• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the virus would be 100% deadly.

You got to BELIEVE! IRAN believes
giphy.gif

South Korea updates are going to keep on going

Last edited:
Iran’s probably just shooting all the infected.

Iran has to move carefully around this mess, they can't keep blaming this on an outside enemy bullshit while on TV sweating like death is calling them

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
First confirmed case in Brazil in the city of São Paulo.

City population: 12 million.

NICE.

Last edited:
So Germany's doing a random sample test in 100 general practices to see if this has been spreading silently.

I'm eagerly awaiting the outcome of that test. People are already freaking out here in Germany, it's going to be nice to see what happens when it turns out that it has spread way further than we think.
XBAmFrT.jpg

Well, I went to the store and picked up 15 gallons of water, 10 pounds of rice, a few assorted boxes of 12 gauge ammo, a random assortment of canned soup, a random assortment of canned fruit, 8 packs of N95 masks, 5 pounds of beef jerky, lots of hand sanitizer, a box of nitrite gloves, and some standard medicine. Really, I eat all this stuff anyways, it's just the quantity I don't normally buy. I feel like I should get more water. Also, I wonder if I should buy vitamins.

Ugh, I'll just go back out tomorrow before work and buy more stuff.

ExpandKong

Banned
Well, I went to the store and picked up 15 gallons of water, 10 pounds of rice, a few assorted boxes of 12 gauge ammo, a random assortment of canned soup, a random assortment of canned fruit, 8 packs of N95 masks, 5 pounds of beef jerky, lots of hand sanitizer, a box of nitrite gloves, and some standard medicine. Really, I eat all this stuff anyways, it's just the quantity I don't normally buy. I feel like I should get more water. Also, I wonder if I should buy vitamins.

You can never have too much ammo.

You can never have too much ammo.
I really question my resolve in a situation where I need a large amount of ammunition. At this point, I have way more slugs that I'm, realistically, never going to shoot. I should have just bought buckshot, at least that's semi-practical.

Last edited:

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web

That's quite the haul. N95 masks are a hot commodity these days, can't find them anywhere.
I was told that many children have died in China, prefer not to believe it, but hard to doubt the source.

I'm really troubled reading that we've only ran ~400 tests in the US.
We definitely have undetected cases, and if it takes too long to start finding them, we're going to have significant community spread before we take our first steps. If we fall behind too far, the early reports are going to show exponentially increasing cases, and panic will follow.
I'm troubled. All the people I love are in the high risk category on this one, but even though I want to tell them to stay home for the rest of the week, I don't need them to think I'm nuts.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads

Ive heard of the term concern trolling but would this be labelled as concern buying...?

uh Souuth Korea and China still had flights now SK is mad because China detained arrivals from South Korea and forced the people to go into a 14 day quarantine

watching a news stream this info came from

did not know they still had flights open smh

Gp1

it had arrived in Sao Paulo, confirmed after by 2 labs already.

A passager that arrived from business trip to Milan.
Looks like Italy screwed up pretty bad in Europe. Right now the autorities are tracking other passagers of the same flight.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Apparently just hit São Paulo too. This is gonna get way worse before it gets better.
Didn’t you think this before ? We have all seen what happens in China, since early January, that’s now 1,5 months.

But what strikes me is that human kind is kinda relaxed about it, meh don’t care I live in a clean city , won’t happen here, someone’s old grandma dies , whatever. And not able to place him or herself in other peoples shoes who live in countries that don’t have it all like most Europeans or USA.

if you want to keep it mild and small you have to quarantine instantly. Like China and Italy. Drastic measures for the greater good.

If you are not able to contain it in the first 3 weeks, you have something very differently to handle.

And China was late, they ignored it for almost more than 1.5 month.

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
The John Hopkins University provides a quite good and always up-to-date overview including statistics of COVID-19.

In the lower right part you can see current statistics for new infections and general developments. Based on the official figures worldwide, the curve for new infections is slowly stagnating and it is quite possible that the peak will soon be reached or has even already been reached.

Last edited:
If you are in Brazil and have a good news source confirming the second test results send to BNO

they seem stuck on the first report and not adding Brazil to the tracking page yet

Last edited:
OTHER PLACESCasesDeathsNotesLinks
Diamond Princess691436 serious, 10 recoveredSource
South Korea1,2611213 serious, 5 critical, 22 recoveredSource
Italy3251119 serious, 1 recovered Source
Japan171*213 serious, 23 recoveredSource
Iran9515Source
Singapore9107 critical, 58 recoveredSource
Hong Kong8524 critical, 2 serious, 18 recoveredSource
United States5706 recovered
Thailand4002 serious, 15 recoveredSource
Taiwan3215 recoveredSource
Malaysia22017 recoveredSource
Australia22015 recoveredSource
Germany1801 critical, 15 recoveredSource
Vietnam16016 recoveredSource
UAE1302 serious, 3 recoveredSource
United Kingdom1308 recoveredSource
France14111 recoveredSource
Canada1103 recoveredSource
Macau1006 recoveredSource
Bahrain260Source
Kuwait120Source
Iraq50Source
Philippines312 recoveredSource
India303 recoveredSource
Russia202 recoveredSource
Spain902 recoveredSource
Oman40Source
Nepal101 recoveredSource
Cambodia101 recoveredSource
Sri Lanka101 recoveredSource
Finland101 recoveredSource
Sweden10Source
Belgium101 recoveredSource
Egypt101 recoveredSource
Israel20Source
Lebanon10Source
Afghanistan10Source
Austria20Source
Croatia20Source
Switzerland10Source
Algeria10Source
TOTAL3,06849104 serious/critical

mcz117chief

Real rate is closer to 2% and it specifically dunks on old people. Even if millions die, it won't be millions that matter in terms of consumption and workforce. Sorry old people.
Savage but mostly true. However, a lot of working class people will get sick and will spend time in quarantine, hospitals, at home etc. which will result in a significant financial loss across all sectors. It could start a recession.

sinnergy

Savage but mostly true. However, a lot of working class people will get sick and will spend time in quarantine, hospitals, at home etc. which will result in a significant financial loss across all sectors. It could start a recession.
And young people have to do the old people’s jobs... because work has to be done.

Fun huh.

Come on guys , don’t be like that.
Some are 50 years , which is not that old. And lay in the hospital critical.

Reactions: GHG

jts

...hate me...
If this about the virus being more dangerous every time you get infected again is true won't the mortality rate increase as it cycles through the same people again? As well as average mortality age lowering as well over time.

What a shit show. Companies should be scrambling right now to pump billions into research about this.

sinnergy

If this about the virus being more dangerous every time you get infected again is true won't the mortality rate increase as it cycles through the same people again? As well as average mortality age lowering as well over time.

What a shit show. Companies should be scrambling right now to pump billions into research about this.
And throw away my change to buy another Veyron? Nahhhhh...

Yeah I read that also , second infection can give you a heart attack. It also seems to stay in the blood stream even when you are cured, they don’t know why yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: jts
So what kind of emergencies stores do people have so far?

I have to imagine just with shit we keep in cubbords/etc we probably have a week at least of food. It's not GREAT food, but it's food. Canned shit, pasta, crackers, that kind of stuff.

We definitely do not stock enough water though. Not sure a good way to keep 150 gallons sitting around. (Fish tank?)

We have enough meat, fish, ghee, tallow, and butter to last us probably six months. I just need to stock up a bit on cleaning supplies and toiletries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom