• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgPrime

Banned
We welcome our chinese guests in the wonderful country of Switzerland. May you have a pleasant stay.

Was nice knowing you guys ;)

Hope i can fly back to germany next week.

Like expected: It came from Italy to Tessin (Switzerland) and now we can just hope it reaches Geneva soon (The headquarter of WHO)

Last edited:
It's so good that I'm living in village that world even don't know that we exists :)

what flag is YOU?
percent_0

iorek21

Brazillians rescued from Wuhan were liberated from quarantine last Sunday, 14 days after they left China.

This will end up fucking things on here

any place else to listen to the CDC stream even after it ended because the audio on that one was a mess at the end.

EDIT better audio

Last edited:
Scary WHO thread

We are not prepared. CDC is hoping this is seasonal. When Spring comes we will be fine, this is what they told Trump.

CDC is letting me down so far because I was expecting better than the WHO
All they had to do was look at Singapore a hot ass city state this will not go away because of summer heat smh

This sounds a little like China nut sucking, but in the case that it's not...

I would believe that, they make everything, and they do knockoff of brand names all the time I can see them have 60 ventilators

Just 'keeping you alive' is not really as good as people think it is, sounds like a plan but. I've been in the ICU many times and a few times on ventilators, horror show trust me

that is just like it sounds, just keeping you alive does not mean the machine helps you recover

rofif

Banned
What are the most common symptoms and treatment so far? How the virus spreads? ... I kinda feel like it's a good to know this now so I am asking.
Also - wgat helps best so far? Does antibiotics do anything?

What are the most common symptoms and treatment so far? How the virus spreads? ... I kinda feel like it's a good to know this now so I am asking.

Nothing helps but time. Obviously staying hydrating and rest and other normal things to do when sick is marginally helpful.

The biggest issue with this is it causes pneumonia which can cause lung damage and death.

It spreads in all the way normal viruses/etc spread. Coughing, touching your face, sneezing. Some have said they found virus RNA in pee and poo.. so don't touch those either. It can apparently live on surfaces for an undetermined amount of time (5 hours? 24 hours?). So if someone wipes their nose, opens a door, and you come along a couple hours later and open the door and then scratch your eye.. RIP rofif rofif

Some people get it mild, or don't have any symptoms.. but still have the virus and still spread the virus, though details on this are not 100% known yet.

Also, Q1 2020 fashion has arrived.

Soap water wash your hands all the time, for over 20 seconds I would go for a full minute.
A virus is different than other germs you can kill with antibiotics.

Bleach and water to clean your surfaces, door knobs

no kissing hugging and shaking hands because as soon as you touch your face after you got that virus on you it will find a way in

mouth, eyes, or nose

if it is in the air, that is what the masks can help a little with

rofif

Banned
Nothing helps but time. Obviously staying hydrating and rest and other normal things to do when sick is marginally helpful.

The biggest issue with this is it causes pneumonia which can cause lung damage and death.

It spreads in all the way normal viruses/etc spread. Coughing, touching your face, sneezing. Some have said they found virus RNA in pee and poo.. so don't touch those either. It can apparently live on surfaces for an undetermined amount of time (5 hours? 24 hours?). So if someone wipes their nose, opens a door, and you come along a couple hours later and open the door and then scratch your eye.. RIP rofif rofif

Some people get it mild, or don't have any symptoms.. but still have the virus and still spread the virus, though details on this are not 100% known yet.

Thank you. At least pneumonia is easily treated... So gotta watch out for that. I am polish so not scared yet but it is coming

I have a Merch store on Amazon where I could design and sell t-shirts but Amazon has a policy that you can't post things related to disasters I bet they are banning many creators for COVID19 shirts

let me check the reddit to see what has been going on with shirt sales and bans lol

cryptoadam

Banned
I have a Merch store on Amazon where I could design and sell t-shirts but Amazon has a policy that you can't post things related to disasters I bet they are banning many creators for COVID19 shirts

let me check the reddit to see what has been going on with shirt sales and bans lol

How about a shirt that says

I survivied the CCP's lies about Cornoa Virus and all I got was this shirt.

And on the back it would have CCP crossed out replaced with Iran LOL.

Lets make that money before society collapses and its only use will be as toilet paper.

Oh I see CORONA is a beer I forgot about that Trademark they don't allow trademarks unless you own it

kinda weird they are not even allowing COVID19 shirts that is a disease and I create Sickle Cell Disease shirts for awareness but I guess I know Amazon knows Covid19 shirts are not for awareness they are for greedy and trolling mfs

autoduelist

I'd say that you are asking this epitomizes the problem... not that you are ignorant, but that nobody knows. Hopefully that changes soon, now that we have Western countries with epidemics.

But for now, we've heard all sorts of things - that it can be caught ocularly [through the eyes], that in some cases it has a 24+ day period where someone doesn't appear sick, that in some cases a spreader has no discernible symptoms, that some people can get it twice, that some people die of heart attacks, that even govt quarantines are failing...

Should we be concerned? Sure? Probably? I spent a couple hundred to increase my supplies [mostly on hardware, like a water purifier], but I have kids to think about. But there seems to be no way to know what we should be concerned about, or how concerned we should be. We aren't being told to stop going to school/work, obviously, since that would either a]be overkill, or b] be important, but cause panic. Which? Who knows, not us.

My guess is this will be a flu to most people, but if you are in the estimated 20% severe case pile, it'll put you in the hospital. I think supply runs will be the biggest issue to most people, but if we're lucky, this will be a big nothing here. Panic is most likely more dangerous than simply going about your day... it's one thing to disrupt the trade/shipping of chinese plastic gadgets, it's another when there is a run on canned goods.

My hope is, assuming the cdc knows the true scope, we're already focusing on that sort of stuff. It sounds like we might be. I'd like to see US factories switching to producing masks China is denying us, and medication, for example [i have heard this is happening].

As for recommendations, i am not a doctor. If you're in an infection zone, I think there is a fine line between quarantining yourself if you think you are sick vs going to a hospital that may already be strained to capacity. [This is also why buying some supplies now is smart - don't wait and put pressure on a strained system, get it now and don't contribute to panic later].

I have never been phased by any of this fearmongering before [sars, mad cow, bird flu, it's always something]. Zika was a little concerning only because my wife was pregnant, but still felt overwrought. This one seems different. But it's hard to know if we're just overreacting because we are paying attention. I think the only real option is to buy some supplies and go about your business and try not to be part of the problem.

Siri

Banned
The Iranian leaders are in total denial, telling everyone to go about their business ‘as usual’, saying the whole thing is just ‘fear-mongering’ being stoked by Iran’s enemies.

Iran is completely fucked.

But if the Chinese couldn’t contain this from one city, when they were attempting to do so, then what’s going to happen when an entire country does absolutely nothing?

The Iranian leaders are in total denial, telling everyone to go about their business ‘as usual’, saying the whole thing is just ‘fear-mongering’ being stoked by Iran’s enemies.

Iran is completely fucked.

But if the Chinese couldn’t contain this from one city, when they were attempting to do so, then what’s going to happen when an entire country does absolutely nothing?

not all is lost if they get sick themselves the top must all be over 50 good odds the people will never have to deal with this level of stupid again

Butz

Banned
Alright, without overexaggerating - how dangerous is it really? Because I'm looking at numbers and a 1-2% death rate is about on par with a normal flu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom