• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeramii

Banned
is there anywhere with a clear answer of the way things carry over?

let me explain: I have 4 run throughs completed with my lady Jane Shepard, who is a level 60 vanguard. my last full runthrough was done as a Renegade, but I generally play Paragon. I don't want my Renegade to carry over :(. I'm attempting to do a fast runthrough as a Paragon, but I doubt I'll make it due to busy life of school and work (and less than a week until ME2).

Is there any clear answer of it letting you choose from any or all of your playthroughs which (in my case) Jane Shepard moves on?

thanks to anyone who has any knowledge on said things. ^_^

Vamphuntr

Jeramii said:

let me explain: I have 4 run throughs completed with my lady Jane Shepard, who is a level 60 vanguard. my last full runthrough was done as a Renegade, but I generally play Paragon. I don't want my Renegade to carry over :(. I'm attempting to do a fast runthrough as a Paragon, but I doubt I'll make it due to busy life of school and work (and less than a week until ME2).

Is there any clear answer of it letting you choose from any or all of your playthroughs which (in my case) Jane Shepard moves on?

Every time you clear the game the game create an hidden save file. If you have 4 complete playthroughs, you will get to choose which one you will import in ME2. What carries over are decisions from ME1, class, appearence (you can modify class and appearance). You also get bonus paragon/renegade point depending which one your character was. You will also get ressources bonus (required to upgrade stuff). Bigger the level your character is when imported, the more you will get.

Ephemeris

Jeramii said:

You're good. You get to choose any of the 4 Janes.

edit: Beaten

Rubezh

Vamphuntr said:
Every time you clear the game the game create an hidden save file. If you have 4 complete playthroughs, you will get to choose which one you will import in ME2. What carries over are decisions from ME1, class, appearence (you can modify class and appearance). You also get bonus paragon/renegade point depending which one your character was. You will also get ressources bonus (required to upgrade stuff). Bigger the level your character is when imported, the more you will get.

Let's say I eventually got to level 60 after a number of playthroughs. If I wanted to import the decisions I made in the first save, would that also import the data that says I eventually got to level 60?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Rubezh said:
Let's say I eventually got to level 60 after a number of playthroughs. If I wanted to import the decisions I made in the first save, would that also import the data that says I eventually got to level 60?

Nope. It saves your level when you beat the game along with your decisions.

So you'd have to play through the game while being 60 the whole time while making the decisions you want if you want to carry through a 60 profile with decisions other than the ones you made in the playthrough where you hit 60 and beat the game.

Metroidvania said:

So you'd have to play through the game while being 60 the whole time while making the decisions you want if you want to carry through a 60 profile with decisions other than the ones you made in the playthrough where you hit 60 and beat the game.
:lol :lol Got damn bioware..!

Xamdou

Is it possible to go from level 50 to 60 in one play through? Right now I am level 56 and I have completed 1 of the 3 primary story planets so far and I am wondering if I will be able to reach level 60 at the end of this play through?

I'm very hyped for the game. Outside of the original launch "Shepard: Terminated" or whatever trailer and the E3 thing I have seen nothing about the game.

Going in blind will be so awesome.

However I bought my 360 on Halo 3 Launch night and mysteriously have never had a problem.
Maybe it's because of teh internets' love of hyperbole and a couple of rare instances of multiple red rings that I'm paranoid, but yeah, I'm paranoid.

Ephemeris

Xamdou said:
Is it possible to go from level 50 to 60 in one play through? Right now I am level 56 and I have completed 1 of the 3 primary story planets so far and I am wondering if I will be able to reach level 60 at the end of this play through?
I did. Just remember the basics: no mako kills, kill/collect/complete everything.

I can confirm there are no controllable vehicles in the Single Player. Instead the Hammerhead will be the only vehicle you can control and that only comes in a DLC. The EA guy who I was talking asked me to not to mention this till it was announced but other websites are reporting it already anyway.

One thing I did not like when I played the game is the End of Mission screen. It's really out of place and I'd much rather have the e.g. EXP incorporated into the display real-time.

The End of Mission screen is this static graphic (background of a planet with a relevant character from the level you just finished) and stats and the Level Up. I just skipped it honestly so I can't remember too much.

Ephemeris

SlickVic said:
The-Illusive-Man.jpg

Thank you for your service.

Xamdou said:

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Experience

I'm in the same boat as you. I started my 2nd playthrough at 56. I've really only done the main planets and I'm at 59 right now with 190K experience left to go. I have Ilos and Virmire left. I think I can make it if I start doing the remaining side quest missions.

Mulberry

Does the level of your Shepard matter, I figured that you would start at level 1 all over again? Anyone know of any benefits of starting at level 60?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Mulberry said:
Does the level of your Shepard matter, I figured that you would start at level 1 all over again? Anyone know of any benefits of starting at level 60?

Yes, your level, money, and total omni-gel at the end of the game provide some benefits. However, we don't know the exact details just yet.

Is it really that worth it to get your Mass Effect 1 character to level 60? I am 50 I think and I can start playing it now and get him to 60, just not sure if it is worthy enough to do it.

Ephemeris

sweetvar26 said:
Is it really that worth it to get your Mass Effect 1 character to level 60? I am 50 I think and I can start playing it now and get him to 60, just not sure if it is worthy enough to do it.

no idea what exactly the bonus is for being a level 60 (or 50 for that matter)

Meus Renaissance said:
I can confirm there are no controllable vehicles in the Single Player. Instead the Hammerhead will be the only vehicle you can control and that only comes in a DLC. The EA guy who I was talking asked me to not to mention this till it was announced but other websites are reporting it already anyway.

The Normandy SR2 is player controllable in galaxy map which is really the only thing that would matter in terms of ship control.

Ephemeris

Meus Renaissance said:

One thing I did not like when I played the game is the End of Mission screen. It's really out of place and I'd much rather have the e.g. EXP incorporated into the display real-time.

The End of Mission screen is this static graphic (background of a planet with a relevant character from the level you just finished) and stats and the Level Up. I just skipped it honestly so I can't remember too much.

Didn't realize you edited and added a bunch of new info. Thanks!

Ephemeris said:
no idea what exactly the bonus is for being a level 60 (or 50 for that matter)

I know that the choices carry over but not sure what exactly is the point of getting your character to 50 or 60 all the way, what benefits you get with it...

Jeramii

Banned
Metroidvania said:

which raises another question for me...

i can't remember if i was level 59 or 60 when i beat mass effect as a paragon.... is there going to be any benefit of me had been a 60 at the time? if so... guess i can play as jane shepard, biggest d-bag of the galaxy.

*edit- i just noticed someone pretty much asked this in other wording. sorry. haha. but yeah... i would love to know this!*

painey

I really, really hate the sound of only recieving EXP at the end of missions.. it strikes me as totally idiotic for a "RPG" and also loads of fun in ME1 was seeing the EXP as you killed each person, added stuff to codex, etc... I hope it plays better than it sounds.

i-Lo

Okay, I am confused, they said that the import option becomes available after the first playthrough. So when I play ME2 for the first time, I won't be able to import one of the save games?

Or did I miss-hear?

aryanr said:
Okay, I am confused, they said that the import option becomes available after the first playthrough. So when I play ME2 for the first time, I won't be able to import one of the save games?

Or did I miss-hear?

It only imports game end saves. The end of your first play through will work as long as you beat it.

ezekial45

Banned
aryanr said:

Or did I miss-hear?

The option to import ME2 characters will be available after you finish the game once.

aryanr said:

Or did I miss-hear?

Watch it again, they were talking about the "Import ME2 Character" option, which is basically the New Game+.

The "Import ME1 Character" is avalable from the beginning.

sagat2036

I just got 60 on insanity with my infiltrator and whoever said illos/citadel was about 100k was right on the money. Talkin Saren to shoot himself dinged me 60! I really glad i went back for the 4 krogan at the fork on the tower.

aryanr said:

Or did I miss-hear?

That's for importing a ME2 save game, in other words a new game +.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
the second part of the interview has finally gone live without any streaming issues (sorry about the delay)

Casey Hudson Interview - Part 2

Topics:
- Earth
- Sarren and references to ME 1
- Garrus vs. Liara -- who is more important?
- How long does it take to find out the spokesperson for the Collectors
- was anything left out that should be used for ME3?
- Reply value for a "hardcore" gamer
- Natal or Sony "arc"/"gem"
- Maybe another topic or two.

Part 3 shouldn't go up with all the problems we received today, but no guarantees. Part 3 discusses his favorite party member, alien homeworlds, the elcor joining the team, and a lot more.

WEll, finally footed the bill - ordered ME2 CE (and one for my pal).

Can't wait to play, but my estimated deliver is 26th-1st.. pretty wide range..Hmph! My fault I suppose.

blahness

sagat2036 said:
I just got 60 on insanity with my infiltrator and whoever said illos/citadel was about 100k was right on the money. Talkin Saren to shoot himself dinged me 60! I really glad i went back for the 4 krogan at the fork on the tower.

quick ?, what level did you start out on for this run through? I started my insanity run on lvl 57 and hope i can ding 60 by the time its done

i-Lo

Inferno313 said:
Watch it again, they were talking about the "Import ME2 Character" option, which is basically the New Game+.

The "Import ME1 Character" is avalable from the beginning.

ezekial45 said:
The option to import ME2 characters will be available after you finish the game once.

Ah, I got confused. Thanks for clarification. I am guessing in the end this save will propagate into ME3.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Vamphuntr said:
Caspel are you gonna review ME2 ? I really liked your comments and answers to questions in the Dragon Age thread. Embargo maybe?

Yes, I am the editor and writer assigned to Mass Effect 2 (reasoning behind the week long coverage :D ). I am in possession of the game and I'm sitting behind an embargo as of right now.

Also, good thing I have two Xbox 360s -- my first is now having issues opening up the DVD drive, so I am glad I don't have to rely on that for gaming. I would be going crazy if I couldn't play Mass Effect 2 on a daily basis.

Vamphuntr

Caspel said:
Yes, I am the editor and writer assigned to Mass Effect 2 (reasoning behind the week long coverage :D ). I am in possession of the game and I'm sitting behind an embargo as of right now.

Also, good thing I have two Xbox 360s -- my first is now having issues opening up the DVD drive, so I am glad I don't have to rely on that for gaming. I would be going crazy if I couldn't play Mass Effect 2 on a daily basis.

Awesome. Can't wait to read your impressions. I'm careful with my 360, I'm not putting discs in until I get ME2 :lol .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom