• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 CE revealed - Video [Includes Pictures Of Jack And Armored Ashley]

Shin0bi

Neo Member
DennisK4 said:
What is the Mass Effect font called?

One of them is called Slider, as someone else already stated.
It's similar, but quite different from the ME3 ones.

The other, which I believe was created, and used, only by Bioware is called Biomass (known from the psd files which include text layers).

Lifejumper said:
From the Bioware forums

Jack:

eRhrP.jpg
NOOOOOOOOO

They gave her hair :-(

:-(

Replicant

The_Technomancer said:
Also I love how the blurb is all about Ashley's redesign. They know that no-one saved Kaidan.

Speak for yourself. Ashley is dead in 2 out of my 3 playthroughs (all completed).

If those annoying broads Ashley and Jack are in this but Miranda and Kasumi are not, there'll be some Hell to pay, Bioware!!

Jarmel

Banned
DeathbyVolcano said:
Has there been any word whether or not Miranda is coming back?

Conflicting reports on this. Bioware says she's in to an unknown extent and the leaked dialogues say she's really not.

Jarmel said:
Conflicting reports on this. Bioware says she's in to an unknown extent and the leaked dialogues say she's really not.

Fuck this shit.

Miranda was my choice as my love interest in ME2 and was an awesome party member.

Jarmel

Banned
DeathbyVolcano said:
Fuck this shit.

Miranda was my choice as my love interest in ME2 and was an awesome party member.

Don't feel too bad. Every love interest except Liara gets the shaft in the drafts. While certain characters get scenes(some don't even get that), it's obvious Liara is canon.

graywolf323

Jarmel said:
Don't feel too bad. Every love interest except Liara gets the shaft in the drafts. While certain characters get scenes(some don't even get that), it's obvious Liara is canon.

given what the canon choices from ME1 were (as shown by starting ME2 without a previous save) I stopped caring about what is canon a long time ago

Bioware's canon for Mass Effect is pretty crappy

Zeliard

"Ashley, Kaidan, and Liara were meant to be love interests throughout all three parts of the trilogy. After taking them away from players in Mass Effect 2, they were ready for a passionate return in Mass Effect 3. For Ashley's appearance in the series, we let her hair down and gave her sex appeal, while keeping her in a uniform that introduced the new Alliance colors. Ashley first bumps into Shepard as an Alliance officer on Earth, so her iconic look is a stylish officer's uniform, but later she will don a full set of armor."

Can't wait for the galactic runway show.

Jarmel

Banned
graywolf323 said:
given what the canon choices from ME1 were (as shown by starting ME2 without a previous save) I stopped caring about what is canon a long time ago

Bioware's canon for Mass Effect is pretty crappy

We'll see however alot of romancers are given the middle finger essentially. I will enjoy the rage come launch day.

Oh wow it's nice seeing a CE that's not over $100 with a bunch of needless stuff that has questionable collector's status. I love steelbooks and special cases but not a huge fan of statues and such. I'll likely pick this up those since it's only $80.

DTKT

Jarmel said:

What.

Is that from the leaked script or just wild speculation? I can't imagine the fallout if they don't even acknowledge that you romanced someone else.

Jarmel

Banned
DTKT said:
What.

Is that from the leaked script or just wild speculation? I can't imagine the fallout if they don't even acknowledge that you romanced someone else.

From leaked script.
Supposedly Miranda romancers get are essentially an email. You interact with Jack more though(currently anyway) so there will almost certainly be a scene with her. Jack actually has some dialogue if you banged her at the bottom of the ship. However I haven't seen anybody comment on if you properly romanced her(Jack). Miranda so far has really nothing in the dialogues.

Pollux

So with the new dude-bro they decided that people don't like playing as Krogan. They want to play as a Human "Krogan"? Bioware just sinks further and further.

zmoney said:
So with the new dude-bro they decided that people don't like playing as Krogan. They want to play as a Human "Krogan"? Bioware just sinks further and further.
We're just not ready to play as a character that has four testicles.

Jarmel

Banned
zmoney said:

They're making a point of not having any characters that could have been killed on your permanent squad. They made exceptions for Garrus and Tali probably because they're such fan favorites. No ME2 exclusive character so far is on the permanent squad. I'm guessing the rest are going to just pop up as temp squad mates.

People are NOT going to like some of the decisions in regards to the permament squad. It's best to accept that and move on.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jarmel said:
They're making a point of not having any characters that could have been killed on your permanent squad. They made exceptions for Garrus and Tali probably because they're such fan favorites. No ME2 exclusive character so far is on the permanent squad. I'm guessing the rest are going to just pop up as temp squad mates.

People are NOT going to like some of the decisions in regards to the permament squad. It's best to accept that and move on.
This just goes to show the folly of ME2's story design and how pointless that story truly ended up being though.

soultron

Banned
Dany M said:
Best part has to be the soundtrack. Can't wait to hear what Clint Mansel can do!
This is the only part I'm really excited about. I think I'll just wait and buy it separately.

I guess the pack-in content is good for MEGA fans of the game, seeing as it's only $80, as opposed to the de-facto $100. Still, limiting exclusive characters/missions? F that noise.

Jarmel

Banned
firehawk12 said:
This just goes to show the folly of ME2's story design and how pointless that story truly ended up being though.

Disagree on this. If the script is close to the final then Walters actually did a decent job on the main narrative for the most part. There are alot of references to ME1 that people didn't think would be that crucial and ME2 as well. I can think of three things off the top of my head from ME2 that are pretty important to the final in ME3 and two things from ME1 that come back. That's of course excluding the choices stuff, I'm talking stuff that is crucial to the narrative.

It's not as bad as that general outline made it seem to be.

Pollux

Jarmel said:

Hey man as long as me and Liara are reunited then I'm cool. Our love spread beyond the stars and now that we're back together again I can't wait to taste her sweet sweat.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jarmel said:
Disagree on this. If the script is close to the final then Walters actually did a decent job on the main narrative for the most part. There are alot of references to ME1 that people didn't think would be that crucial and ME2 as well.

It's not as bad as that general outline made it seem to be.
I just want to know if there was an actual point to the fact that anyone on your crew could die? Ignoring the fact that the hardcore player would probably want to save everyone on the team anyway, in the end they took the easy way out and rather than try to design a game that is truly custom to each player's experience, they chose to minimize the appearance of all the ME2 characters in order to avoid the problem altogether.

It's also probably why they choose the canon choices that they do after all.

Massa said:
Are we openly discussing the leaked story details for ME3 now?
Eh, it's a concern I had at the end of ME2 given the characters that did not appear in that game, but yeah, there's no point in having the discussion here.

Jarmel

Banned
Massa said:
Are we openly discussing the leaked story details for ME3 now?

Honestly I don't know. Somebody asked this in the Microsoft C&D thread and nobody really responded with a concrete answer. I mean there is a group on Bioware's forums that is openly discussing it.

firehawk12 said:
I just want to know if there was an actual point to the fact that anyone on your crew could die? Ignoring the fact that the hardcore player would probably want to save everyone on the team anyway, in the end they took the easy way out and rather than try to design a game that is truly custom to each player's experience, they chose to minimize the appearance of all the ME2 characters in order to avoid the problem altogether.

Well some characters apparently don't appear if dead and so that changes some stuff around(but this has been well known for awhile). They do somewhat punish you if your entire crew is alive, kinda anyway. They did minimalize the whole "crew is dead" aspect and it isn't that important to the narrative. In hindsight it was probably a very stupid call of them as it does reduce how important the ME2 characters can be. There are two characters from the ME2 squad that seem to be *crucial* to a good chunk of the game but I'm not going to discuss it. Another couple do appear and do help but it's more of a side note.

edit:Now that I think about it, only two from the ME2 squad really are relegated to a near non-existance and that could easily change before launch.

DTKT

firehawk12 said:

Eh, it's a concern I had at the end of ME2 given the characters that did not appear in that game, but yeah, there's no point in having the discussion here.

For what's it's worth. The PR blurb after the leak said that the script didn't include branching storylines.

*one can hope*

Jarmel

Banned
DTKT said:
For what's it's worth. The PR blurb after the leak said that the script didn't include branching storylines.

*one can hope*

The dialogue did contain some of the branches. Don't get your hopes up.

delirium

Anyone feel like the original ME1 art design/style is vastly superior to ME2 and ME3? I like the nice curves and armor that was designed for the first game. The 2nd game bulked up a lot of people and added a lot of "grit" to a lot of the designs while the first game featured really clean designs.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
a Master Ninja said:
I suppose they'll be no other way to get the game content, eh? That's all I'm interested in.

I'm expecting the CE content to end up for sale at some point. I didn't buy all those Bioware points for nothing, dammit.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
CrazyDude said:
Her face is the best looking one.
She also has a ton of tattoos, and I have a thing for tattoos.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
DTKT said:

*one can hope*
Yeah... this is BioWare though. :(

Jarmel said:
Well some characters apparently don't appear if dead and so that changes some stuff around(but this has been well known for awhile). They do somewhat punish you if your entire crew is alive, kinda anyway. They did minimalize the whole "crew is dead" aspect and it isn't that important to the narrative. In hindsight it was probably a very stupid call of them as it does reduce how important the ME2 characters can be. There are two characters from the ME2 squad that seem to be *crucial* to a good chunk of the game but I'm not going to discuss it. Another couple do appear and do help but it's more of a side note.

edit:Now that I think about it, only two from the ME2 squad really are relegated to a near non-existance and that could easily change before launch.
Eh, we're starting to verge on ME3 spoilers, so let's just save it for March I suppose. :lol

Jarmel

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Eh, we're starting to verge on ME3 spoilers, so let's just save it for March I suppose. :lol

It really sucks I can't discuss some of this stuff in detail. BSN is a horrible horrible place if you want to have serious discussions about plot details and not just who romances who and whether somebody's favorite character gets enough screentime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jarmel said:
It really sucks I can't discuss some of this stuff in detail. BSN is a horrible horrible place if you want to have serious discussions about plot details and not just who romances who and whether somebody's favorite character gets enough screentime.
Hey, let's talk about what Tali's sweat smells/tastes like instead!

rozay

Banned
Jarmel, based on the data from the beta, who are the worst 2 people to keep alive in the suicide mission? (as in not important at all to the plot or missions in ME3) I want to make a run where everyone dies except for 2 people.

Jarmel

Banned
rozay said:
Jarmel, based on the data from the beta, who are the worst 2 people to keep alive in the suicide mission? (as in not important at all to the plot or missions in ME3) I want to make a run where everyone dies except for 2 people.

Considering nobody except Bioware has any idea how old the dialogues are, anything I say could easily be wrong and I don't want to be responsible for wasting your time. I'll still PM you the two that seem to be the least important however be aware.

Jarmel

Banned
Some new minor stuff.

New interview with Hudson:
http://www.360magazine.co.uk/interview/mass-effect-3-dev-defends-inclusion-of-multiplayer/
---
Short interview with Walters confirming a Citadel return and side quests there.
http://www.oxm.co.uk/36571/mass-effect-3-to-feature-canned-mass-effect-2-citadel-mission/
-----
Minor article but has comments by developers
http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/Feature/281434,mass-effect-3-and-the-future-of-rpgs.aspx/3
-----
https://twitter.com/#!/CaseyDHudson/status/142110700662296576
@CaseyDHudson Casey, will female Shepard have her own animation rig in #ME3 (unlike in #ME2)? Or are the animations shared (I hope not!)?

@FieryPhoenix7 Animators have been working on specific differences for female player character animations. Subtle, but it really helps.
----
https://twitter.com/#!/CaseyDHudson/status/142108561219129345
@CaseyDHudson @masseffect seems trailers are about combat. Worried story might be sacrificed for CoD crowd? Please say I'm wrong.

@MPMonroe88 @masseffect Nah, combat's just easier to show and is spoiler free. The story is the series' best so far - we'll show more soon.
-----
RayleneRDeck
Had @PWatamaniuk review my level. "I actually don't mind if that fight is that hard." #success

PWatamaniuk
@RayleneRDeck Let's just say the use of the word Atrium on #ME3 is often proceeded with "How many times did you die in the".

RayleneRDeck
@PWatamaniuk I like to refer to the Atrium fight as the successor of my #ME2 Horizon end fight.

PatrickWeekes
@RayleneRDeck @pwatamaniuk hey, Ray, could the Atrium handle you adding some phantoms? Just putting it out there.

RayleneRDeck
@PatrickWeekes @pwatamaniuk I foresee no problems with that. In addition, a couple more Atlases would liven up the level.

PatrickWeekes
@RayleneRDeck @pwatamaniuk also if you want I can come up with a plausible writing reason for some banshees to be there.
----
http://twitter.com/#!/CaseyDHudson/status/142108959396995072
"'The decisions you make in ME2/1 could have dire ramifications in ME3' Remember that, You've put this in ME2's loadings."

"Yep, it's true - we saw proof of it in today's playthrough."
------
Possible Vega VA identified(most likely face capture but not VA)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839558/fullcredits#cast

Jamal Kazak
-------
Minor change about the movie, mainly it will follow Commander Shepard.

http://sciencefiction.com/2011/11/25/legendary-pictures-revises-mass-effect-movie-information/

----

Also for the handful of South Africans who might be interested in the game, EA will now allow you to preorder the CE.

Top Bottom