• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iorv3th

Oh noes, they will have to slash their enormous profits by having to use normal sugar for a change.

They aren't allowed to. The US only allows a certain amount of Sugar to be imported into the country every year and they already set the quotas for what they allow. So unless the FDA changes that you aren't going to ever get real sugar as a common sweetener.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
The best of Coronavirus panic mode here in Italy

1) Supermarkets with meat/milk/butter sections (and salt too surprisingly) empty in most cities, even those that have few cases or no cases at all

photo-2020-02-25-22-45-09.jpg

2) Hand sanitizers are extremely rare, prices up to 200 euro on Amazon

amuchina.jpg

3) creative mask replacements
photo-2020-02-25-21-49-11.jpg

vpance

1) Supermarkets with meat/milk/butter sections (and salt too surprisingly) empty in most cities, even those that have few cases or no cases at all

amuchina.jpg

Salt in your diet is a necessity. You can get real messed up without enough of it. So it definitely goes on the prepper list.

demigod

amuchina.jpg

That old lady, lmao.

Kadayi

Banned
*IF* we're taking China at it's word, and only 64,786 out of the 58,500,000 people in Hubei Province came down with the disease, that's only a 0.01% chance of even catching it, and 3% CFR makes catching it AND dying from it a MINUSCULE chance in the grand scheme of things. BUT, this is assuming the numbers are correct, and it doesn't really factor in outbreak equations, where perhaps 1 part of town (YOUR PART OF TOWN!) is hardest hit, while other areas might have no one sick.

China went into Lockdown. That's how they've kept the numbers down. Do you think London is capable of that? Or Berlin or Paris?

eot

Banned
This is probably backwards but the thing that has me concerned is that the media and the government love to fear monger...but this time we're being told everything's fine?
Who's saying it's fine? Plenty of official communications are telling people to prepare for some degree of interruption of normal life

Last edited:
China went into Lockdown. That's how they've kept the numbers down. Do you think London is capable of that? Or Berlin or Paris?

Hard to tell. We won't know until it's too late I think. I think different areas will manager better than others though.

I don't think this has the lethality to really destabilize a Western power. Really worst case is a lot of sick people and a lot of older dead people, but most working age people will pull through (and yay, Social Security is suddenly flush with cash!)

Podunk countries have the potential to go full tilt and just crumble though, especially if the population isn't informed on what to do (what not to do).

MOST of said podunk countries are around the equator though, so if this thing does get minimized by Summer weather.. they might be ok.

autoduelist

Alright, without overexaggerating - how dangerous is it really? Because I'm looking at numbers and a 1-2% death rate is about on par with a normal flu.

From what i understand, it seems like only 20% have a severe reaction. Many exhibit only mild symptoms.
But i saw one chart somewhere [i think in a tim pool vid] that showed of 'closed' cases, a much higher death rate. I don't know exactly how death rate is currently figured by cdc.

So what kind of emergencies stores do people have so far?

I have to imagine just with shit we keep in cubbords/etc we probably have a week at least of food. It's not GREAT food, but it's food. Canned shit, pasta, crackers, that kind of stuff.

We definitely do not stock enough water though. Not sure a good way to keep 150 gallons sitting around. (Fish tank?)

BNO stays awesome

Probably, yeah. We're fucked :(

Btw someone shit in front of my house a few hours ago. Fucking savages.

Was it a firm shit, or a messy one?

Last edited:
Brazil is a 200+ million people country with shit infrastructure and poor health system. It's the perfect place for this shit to spread. They better be careful with those confirmed cases or we'll get screwed pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom