• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT2| The Den Of Xenophiles

leehom

Played the demo on ps3...and bought it for PC because it's cheaper. What is the Cerebus Network? I'm downloading it now...9 gb and half way there.

masterkajo

Cerberus Network is a service you either buy for 1200 MS/Bioware Points or 15$ in PSN or get for free if you buy the game new. After activating it you are entitled to some DLC (for free) which you cannot get any other way. Mostly it is weapons or Armor but also 5 side missions with a vehicle as well as a new squadmate Zaeed.

Jeramii

Banned
i can't find it anywhere.. has anyone confirmed if the load times are faster on the psn version or bluray version?

if so. how much faster?

i'm not worried about space as i have a 500gb hard drive in my ps3.

protonion

Finished the first 2 missions. I'm having a blast!

During the cutscene with the first boss the sound effects played with a delay. Anyone else had this glitch?

leehom

Got the awc.dll error and can't run the PC version :(

I kind of fked up by not installing Adobe Air when I was prompted too....so here's hoping reinstalling it will fix it.

B-Dex

protonion said:
Finished the first 2 missions. I'm having a blast!

During the cutscene with the first boss the sound effects played with a delay. Anyone else had this glitch?

This happened for me as well but all other scenes seem to be fine.

I'm really glad that I'd pretty much missed the hype train entirely on this game - I found out about it, got psyched, and bought it in the space of three days. Awesome.

My chick's neck is too thick though; wish I'd taken a little longer designing her.

Also, I kind of regret choosing Adept - I die too quickly if I just lunge into a firefight. Can any veteran tell me if I get the chance to learn new weapons at some point in the game? Or am I doomed to never use an assault or sniper rifle?

imperium

darkjedi187 said:
Where is the interactive comic for the ps3 version?

I believe its part of the Cerebus Network DLC that you have to download. It will play after you start a new game and watch the opening intro.

>>Also, I kind of regret choosing Adept - I die too quickly if I just lunge into a firefight.
>>Can any veteran tell me if I get the chance to learn new weapons at some point in the
>>game? Or am I doomed to never use an assault or sniper rifle?

yes you can

more specific

a bit before half way into the game you can pick one weapon class

They key thing about adepts is biotic combos - only adepts can do their OWN biotic combos. Use singularity or pull to lift an enemy, then cast Warp on the lifted enemy for a warp explosion and massive damage. You can max warp and have a 7 meter radius explosion!

adepts get more powerful over time, research upgrades give you damage boosts as well as levelling the character

also if you want to get into fights, the sentinel is a hell of a lot more survivable but with less biotic powers than adept. tech armor is amazing. or try the vanguard, very fun class but has a learning curve. Heavy charge is awesome

X-Frame

notjackbauer said:
I'm really glad that I'd pretty much missed the hype train entirely on this game - I found out about it, got psyched, and bought it in the space of three days. Awesome.

My chick's neck is too thick though; wish I'd taken a little longer designing her.

Also, I kind of regret choosing Adept - I die too quickly if I just lunge into a firefight. Can any veteran tell me if I get the chance to learn new weapons at some point in the game? Or am I doomed to never use an assault or sniper rifle?

You can pick Shotguns, AR's, or Snipers about half-way through the game.

And playing as an Adept is all about having teammates that can strip defenses from the enemies so that you can manipulate them and toss them around.

Check out the Mass Effect 2 Wiki page for tips on playing as an Adept.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Adept_Guide_(Mass_Effect_2)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Man... this install is torture! So slow omg.

Can't wait though I'm really excited to play. I also just bought the DC Universe MMO... haha there's no time for all this shit. I'm so failing college this semester.

MrMephistoX

recklessmind said:
Man... this install is torture! So slow omg.

Can't wait though I'm really excited to play. I also just bought the DC Universe MMO... haha there's no time for all this shit. I'm so failing college this semester.

You too? I snagged this and LBP2 and got DC Universe for free at Bestbuy.

Neki

Vanguard is pretty fun, especially with the slow charge. I usually run two people with Overload/Warp so that I can lift from far away, or if they're closer, bum rush them with charge. Hard to get used to the playstyle though, blindly charging has led to many deaths. And wow, on the 2nd highest difficulty, everything has so much extra shields/armor/barrier. Even husks get armor. >_>

Anyone download it on PSN? Friend of mine wants to know if all the DLC missions (Kasumi, Shadow Broker, etc) are included or do they need to be downloaded from the Cerberus Network?

Evolved1

Red Blaster said:
Anyone download it on PSN? Friend of mine wants to know if all the DLC missions (Kasumi, Shadow Broker, etc) are included or do they need to be downloaded from the Cerberus Network?

CN download is about 680 MB... I don't know if that would be all the DLC or what. Seems kinda small for all that DLC.

Edit: The fucking game is still installing so I can't really answer your question... I just realized what you were actually asking.

MrMephistoX said:
You too? I snagged this and LBP2 and got DC Universe for free at Bestbuy.

I bought ME2 on PSN... I prefer all my games to be DD versions. So when I went to Best Buy... I ended up getting that little keyboard attachment instead of two more games.

Pretty dumb move I suspect, but their game selection was limited and I wasn't feeling LBP2 atm.

Patryn

recklessmind said:
CN download is about 680 MB... I don't know if that would be all the DLC or what. Seems kinda small for all that DLC.

The fucking game is still installing so I can't really answer your question... I just realized what you were actually asking.

I bought ME2 on PSN... I prefer all my games to be DD versions. So when I went to Best Buy... I ended up getting that little keyboard attachment instead of two more games.

Pretty dumb move I suspect, but their game selection was limited and I wasn't feeling LBP2 atm.

If it's 680 MB, it's definitely not all the DLC. Shadow Broker is 2 GB by itself.

Evolved1

Patryn said:
If it's 680 MB, it's definitely not all the DLC. Shadow Broker is 2 GB by itself.

So then the initial 12 GB includes the DLC? That's what he was asking.

Subitai

notjackbauer said:

Dude, as adept you're not supposed to shoot much anything except to finish off the last 1%. That's what your squad mates are for, especially Thane and Miranda.

this is a pretty good explanation of how to enjoy warp bomb bliss!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-pdNYasMX8

Evolved1

Hmm... isn't the interactive comic thing supposed to start at the beginning of a new game?

The game already made reference
to the council
... which confuses me because I thought I was going to get to make a choice about that. People who played ME1 will know what I mean.

Also... there's a bunch of DLC on PSN that doesn't come with the game (cosmetic stuff) I find that pretty annoying considering I just paid $60 for a digital copy. They really could have thrown that stuff in there the greedy fuckers. They didn't have to print and ship my disc.

I'm actually pretty fucking annoyed about it. Normally what's $7 but today I went on a gaming spending spree and more $ is not what I wanted to see. Optional content, sure it is... but they should have included it. At least for the DD copies.

recklessmind said:
Hmm... isn't the interactive comic thing supposed to start at the beginning of a new game?

The game already made reference
to the council
... which confuses me because I thought I was going to get to make a choice about that. People who played ME1 will know what I mean.

Also... there's a bunch of DLC on PSN that doesn't come with the game (cosmetic stuff) I find that pretty annoying considering I just paid $60 for a digital copy. They really could have thrown that stuff in there the greedy fuckers. They didn't have to print and ship my disc.

I'm actually pretty fucking annoyed about it. Normally what's $7 but today I went on a gaming spending spree and more $ is not what I wanted to see. Optional content, sure it is... but they should have included it. At least for the DD copies.

What was the reference? No matter what decision you make, it exists in one form or another.

Evolved1

Oh... haha... I was always a good guy and saved everything I happened across, so I actually never knew the repercussions of the renegade decision on that matter... just assumed it'd be gone had I not intervened.

To hear any reference it was still there... I was just surprised.

Found the comic, btw... was worried about that for a min too. :)

Felix Lighter said:
What was the reference? No matter what decision you make, it exists in one form or another.

Here's what's going on -

In the PS3 demo -

The intro with miranda and the illusive man, they make reference to the council dying..

In the final game -

They make reference to the council in the context that they were left alive. You DO get to make that choice in the comic, though.. so the game should continue as though you made the selected choices from ME 1.. it's just the intro scene that is set that one way. If you replaced the council with humans in ME 1 by not saving the original council, the game will reflect that after the intro sequence

Jubs

I downloaded and finished the Shadow Broker DLC for the PC, and I was hoping for some
catty, jealous dialogue/banter between Miranda (who I banged and brought along for the entirety of the mission) and Liara, who I banged in ME1
. Disappointed that nothing came about from that. Also, I was able to
bang Liara after I was done, even after I did the whole romance thing with Miranda. Figured that wasn't possible, since I thought I was locked in with Miranda at that point. Does that mean Liara is back to being my main squeeze, or is it still Miranda?

Patryn

Jubs said:
I downloaded and finished the Shadow Broker DLC for the PC, and I was hoping for some
catty, jealous dialogue/banter between Miranda (who I banged and brought along for the entirety of the mission) and Liara, who I banged in ME1
. Disappointed that nothing came about from that. Also, I was able to
bang Liara after I was done, even after I did the whole romance thing with Miranda. Figured that wasn't possible, since I thought I was locked in with Miranda at that point. Does that mean Liara is back to being my main squeeze, or is it still Miranda?

Did you romance Liara in ME1? If so, check and see if her picture is back to being upright. That's one way to tell.

But if you romanced Miranda, you would have turned it over. Not sure if it turns back up if you reconnect with her.

Jubs

Patryn said:
Did you romance Liara in ME1? If so, check and see if her picture is back to being upright. That's one way to tell.

But if you romanced Miranda, you would have turned it over. Not sure if it turns back up if you reconnect with her.

Yeah, I romanced Liara in ME1. I think the picture is still down, even after re-romancing Liara. The way romances work in ME2 is just wonky, really.

Just letting you guys know ME2 will be 45 at Kmart the week of Jan 30th and also starting now up to 2/12 if you buy ME2 you get a another 59.99 game for 50% off.

Evolved1

I just bought the extra shit on PSN... god what is wrong with me. :(

kai3345

Banned
Ok, PC version here. I've got every graphical setting set to max but for some reason I keep getting this weird (and ugly) choppy bloom around characters. Anyone know how to fix this?

RAQnp.jpg

xKilltheMx said:
Just letting you guys know ME2 will be 45 at Kmart the week of Jan 30th and also starting now up to 2/12 if you buy ME2 you get a another 59.99 game for 50% off.

This definitely interests me, thank you.

Evolved1

First bug/freeze on the PS3 version... right after talking to martin sheen I tried to save the game and it froze. Hopefully didn't kill my save file I'd be so pissed to have all those conversations and boring tutorial shit to do again. Plus I made a fucking hot shepard... took my time... she is nice. Slight improvement over what I can recall from my/her ME1 model.

Decided to go soldier... will play through as an adept with generic male shepard later.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Wow. It took almost 3.5 hours to download the Cerberus network. I want to play the comic as part of my game, and now I'll have to wait until after work tomorrow since I spent all damn night waiting for the stupid comic to download.

....better be worth it.

Been getting back into ME2 today, grabbed the Lair of the Shadow Broker and Kasumi DLC on 360, even though I have the game on both, but hey my 360 playthrough is the one where I romanced Liara... and I do always consider it my main, but the cool thing was I noticed on the Bioware social site that it said that the DLC was for both PC and 360, long story short I called EA customer service and they activated the DLC for me on PC as well, which was pretty sweet. Played through both the Kasumi stuff and LOTSB today great stuff, though if what I have heard is true and you can transfer saves from 360 to PC then it will be PC only for ME3. The game just looks SO much better on PC especially when I force AA, have 8x AF and it still runs better at 1080p. Game looks amazing, and plays better. I know some people need gamepad support, but outside of a few niggles, I prefer mouse and keyboard. Having hotkey access to all of my powers is just too good.

PS EA Customer service is damned competent and friendly, not only did they give me overlord for free, they also tossed in Witch Hunt on PC when overlord wasn't working right for me on 360. Top class.

Naar

I usually don't buy games like this, but word of mouth and the demo especially surprised me.

So I said wth and bought it. I'm glad I did and so far enjoying it.

Adri487

Neo Member
Well, this was supposed to be a PM, but I failed and I don't know how to remove a message in the forum, so I keep this here x_x

Hi! I'd like to buy the game from the Store, because it is not available yet in my country (Spain) and I want to play it asap.

Could you check if the Store version includes subtitles in Spanish? I guess you'll have to change the language of the PS3 system and then, if available, it will show Spanish subtitles.

Thank you!

Evolved1

Adri487 said:
Well, this was supposed to be a PM, but I failed and I don't know how to remove a message in the forum, so I keep this here x_x

Hi! I'd like to buy the game from the Store, because it is not available yet in my country (Spain) and I want to play it asap.

Could you check if the Store version includes subtitles in Spanish? I guess you'll have to change the language of the PS3 system and then, if available, it will show Spanish subtitles.

Thank you!

I'm off to classes atm... but if no one checks for you before I get back (around noon on US East) I will boot it up and take a look.

Interesting.. I downloaded the Cerberus stuff after importing my save and starting a game. I'm at the Citadel talking to Anderson now - do I need to restart to get my stuff or what?

Mr_Zombie

mauaus said:
Where the hell is the comic????? I alredy started my game without it and I never saw it as an option :(

Have you activated your Cerberus Network code? You have to download the comic from the Network.

Top Bottom