• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 CE revealed - Video [Includes Pictures Of Jack And Armored Ashley]

Quick

Banned
I might jump on this. Not really a fan of small art books, but an extra squad member, some of the other in-game bonuses, and that nice steelbook could be worth it.

I own the ME2 CE for PC. It's quite nice, but gathering dust.

Elginer

Damn, I know it has been said dozens of times but holy shit is Vega huge. He's a musclehead and a half. Those space steroids are serious shit.

Lothars

leng jai said:
Every Mass Effect CE has been shithouse. Baffling why they go for so much on Ebay. Must be fanboys just buying them because tthey're collector's item.
They have been pretty cool, I loved the design of both ME1 and ME2 cases and I will be getting but I think they have been worth the money.

scarybore

leng jai said:
Every Mass Effect CE has been shithouse. Baffling why they go for so much on Ebay. Must be fanboys just buying them because tthey're collector's item.

I liked the first one on Xbox, was nice scrolling through the artwork and having an artist commentate over it, giving their thought processes on how they were designing the universe. The DVD that came with ME2 was pure shite though, the videos they put up on the website were better than what we got on the DVD.

No. No! NO!
A soundtrack and an artbook? Crap... Why must I be such a sucker for this junk? Too bad I couldn't care less about the other stuff.

Lifejumper said:
"The team added a beard, scars, and tattoos to make him stand out from the other Alliance marines, notably Ash and Kaidan, who are both very clean-cut."
Having a body shaped like a refrigerator wasn't enough to distinguish them?

I hope that artbook isn't that terrible 3x6 or whatever. Get rid of thag other junk and give me a proper book!

dankir

Yuripaw said:
I don't wanna get the Xbox 360 version simply for the fact that it has that stupid Better with Kinect bull shit on there. NOTHING is "better with kinect".

You don't have to use Kinect...........................

inky

Typographenia said:

No other soldier has "Shepard" tattooed on his butt. (Except for Kaidan maybe, but that was female shep).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Carbonox_Ratchet said:
I see they're keeping Jack as repulsive as ever.

Anyway, this CE, I want it.
I always thought Jack was the hottest one. >.>

Carbonox

thetrin said:
I always thought Jack was the hottest one. >.>

I'd have to wear a stormtrooper's helmet, or something, to find her hot without staring at the rest of her manky body.

Now if I had a few pints? No question.

The face is the only redeeming quality but as a whole, the character is repulsive.

rCIZZLE

I expected this to be pretty expensive and not worth it. $80 for that much extra content in a series I really like is doable.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
CrazyDude said:
It's confirmed to be ME3 music, except for the end. That is Normandy Reborn.

1118013_o.gif

Yuripaw

Banned
dankir said:
You don't have to use Kinect...........................
I know, but it's just a matter of principal, and my hatred for all things Kinect. The marketing and the terminology they use. "better with kinect", that's a load of shit right there, because every game with that is not "better" with it. It's a fucking gimmick. Fuck the Kinect, and stop shoving it down my throat.

leng jai

The artbook they released for Mass Effect was gorgeous and full size. Pretty sure they never did the same for Mass Effect 2

m66w2.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I keep seeing people talking about music, but i dont see any links in this thread. Are they talking about the leaked [this part was deleted by Microsoft]?

Edit : Oh, stupid Gamestop link keep redirecting me to EB games Canada. I see why now.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
leng jai said:
The artbook they released for Mass Effect was gorgeous and full size. Pretty sure they never did the same for Mass Effect 2

I have this book, so good.

They have a new one coming out.

Doodis

I'm in the minority it appears - but I've had my CE pre-ordered for a while now. Soooo glad they're including the soundtrack. I was just thinking the other day that it would be awesome if they included it, but didn't think they would, seeing as people like me who pay for CEs are also willing to pony up money for soundtracks.

Good on you, Bioware.

rozay

Banned
Typographenia said:

I hope that artbook isn't that terrible 3x6 or whatever. Get rid of thag other junk and give me a proper book!
Buy the proper book when it's released in stores later, the artbook in this is the same size as ME2's.

EDIT:man is it possible to hide that picture of jack under a spoiler tag for now? I guess since it's in this video it's considered not a spoiler, but that's something I'd like to see in game.

Also, wonder if the character and mission will just be on the marketplace for people that buy the normal edition and comes included in the collectors. If so (and you were planning on buying the DLC anyway) it'd make sense to get the collectors edition assuming it was $7-10.

Melchiah said:
I hate this. I wish they'd include a physical copy of the OST, with decent covers and booklet.
Well, the industry is moving away from compact discs, and very rarely do LEs come with vinyl.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

leng jai

Melchiah said:
I hate this. I wish they'd include a physical copy of the OST, with decent covers and booklet.

If you're interested in that shit ignore 95% of CEs, its what I do. I've bought several game OSTs as separate releases.

Riposte

MNC said:
BAAAAAAAARF. Sex is great and all but come the fuck on, why give such high priority to this. Fucking bioware.

ME has been a third person shooter dating sim hybrid since day one. You should have known what you were getting yourself into the moment you saw those blue ass-cheeks.

Jarmel

Banned
EatChildren said:
The 'classified' bonus character and mission was confirmed (assuming it hasn't changed) at the retailers press briefing in Australia awhile ago, where the multiplayer was also confirmed (there was a thread about it.

Highlight the spoilers to learn about the character. Heavy spoilers obviously, and I'd advise those on a blackout (and otherwise to avoid);
it's a Prothean squad member.

This was confirmed by Pressley(sp?) to be false. It's now
part of the main story and not DLC according to the recent bout of leaks

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Well, there you go.

Already have the CE preordered for PS3, especially since it wasn't much more than the standard version. Also own the ME2 CE for 360 - love the look of that case.

"Ashley, Kaidan, and Liara were meant to be sexiest women in the galaxy, that only the best players would be able to claim in all three parts of the trilogy. After taking them away from players in Mass Effect 2, they were ready for a hot n' heavy return in Mass Effect 3: Ressurrection. For Ashley's gloriously sexy return to the series, we took away some clothes, and made them skin-tight, because that's awesome and hot. Ashley's breasts first bump into Shepard as an Alliance officer on Earth, so pre-order now for exclusive multiplayer content! But later, blah, blah, blah, EXPLOSIONS. She will don a full set of bad-ass armor that also accentutates her sweater cows. Also, pre-order Mass Effect 3 for exclusive DLC that features more tits and explosions."

Oh, Bioware.

Top Bottom