• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 CE revealed - Video [Includes Pictures Of Jack And Armored Ashley]

Dresden

"dire ramifications" probably means you don't get to bang both tali and liara at the same time, you have to choose.

mxgt

Banned
I remember when they said ME1 choices would affect ME2 when in reality they changed pretty much nothing.

Symphonic

Looking forward to it. I like the art of Ashley a lot better than the in-game model, so we'll see what happens with that.

Fjordson

Don't know if I'm buying this yet, but I do like the Mass Effect CE's. No $120 sku only with some giant statue. $80 with some nice goodies is just fine (especially the soundtrack and artbook).

Jarmel

Banned
New Bioware Pulse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Or0fly8vA0

Some clarification on the CE
New attack:Nova shown
Each class's melee is unique not only in appearance but also fuctionality
Movement seems to be faster compared to 2
New gun, essentially a nail gun is shown
Chain attacks for powers are in
Engineers can hack enemy turrets

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Thanks for the new video link - gonna check it out now.

this is it right here.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1595827684/?tag=neogaf0e-20

They finally put it back up

For those wanting a proper hardcover art book of Me2+3;

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/560/announcing-art-mass-effect-universe

I hope that there is just one art book, and that the cover is the one in the Dark Horse, because I got the first artbook because of my fascination with Me's art & universe and loved it, and that cover gave me the chills before even thinking what's inside of it.

Psi

So is it a safe assumption that the PS3 version will run just like ME2 since they're using the same engine? I'd rather not deal with Origin but the PS3's loading times and audio sync issues are pretty bad and they don't seem to care to patch them.

rozay

Banned
So is it a safe assumption that the PS3 version will run just like ME2 since they're using the same engine? I'd rather not deal with Origin but the PS3's loading times and audio sync issues are pretty bad and they don't seem to care to patch them.
It wasn't exactly the same engine, there were differences in things like lighting that may carry over to ME3 but they could also be improved in the 1-2 years they've been working on this game for. I'm pretty sure all 3 versions of the game have audio issues that were unresolved, and the 360's load times aren't great either. Is the PS3 version significantly worse in that regard?

Psi

It wasn't exactly the same engine, there were differences in things like lighting that may carry over to ME3 but they could also be improved in the 1-2 years they've been working on this game for. I'm pretty sure all 3 versions of the game have audio issues that were unresolved, and the 360's load times aren't great either. Is the PS3 version significantly worse in that regard?

I've played all three versions of ME2, and the PS3 version definitely the worst for bugs and loading times. The audio is consistently out of sync for any kind of action cutscene with gunfire, explosions, etc. and the loading times moving around the Normandy are the worst(it takes ~45-50 seconds to load floors 2 and 3).

I might just break my no Origin rule once for this, but I'll be waiting for a sale in that case.

Edit: Old article but this is what I was talking about with the engine

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6285483.html

"One of the first things you're going to see is improved graphics," said Houston. "We actually created the engine for Mass Effect 3 and then used that to make Mass Effect 2 PS3. We took the content, the story, all the other assets that made Mass Effect 2, and we put it into the Mass Effect 3 engine. That's what we're actually delivering."

rozay

Banned
I've played all three versions of ME2, and the PS3 version definitely the worst for bugs and loading times. The audio is consistently out of sync for any kind of action cutscene with gunfire, explosions, etc. and the loading times moving around the Normandy are the worst(it takes ~45-50 seconds to load floors 2 and 3).

I might just break my no Origin rule once for this, but I'll be waiting for a sale in that case.

Edit: Old article but this is what I was talking about with the engine

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6285483.html
Could be true but I'd say there might be improvements and more attention to detail to these kinds of bugs in the period between ME2's release and ME3's release. Hard to really say why the PS3 problems exist without knowing the budget and development time.

All I can say that it's running on UE3 so the PS3 version is likely going to be the worst of the 3.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
James Vega:

"The idea for James Vega was to create a blue-collar military officer--a heavy-muscled tank of a man. We gave his armor more heft to imply that James is an unstoppable force. The team added a beard, scars, and tattoos to make him stand out from the other Alliance marines, notably Ash and Kaidan, who are both very clean-cut."
Such a sad sentence.

Top Bottom