• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the progression of emerging stories talking about reinfection from various parts of the world, conveniently timed for maximum impact, looks just as crooked as all the celebs they've trotted out. Alyssa Milano posted a follow up to her condition which is, of course, still making this sound like something really scary. The fearmongers have become way too predictable, I don't see how they can keep this up without changing things up.

Maybe Bill will fast forward to "the next one" so "the darkest winter in modern history" doesn't become a bad joke everyone forgets. If the level of fear comes down they'll have a difficult time selling their "new normal" in January.

"Go back to your houses everyone, theres a Second wave comming..."

Seems like this didnt convince people as expected.

Then right after that, suddenly the narrative shifts to "First case of second infection in... Guess what, China!"

diffusionx

Gold Member

First state to remove the state of emergency. I am so tired of this shit and I hope more people do the same.

Wait, the feds are bribing states to keep up the state of emergency and keep up this ridiculous nonsense? Just like they are bribing hospitals for positive COVID cases and deaths?

CloudNull

Banned
Wait, the feds are bribing states to keep up the state of emergency and keep up this ridiculous nonsense? Just like they are bribing hospitals for positive COVID cases and deaths?
Holy shit. I didn’t think of it that way lol.

Truthfully though I think that’s how all states of emergency work, even for natural disasters. Declaring it makes the state eligible for more money.... not sure on the exact specifics. Maybe some one who knows more about it can weigh in?

cryptoadam

Banned
How can you restart when your work force gets sick? Or are only robots doing the work and making money? There is a virus that is crippling people ..

But maybe you guys can reason with the virus ?

How hard is it to understand ?

1 you need to keep the virus in check.
2 you create room to open up
3 you can start your work force in steps
4 you need to keep measures to find balance in health and economy
5 you need to keep it this way until you can ease steps
6 and when it gets worse you tighten
7 rinse and repeat

8 welcome to the reality of now,

ever heard of world changing events ? Look them up in history, pandemics are one of them.

Not that hard.

And in the mean time try to life and do things that you can do. Instead of bitching what you can’t. Whole world is in the same spot.

And on top of this curve you are going into the flu season .. and catching both could be a real trouble , no body wants this scenario yet the USA is right heading into this scenario.

Where I live virus is almost dead 20 to 40 cases a day 3 deaths a week. Lockdown ended May 25th. 20 people under 50 died. 86% of deaths were in old age homes.

Less than 100 under 60 total dead. I think its ok for those people to work. Heck my 90 year old grandma with dimentia had it and was asymptomatic and survived.

And now the Germans just said 5 day quarantine is enough not 2 weeks and the NYT said up to 90% of tests are people who dont have live virus.

Your stories of everyone in the world will die are overblown. Keep the virus away from the old and the fat and your city / country will be ok.

sinnergy

Where I live virus is almost dead 20 to 40 cases a day 3 deaths a week. Lockdown ended May 25th. 20 people under 50 died. 86% of deaths were in old age homes.

Less than 100 under 60 total dead. I think its ok for those people to work. Heck my 90 year old grandma with dimentia had it and was asymptomatic and survived.

And now the Germans just said 5 day quarantine is enough not 2 weeks and the NYT said up to 90% of tests are people who dont have live virus.

Your stories of everyone in the world will die are overblown. Keep the virus away from the old and the fat and your city / country will be ok.
Says you , but I know at least one young person that’s still recovering, who says those would not become even more if you let the virus spread ? I am not saying it will but you guys seem determined to the fact that it won’t ...

Which you can’t rule out because For example over here they found a error in the DNA sequence of people that got invected, independent from age.

Who is to say that if you let it spread you cripple a lot more ?

It’s not for nothing that the world is on edge ..

Just expect that the world has changed and obey the simple rules .is it that hard,?m

And now you come in with your demented grand mother 🤣

We had a 100 year old survive and people in their 50’s die .. just saying

Last edited:
Says you , but I know at least one young person that’s still recovering, who says those would not become even more if you let the virus spread ? I am not saying it will but you guys seem determined to the fact that it won’t ...

Which you can’t rule out because For example over here they found a error in the DNA sequence of people that got invected, independent from age.

It’s not for nothing that the works is on edge ..

Just expect that the world has changed and obey the simple rules .is it that hard,?
People like you continually pretending that we've been dealt "simple rules" is absurd. 30%+ of small business closing down permanently is in no way simple. Nor is telling grandparents that they are not allowed to see their grandkids, for an entire year.

sinnergy

People like you continually pretending that we've been dealt "simple rules" is absurd. 30%+ of small business closing down permanently is in no way simple. Nor is telling grandparents that they are not allowed to see their grandkids, for an entire year.
Dude people who lived in a war would laugh so hard about this statement ...

Yeah it’s hard for a couple of years ... at least you can live .

We are all spoiled it’s becoming a real problem .

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Holy shit... AT LEAST ONE?!

Better shut down the planet.

cryptoadam

Banned

Just expect that the world has changed and obey the simple rules .is it that hard,?m

Wow you know 1 person I guess we need to destroy the world.

Malaria has killed nearly 700K people this year but we don't have to obey "simple rules" The flu 350K.

And the virus has a ceiling how much it spreads. Just look at Sweden. They did some basic mitigation and the virus peaked and stopped spreading. If your fear mongering was correct all of Sweden should of been infected at this point and there should be 100's of thousands dead, but there isn't.

Sweden which didn't do any lock downs just small mitigation had about 225 people under 60 die.

I am not saying no one is going to die, but its overblown that this is a virus that will kill millions unless you infect your elderly only.

Protect the old, let everyone else go back to life with some mitigation (like washing hands, social distancing etc...).

Chaplain

"People I respect have taken the view that we should tolerate these measures as the “new normal.” But they’re missing the point. This isn’t about masks or restaurants. It’s about government intrusion. It’s about moral busybodies with the power to impose their view of how things ought to be on people who have no say in the matter. This is about the emergency loophole that has suddenly turned so many governors and mayors into tyrants." (Douglas Axe, Maxwell Professor of Molecular Biology at Biola University, 9/4/20)

diffusionx

Gold Member

Take it from someone who lived through a tyrant governor’s “objective” and “scientific” reopening plan - it is all smoke and mirrors, he will drop it as soon as it becomes obvious that he will have to give up his newfound powers.

In fact this document Newsom’s team put together reads like he is aware of the criticisms Cuomo got when he dropped his plan in favor of arbitrary edicts.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
"I take joy in the way the government arbitrarily micromanages your life right now, no matter how you feel about it."

Fucking sicko.

I am sort of realising that some people are actually so committed to the fearmongering that they see, as the other poster said, 30% of small businesses closing and grandparents unable to see grandkids for a year, as some kind of victory over people who don't want that.

"It's saving lives!" Is the cry but realistically we WILL pay the price down the line as lives are lost due to the actions taken now. Expect suicides, for example, to rise.

Such people don't want to talk about data of course. Preferring to point to anecdotes.

Imagine taking delight in the destruction of livelihoods and mental well being because you think thats some kind of moral victory.

You know a guy? Well that’s it. Start digging bunkers. This guy knows somebody. I’M HAVING A PANIC ATTACK!!!

ManaByte

Gold Member
118824812_3441860119240957_7532955169278623194_n.jpg

WoJ

Dude people who lived in a war would laugh so hard about this statement ...

Yeah it’s hard for a couple of years ... at least you can live .

We are all spoiled it’s becoming a real problem .

Some of us have a hard time taking some of these mitigation measures seriously and are pissed off at watching local businesses in our communities be decimated. And yes, some of us, myself being one of them, are annoyed at being forced to wear a mask while walking through a restaurant for 30 seconds, but can take it off as soon as I sit down at a table. Yes, those 30 seconds magically are going to stop me from spreading the virus in the restaurant despite the fact 99% of my time in the actual restaurant I'm not going to wear the mask.

Why are some of us rolling our eyes at the way this is managed? Just a couple pages back we have someone pointing out that an actual government website is promoting the use of gloryholes for "safe sex" due to COVID:

We have something like this at the University of Georgia that was taken down because of how absurd it is: https://www.redandblack.com/uganews...cle_305a42c6-dcc1-11ea-923e-0f2e984fc09c.html

So let me get this straight - Gloryholes, okay. Masks while walking through a restaurant for 30 seconds, bad.

It's just so laughable inconsistent and lacking in common sense in how these "SaFeTy mEAsUrEz!!!!!" are being applied they deserve mocking. It's not about life being hard. It's about being forced to take things seriously and act in ways our government leaders are now forcing us to that defy logic if you have a brain and are capable of applying an ounce of common sense.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
"I know someone who has COVID" or "a friend of a friend has it" is like the "my uncle works at Nintendo" of "pandemics".

Cool story. Now explain to me why 99% of people are getting fucked for the 0.4% this actually effects.

The mentality behind "the lockdowns/masks work".

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Now you know why Cuomo was screaming for ventilators. The sociopath wanted the death.

Too much vent usage and nursing home genocide likely account for most if not all of the giant discrepancy that exists between NY/NJ and the rest of the country. Media and “experts” will never ever discuss it because they need to portray Cuomo as being a strong leader whose insane lockdown, bullying attitude, insane power grabs, and arbitrary edicts was and is the model for “handling” this virus.

But just imagine a world where New York got the virus and the death rate was 1/2 of what it was, if they didn’t wipe out nursing homes or use too many vents, would the hysteria have been sustained? People still point to the “chaos“ of New York in April to justify this stuff.

theyre still pumping out the fear mongering garbage by the way:

Last edited:
But what about the ventilator vs CPAP is killing people?
Ventilators are known to cause VAP (Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia) in patients, which has long been known to be fairly deadly. Add COVID to the patient and it seems it's even more deadly, although that's more of a guess than anything else.

Ventilators are still normally considered good for things that are super-deadly to begin with, but you don't put someone on a ventilator just because it might be helpful, you'll kill more people than would otherwise die.

cryptoadam

Banned

I am patiently waiting for millions to die in Belarus. And they had these types of protests for basically a month now. Go back 1 week ago or 2 weeks ago and you will see the same 100's of thousands of protesters.

carlosrox

Banned
We had a bunch of BLM protests here in Vancouver back when it was TRENDING and there was not a single fucking case of Fauxvid-19.

Not one.

Highly contagious. Much deadly.

diffusionx

Gold Member
So what’s the alternative when the doc recommends you go on a ventilator?

When the doc recommends you go on a vent, the grim reaper is on his way. It’s basically a last ditch effort. Probably too late to use the TrumpDrug aka HCQ, although I doubt it’s used much in NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom