• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezbollah

tenor.gif

Hulk_Smash

Banned

One of the biggest stories as the world eventually exits from this pandemic will be the level of coverups like this that will eventually rear its head.
Especially China. I wouldn’t be surprised if their deaths topped a million. I remember reading a report in February of 2020 that it was so bad in Wuhan that they were running the crematoriums 24 hours a day.

The “80k” deaths was pure propaganda from the very beginning.

And now that downward case trend that was riiiiight on the edge/could've gone either way is inevitably gonna go up with hospitalizations to follow giving the media another month of doomer gloomer articles before it goes back down again.
Man I hate being right. Just today, https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/29/cdc...id-cases-rise-again-right-now-im-scared-.html

I mean look I know its not good cases are rising, and fuck every college kid who went to Florida and Mexico to party, but cmon man who needs these ultra dramatic headlines like this? I just don't know what good this does. And also, this CDC lady has been doing this and saying this since early February.

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

School vans will be used to transport the dead in São Paulo. The morgues can't keep up with the amount of people dying.

Seriously. I can't.

:lollipop_crying:

Wow...Sorry to hear it has got that bad. Having to resort to use school buses is really bleak :( I'm guessing the already very high >300k deaths in Brazil is still very much underreported?

Keep safe!

Wow...Sorry to hear it has got that bad. Having to resort to use school buses is really bleak :( I'm guessing the already very high >300k deaths in Brazil is still very much underreported?

Keep safe!
Some recent data suggest that the actual number is over 400K deaths, but even with 300 that's a lot. And daily numbers in the last few weeks have gone from 1,200 to 3,600. The recent wave is really really bad. And the population won't help. There are places with lots of people going to beaches, travelling around just for fun etc. It's a terrible sight honestly. So much shit going on and some people acting like there's nothing happening.

Some recent data suggest that the actual number is over 400K deaths, but even with 300 that's a lot. And daily numbers in the last few weeks have gone from 1,200 to 3,600. The recent wave is really really bad. And the population won't help. There are places with lots of people going to beaches, travelling around just for fun etc. It's a terrible sight honestly. So much shit going on and some people acting like there's nothing happening.

Yeah that the young and/or healthy might not end up in hospital or dead but will pass it on to older and/or immune compromised people who will, seems to be lost on them.

Luckily my older parents and disabled brother have had their first dose of vaccine and are due their second dose next month. They have been surprisingly cautious even though restrictions here (UK) started to lift today. They want to wait and see how things go for a couple of weeks. Far more sensible!

I know it's not the fear mongering garbage some of you ingrates love so much, but this is HUGE 💪

It is great news and backs up the data from Scotland a few weeks ago...but (always a but!) the healthy under 50's worldwide are largely unvaccinated and it is this very large group of people that are now starting to relax/work more/mix more (certainly in the US/Europe) that may lead to another surge in cases which in turn risks mutations that escape current vaccines and outpace vaccine (booster) development.

Will be interesting what effect the Easter weekend and then retail opening up in two weeks has on cases here in the UK. Fingers crossed.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Doubt it's due to the vaccines. People didn't even start getting their second doses in the UK until mid-February, but if you look at that chart, you had already reduced your daily cases by more than 75% compared to the peak at that point.

dave_d

One of the biggest stories as the world eventually exits from this pandemic will be the level of coverups like this that will eventually rear its head.
Think we'll ever find out how bad it was in China? I know I know, only a maniac would think that. :messenger_grinning:

dave_d

Especially China. I wouldn’t be surprised if their deaths topped a million. I remember reading a report in February of 2020 that it was so bad in Wuhan that they were running the crematoriums 24 hours a day.

The “80k” deaths was pure propaganda from the very beginning.
Umm, that's not what China is reporting. Their claim is 90k cases total with 4600 deaths and that they basically eradicated it with infection controls. They're basically the only country claiming this as far as I can see. Only a shill or a slashdot poster would believe numbers like that.

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Umm, that's not what China is reporting. Their claim is 90k cases total with 4600 deaths and that they basically eradicated it with infection controls. They're basically the only country claiming this as far as I can see. Only a shill or a slashdot poster would believe numbers like that.
Holy shit. The lying is way worse than I thought.

Here is an MSN article from March of last year that took the photographic evidence it had at the time and did some simple math to show that in a 12 day period, Wuhan had cremated 26k dead bodies above the normal amount of cremated bodies for the whole quarter in just a 12 day period.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Doubt it's due to the vaccines. People didn't even start getting their second doses in the UK until mid-February, but if you look at that chart, you had already reduced your daily cases by more than 75% compared to the peak at that point.

It almost certainly is due to the vaccine. Immunity starts about 2 weeks after the first dose, and close to 10 million people in the UK had been vaccinated by the end of January. Up to 30 million now. Fantastic job by their public health organizations.

The second dose is just a booster meant to prolong immunity.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It almost certainly is due to the vaccine. Immunity starts about 2 weeks after the first dose, and close to 10 million people in the UK had been vaccinated by the end of January. Up to 30 million now. Fantastic job by their public health organizations.

The second dose is just a booster meant to prolong immunity.

I would bet it's more due to the 3rd strict national lockdown having started on January 6th than the fact that 1 dose had been administered to around 15% of the population, but I'll leave it at that.

dave_d

Holy shit. The lying is way worse than I thought.

Here is an MSN article from March of last year that took the photographic evidence it had at the time and did some simple math to show that in a 12 day period, Wuhan had cremated 26k dead bodies above the normal amount of cremated bodies for the whole quarter in just a 12 day period.
My guess is that China probably thought it was going to be like any other disease and be gone in at most 6 months so there could be some plausibility to their numbers. However what we saw with pretty much every other country makes it completely obvious their numbers are just horses**t.

Aarbron

Anyone gone for a black market vaccine? 🏴‍☠️

In all honesty, I wonder how widespread the trade in black market vaccines really is. Perhaps the AstraZeneca vaccine is most vulnerable to black market trade given its low storage and transportation cost and requirements.

AstraZeneca is urging Australian consumers to steer clear of third-party suppliers claiming they sell the company’s COVID-19 vaccines directly to the public, amid fears counterfeit coronavirus doses are headed for local shores.

International law enforcement agency Interpol issued warnings to consumers this week to stay vigilant about the threat of counterfeit vaccines, after South African authorities made arrests earlier this month over an alleged distribution network for fake products.

AstraZeneca, which is supplying the majority of Australia’s vaccines through its manufacturing agreement with CSL, said the company is only delivering its COVID-19 vaccines to governments for distribution. Individuals must book in with registered health providers who will administer the vaccine directly when the patient is eligible.

Last edited:

Jezbollah

At what point do these people, when faced with large amounts of data saying otherwise, are labelled as "deniers"?

In the meantime, UK heading towards herd immunity for the main strains of COVID19:

llien

llien

So all those yelling "THE UK HAS A VACCINE BAN RAH RAH RAH" please tell me how much of our production should we devote to making a completely pointless token gesture that will do absolutely nothing to abate the EU's vaccine situation but only serve to make ours worse.
Who cares about your "production" please?
UK bought 100 million from AZ, EU bought 400 million.
Deliveries are more like 1 to 1, not 1 to 4 as it should.

UK exports nothing, yet gets 11+ million jabs from EU (out of about 43 million jabs exported from EU, that's about half of vaccines produced in EU in the respective period).

Who cares about your "production" please?
UK bought 100 million from AZ, EU bought 400 million.
Deliveries are more like 1 to 1, not 1 to 4 as it should.

UK exports nothing, yet gets 11+ million jabs from EU (out of about 43 million jabs exported from EU, that's about half of vaccines produced in EU in the respective period)
Then please shut up moaning about us not exporting shit if you don't care about our production. As for the fairness bullshit we are paying a fuck ton more for these things than the EU are becasue the UK didn't feel it was right to nickle and dime on vaccines when our citizens were dying, unlike the EU. But now it is blowing up in their faces because they didn't value the lives of fellow EU citizens they are screaming "it isn't fair boo hoo". Why is it a surprise that AZ would prioritise the customers that are paying the most ?

llien

Then please shut up moaning about us not exporting shit if you don't care about our production.
As I just said, I don't care about your production, I do care about jabs leaving EU heading into UK.
I do care that EU exports 50% of its jab production.
While UK exports 0%, and on top of it is times ahead in number of jabs/person obtained.
ALL WHILE GETTING IMPORTS FROM EU.

we are paying a fuck ton more for these things than the EU are becasue the UK didn't feel it was right to nickle and dime on vaccines when our citizens were dying, unlike the EU.
This is OUTRAGOUS levels of BULLSHIT.
What the FUCKING FUCK is wrong with you?!?!?!
You pay more FOR WHAT?

You bought shit.
EU bought shit (a mistake, they should have bought more from German Biontech(Pfizer)).
UK got its order fulfiled, EU had not.
That is all that happened (in Q1).

Q2 onwards things will improve (not because of the shady piece like AZ, but due to other suppliers).
But this shameless idiotic nonsense about some missteps is fucking unbearable.

You got more of the shit, because you play selfish AND DIRTY.

As I just said, I don't care about your production, I do care about jabs leaving EU heading into UK.
I do care that EU exports 50% of its jab production.
While UK exports 0%, and on top of it is times ahead in number of jabs/person obtained.
ALL WHILE GETTING IMPORTS FROM EU.

This is OUTRAGOUS levels of BULLSHIT.
What the FUCKING FUCK is wrong with you?!?!?!
You pay more FOR WHAT?

You bought shit.
EU bought shit (a mistake, they should have bought more from German Biontech(Pfizer)).
UK got its order fulfiled, EU had not.
That is all that happened (in Q1).

Q2 onwards things will improve (not because of the shady piece like AZ, but due to other suppliers).
But this shameless idiotic nonsense about some missteps is fucking unbearable.

You got more of the shit, because you play selfish AND DIRTY.
It isn't rocket science llien we pay MORE per dose than the EU does. The EU was more concerned with penny pincing than with peoples lives. This is not just ME saying this it is your own damn European Govts saying this, The UK govt went to these vaccine manufacturers and gave them a blank cheque. The EU went to the vaccine manufacturers and haggled for a cheaper price,

You clearly are not objective in all this, as far as you are concerned the EU is a vestral fucking virgin. The UK dirty scum and AZ are peddlers of shit apparently. There is little point in trying to reason with some one as unhinged as you.

llien

It isn't rocket science llien we pay MORE per dose than the EU does.
None of such details are public, you know jack shit.

The EU was more concerned with penny pincing than with peoples lives.
Of all the ways to justify shady business practices of AZ, this is the most stinky one.
EU invested billions into vaccines for other countries. Germany alone bid more than 1.5 billion Euro.

This is not just ME saying this it is your own damn European Govts saying this,
You don't get what they mean by saying that.
It is about buying from AZ instead of Pfizer-Biontech.
mRNA vaccines are inherently more expensive.
incohernt ad hominem blabbing
Ew...

Last edited:

Liljagare

The disease appears to behave like Creutz-Jakob in a mutation now. Which is wierd, guess it leaves prions after infection.

New mutation is hitting younger people with side effects like, spasms, memory loss, loss of vision, drooling and that nice ol' feeling of bugs crawling on your skin. Has started in Canada, but very few international sources atm.

I still say this shit was manufactured. Our vaccines will more than likely fail at the end of the year, and if that happens, you know this stuff was man made..

(source in swedish, no english sauce yet)

Last edited:

Aarbron

llien

Updates from Germany on brain thrombosis cases.

2.6m doses administered (I don't know, how many were second doses).
31 cases of rare brain thrombosis. (normally happens 1-2 times a year per 1 million people)
9 dead. (Germany alone, was only 2 dead when AZ jabs were suspended for the first time)

Seems to mostly harm women under 50.

The question here is, how come UK has administered more than 20 million of AZ jabs, but hasn't detected the effect. (no, it's not happening only in Germany, out of 15 brain thrombosis deaths detected when AZ vaccination was first suspended, only 2 cases were German)

It is great news and backs up the data from Scotland a few weeks ago...but (always a but!) the healthy under 50's worldwide are largely unvaccinated and it is this very large group of people that are now starting to relax/work more/mix more (certainly in the US/Europe) that may lead to another surge in cases which in turn risks mutations that escape current vaccines and outpace vaccine (booster) development.

Will be interesting what effect the Easter weekend and then retail opening up in two weeks has on cases here in the UK. Fingers crossed.
What we should be seeing soon is the average age of those hospitalized going down, as we are in my county.

lyan

Updates from Germany on brain thrombosis cases.

2.6m doses administered (I don't know, how many were second doses).
31 cases of rare brain thrombosis. (normally happens 1-2 times a year per 1 million people)
9 dead. (Germany alone, was only 2 dead when AZ jabs were suspended for the first time)

Seems to mostly harm women under 50.

The question here is, how come UK has administered more than 20 million of AZ jabs, but hasn't detected the effect. (no, it's not happening only in Germany, out of 15 brain thrombosis deaths detected when AZ vaccination was first suspended, only 2 cases were German)
From this study (https://n.neurology.org/content/95/16/e2200) the numbers are more like 20 per million and was noted to be rising in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom