• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Comic-Con Announcement: Canon Female Shepard Appearance Vote

Takuan said:
Natalie Portman, obviously. Runner up would be 3.

It's of no surprise that the blonde-haired, blue-eyed Shep is the most popular, though.

Hey now, she has to make sure her golden, flowing locks look their best if she's expected to fight Reapers. I wonder if there'll be a shoe shopping side-quest on the Citadel with Ashley and Miranda.

stupei

1 looks the most like my Shepard and so she is the closest to best Shepard.

TruePrime said:
The whole point is they are actually going to do more with Fem Shep before the release of ME3 unlike 1 and 2 and this is to decide which version of her is in that marketing and probably on the CE box.

Did they actually state this or is it just hopeful conjecture?

Lunar15

At first I thought 5 was the best choice, but then I realized that 3 didn't have short hair like the first two. She actually has a pony-tail, but it's hard to see. I don't like the pixie cut nonsense, but a pony tail looks like the appropriate amount of seriousness.

I think people choose 5 because they assume that the top 3 all have short, manly hair.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
universalmind said:
#4 looks so fucking stupid. Rhiannon 2 save da worldd

I bet there are people who hate Vega for being a generic cliche yet love #4 lolol

#4 is cliche? really? whatever

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Bioware can make a good character design when their marketing goals correlate with that.

AusQB

Definitely number 4, unless 2 or 3 has a pony tail.

Not number 6. Marsellus Wallace would probably throw me off a roof.

Jackl

#5 Messy shep for me.

4&6 look too phony for my taste. "I'm saving the world from cyborg super machines and to keep my hair super-shiny I use Pantene Pro-V™ Shampoo!"

1-3 while more realistic are missing the WOW factor.

Takuan

Jackl said:
#5 Messy shep for me.

4&6 look too phony for my taste. "I'm saving the world from cyborg super machines and to keep my hair super-shiny I use Pantene Pro-V™ Shampoo!"

1-3 while more realistic are missing the WOW factor.
#5 looks like she just stepped out of the shower and is DTF.

zugzug

Do not like any of those pictures, the shoulders the way she is jutting around horrible. Dial me back in time to fem shep from first game. Way to aggressive a stance here.

FemShep #4 all the way. If there is going to have a default then I want it to be the most different than both prior games. However, I do realize that in the end I could make my own version of FemShep #4 in the full game.

hiro4

#2 or #5 for me.
Better yet hairstyle of number 5 with the color of number 2 is perfect.

If that is the case perhaps I'll retire my first femshep.

Mr_Zombie

#5 for me, but only because she's the least ugly :/
Don't they have any good looking women at BioWare that know how make-up works? Why all those FemSheps have such a heavy "badass" eyeliners?

I also like #1 hairstyle, but dislike her high forehead.

2PQ2i.jpg

The only one for me
except with red hair, but this is the coolest pic of default femshep I could find.

Takuan

Mr_Zombie said:
#5 for me, but only because she's the least ugly :/
Don't they have any good looking women at BioWare that know how make-up works? Why all those FemSheps have such a heavy "badass" eyeliners?

I also like #1 hairstyle, but dislike her high forehead.
They all have high foreheads, certain hairstyles just hide it.

AusQB

To clarify, I was voting simply based on hairstyle. In the end it doesn't really matter to me as long as they are all choices. I have never played as the default Shepard, male or female.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
None of these fem sheps seem to go with the hair that everybody picks.

9l2v8.jpg

I mean 90% of fem sheps are basically this but with different hair colors, and even then I think red is the favorite. Why isn't this Shepard on the list?

Wallach

ZealousD said:
I mean 90% of fem sheps are basically this but with different hair colors, and even then I think red is the favorite. Why isn't this Shepard on the list?

I think a lot of people wind up with a female Shepard that looks like that because they're all so goddamn ugly people give up trying to use that character creator to make something that looks like a human.

Takuan

Some of you guys are nuts. I don't see how you can find a few of them appealing and call the others ugly when they all look so similar outside of skin tone and hairstyle (6 being the one exception - her nose stands out as unique).

They all have perfect symmetry, high cheekbones, straight noses, and the same damned eyes.

Wallach said:
I think a lot of people wind up with a female Shepard that looks like that because they're all so goddamn ugly people give up trying to use that character creator to make something that looks like a human.

Not to mention the excess of settings that appear to make no difference to the face during the creation screen, but then you get into the game and see it in certain lighting and you realize that their cheekbones are ludicrously concave or some shit and it looks utterly hideous.

Default maleshep for life.

Jarmel said:

Try dark hair now. Like a dark brown or black or something.

Jarmel

Banned
Takuan said:
Some of you guys are nuts. I don't see how you can find a few of them appealing and call the others ugly when they all look so similar outside of skin tone and hairstyle (6 being the one exception - her nose stands out as unique).

They all have perfect symmetry, high cheekbones, straight noses, and the same damned eyes.

You humans are all racists.

jackdoe

Wallach said:
Haha. Nearly every single custom fem Shep that people post on the internet pretty much looks the same to me outside of hair style. That's why I roll with default male Shep all the time as Bioware's character creator has no hand in its creation (they just pay for the use of the model's face). This may be the case here as well (Bioware could surely scrounge up the cash to pay for the use of a likeness for the female default).

GorillaJu

One of the things that bothered me about femShep was that despite her voice acting being of the highest quality, the story didn't seem written to accommodate a female lead. If they are indeed pushing forward more seriously with a canon femShep, then I'd love to give it a shot as default female in ME3 for my first play-through.

You can clearly see that their best efforts were saved for default male Shepard when you compare how well-crafted and high quality the man's face is in comparison to the default female, which looks exactly like what it is - a person created using a face generator in a PC game.

So, just hopping into this thread...What the hell is up with those FemShep options? None of them look like the default FemShep in ME1 or ME2, which is somewhat similar to what I made. Not really digging any of them too much, but I'd prefer any in the bottom row over the first row (as posted in this thread).

ampere

3 and 5 look good, the one I would prefer would be 3's skin and hair color with 5's hair style.

I'll be playing male Shepard, but it's cool that BioWare is having this vote for the 'official' female Shepard.

Jarmel

Banned
Also guy notes from the demo that while global cooldowns are indeed back, there is now an ability called Overpower which you can you could evolve the ability so that the first ability used won't start a global cooldown.

Jarmel said:
I'm just ripping these off of Bioware Social

http://i55.tinypic.com/35c3psn.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

It looks like they also darkened her skin tone a little bit there, but it's still an improvement imo. Whatever though, I'll be importing my two main Shepards for ME3, both default for their respective gender.

Mithos

Female Shep #3 or #5. Probably #5 but with red hair. And stop using facebook when you want people to vote, not everyone use that crap.

GorillaJu

Mithos said:
Female Shep #3 or #5. Probably #5 but with red hair. And stop using facebook when you want people to vote, not everyone use that crap.

Doubt they're using FB to get the best sample/result. They're using it to get friends for their FB page which helps promote the game.

Top Bottom