuck china. no way this doesn’t blow up here too. If I get it I’ll never eat a spring roll again

Come on now pussy, take it like a man. Don't need a quarantine if you got freedomz.

We're about to see the wonders of mass disorganization and lack of institutional controls when this infects tens of millions in the west and cripples entire political systems there.

Last edited:
what is the chances that this has already spread throughout the wider population and majority have had it and thought it was a bad cold or flu and got over it never realising it was the wuhan? They are only testing very few people and the tests seem to have a low reliability anyway.

sinnergy

what is the chances that this has already spread throughout the wider population and majority have had it and thought it was a bad cold or flu and got over it never realising it was the wuhan? They are only testing very few people and the tests seem to have a low reliability anyway.
Very likely, that’s the nature of this virus . That’s why Germany now checks people that come in with the flu.
It’s already here , and with incubation of max 4 weeks before symptoms... it will run it’s course . And we will see if lockdowns WW have effect. I also read this unlike flu doesn’t care if the climate is more warm, look at Singapore and Iran , Thailand.

I would suggest to stock some aspirine , ibuprofen, for your family.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Very likely, that’s the nature of this virus . That’s why Germany now checks people that come in with the flu.
It’s already here , and with incubation of max 4 weeks before symptoms... it will run it’s course . And we will see if lockdowns WW have effect. I also read this unlike flu doesn’t care if the climate is more warm, look at Singapore and Iran , Thailand.

I would suggest to stock some aspirine , ibuprofen, for your family.

And take Vitamin C every day.

keraj37

I am trying so hard to remove this smirk from my face because I should not smirk at this

tell the truth motherfuckers!

serious dude looks sick, did he want to stand in front of the camera while removing sweat? smh hope he recovers but they are playing with fire

Well, that is crazy stuff - makes me think about real strength of this 'flu'.

Sakura

Like 0 chance that it has already spread through the majority of the population.

Ma-Yuan

Berliner Innensenator erwägt im Notfall Abriegelung der Stadt

Angesichts einer möglichen Ausbreitung des neuartigen Coronavirus in Europa spielen die Berliner Behörden auch die Variante durch, die Stadt oder Teile davon abzuriegeln – ähnlich wie einige Kommunen in Norditalien. Ob und in welchem Ausmaß eine solch drastische Maßnahme überhaupt umsetzbar ist, ist aber offen, wie Innensenator Andreas Geisel am Dienstag deutlich machte.

„Es wird in jedem Fall nicht einfach“, sagte der SPD-Politiker in der Pressekonferenz nach der Senatssitzung auf Anfrage. „Aber natürlich ist der Katastrophenschutz in Berlin vorbereitet. Wir haben die entsprechenden Katastrophenschutzpläne. Und würden, wenn es notwendig wäre und eine entsprechende Gefahrensituation festgestellt wird, solche Dinge auch veranlassen können.“

Geisel weiter: „Die Frage ist, wie wirksam ist das, und funktioniert das in einer 3,7-Millionen-Einwohner-Stadt so umfassend wie das in oberitalienischen Kleinstädten der Fall ist. Aber ja, wir machen uns auch über diese Fragen Gedanken.“

Nach dem Coronavirus-Ausbruch mit Hunderten Fällen in Italien sind laut Gesundheitsverwaltung in Berlin bisher keine Fälle nachgewiesen worden. In den norditalienischen Regionen Venetien und Lombardei wurden mehrere Kommunen abgeriegelt, um die weitere Ausbreitung des Virus zu verhindern.

Basically they think about all options including a lockdown or partial lockdown of Berlin . . . but have no real clue how to do it and if it works but we are well prepared :messenger_grinning_squinting:.

It would be fun to see how they would try to quarantine certain inhabitants with certain cultural backgrounds that are not really fond of follwwing any of our laws . . . But maybe then Germany would wake up to this issue. So I see this as a benefit.

Liljagare

Gold Member
Yeah, going to stop checking for a few, it has plopped up all over this day, Mallorca is apparently one spot that hasn't reported, Schweiz has confirmed cases (and this week, everyone will be coming home from their skiing vacations there).. Keep on hoping, but it is looking worrysome to say the least atm.

There are reports that nations have underreported, either by mistake or negligence, Covid-19 cases have been lumped in with the regular flue that is also having its season.. :\

Last edited:

autoduelist

Rumor is people collapsing in Iran just like we heard in Wuhan. Also, obviously could be staged for lols or agenda.

Supposedly an Iranian official said 50 already dead, though again, could be he misspoke or other assorted nonsense.

Mihos

Gold Member

Rumor is people collapsing in Iran just like we heard in Wuhan. Also, obviously could be staged for lols or agenda.

Supposedly an Iranian official said 50 already dead, though again, could be he misspoke or other assorted nonsense.

People are collapsing in New Orleans like that right now too!

2519832135_32640709e2_z.jpg

cryptoadam

Banned

Pretty sure Iran has been lieing. They lied abiut the plane and have been probably lieing about nukes.

They had an election and wanted people to show up. Their faux elextuion was more important.

You also need to look at government action. Everyone is closing contact with Iran. If it wanst serious they wouldnt be acting like this.

Iran is the new China. Their lies are probably going to cause the outbreak in the mideast. Already most cases are from people who traveled to Iran and then brought it back to their country.

cryptoadam

Banned
They better burn that ship to the ground once everyone is off of it. Fucking diamond cruise ship spreading corona all over the place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom