• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Comic-Con Announcement: Canon Female Shepard Appearance Vote

Ellis Kim

Banned
Gouda Jouji said:
2PQ2i.jpg

The only one for me
except with red hair, but this is the coolest pic of default femshep I could find.
I'd be a-okay with them just using default red haired Femshep, but nooooo.

My femshep looks like that, but different eyebrows and not so huge nostrils

I'd totally vote for that.

Snuggler said:
I don't mind them tweaking her face a bit since she looked a little funny at times in ME1, but yeah, sexing her up like that is so unnecessary. I'd love to see Bioware try to explain why she started to let her hair down and go heavy with the make up. Oh, and is that a skirt on her armor?

geez

Sexing her up??? What? She looks fine. Her hair down is a nice change for Mass Effect. She imo is no more sexed up then the men. I can maybe see if she was wearing a metal bikini or something lol.

TheYanger

Kurtofan said:
I want to vote for the worst, to piss off Femshep fans :D

You realize NO femshep fans are actually going to play as a 'canon default' version right? we're all attached to our old ones :p This is for retards who can't figure out they can even play as a woman because they don't like to create characters.

Whoever said the 'pretty' one is winning...I don't really see that. I think 5 is the best, but it's not 'pretty' it's just blonde, otherwise it's unkempt and scraggly looking, like a badass action hero should be.

Walshicus

Number 5 is clearly best, but needs to be red rather than blonde. Thankfully most of the comments on Facebook are saying the same thing.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Sir Fragula said:
Number 5 is clearly best, but needs to be red rather than blonde. Thankfully most of the comments on Facebook are saying the same thing.

I agree

1311499357944.jpg

I know what I'll be doing when I go to customize on the default fem Shepard!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Young ,pretty and baby faced super models but they are not Shepard the savoir of the galaxy.

From ME1 and ME2 I think Female Shepard should be charismatic average looking and not "hot" experienced and older -mid to late 30s- woman, think Sigourney Weaver in Alien Resurrection.

These girls don't give me the "badass leader that can save the galaxy with one gun and cheat on Liara while destroying huge alien terminators at the same time"" look, but more like a noob members at Victoria's secret getting ready for a cosplay party.

Orcastar

Femshep will always be a redhead for me, so number 2 it is. Kinda dissappointing but also predictable that number 5 is winning...

Sennorin

Banned
MaddenNFL64 said:
Maybe, on the side. Like shoot 1 bad guy. But be careful!

Nah, weapons are too dangerous for her. More like read his emails for him and such. Maybe gather some intel on upcoming missions, too.

Acidote

jgminto said:
This is going to be on the cover right?

As long as no Shepard is on the inevitable collectors edition, I don't care whether any Shepard is on the normal edition cover or not.

Acidote said:
As long as no Shepard is on the inevitable collectors edition, I don't care whether any Shepard is on the normal edition cover or not.
The collector's edition will have both BroShep and FemShep on its cover.

amdnv

bengraven said:
Why can't they just use this Femshep? The face has character, the red hair suits perfectly, and she doesn't look like a Brazilian (or Swedish) model in a Sci-Fi costume.
She looks believable, which has always been (along with the excellent voice acting) the reason for my finding her so appealing in this epic storyline, unlike the walking talking stereotype on the right.

MaddenNFL64

She looks straight out of character creation. I think you femshep fans should be happy about all this. Hale is gonna get some marketing love for once.

Wallach

She looks like a slightly defective mannequin, as does most every other generic NPC in Mass Effect created with the character creation system.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Just realised that it doesn't matter which one wins, surely they'll have the other ones in the game as pre-sets? I mean it doesn't matter what face is on the cover.

I think I don't like any of them particularly much.

But the red-hair changed Shep 5 is my favorite so far.

I'm not going to vote on Facebook because I don't like them really at all.

I don't mind this default female face - the Mass Effect female face builder hasn't been incredible capable thus far, but if this a starting point? Then that's good.

I think I don't mind Shep 3 either. But Shep 4? C'mon...

Walshicus

Easy_D said:
Just realised that it doesn't matter which one wins, surely they'll have the other ones in the game as pre-sets? I mean it doesn't matter what face is on the cover.
Speaking of which, I've said it before but someone needs to photoshop a few Femshep versions of the ME1 and ME2 covers.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
My female Shepard looked like #4, but in the end it really doesn't matter who's going to be on the cover of my CE, because just like the last two ME's, it didn't matter how he looked, my Shepard was totally different, and for everyone else who decided to go custom as well.

universalmind said:
#4 looks so fucking stupid. Rhiannon 2 save da worldd

I bet there are people who hate Vega for being a generic cliche yet love #4 lolol

There's a blonde, blue-eyed Shepard standing tall over all of the other votes, yet this guy is calling a Shepard who looks like ONE person cliche. What a miss-match of opinions from one guy.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'd go with 1, she looks like she's up to the job. 6 is a distant second. 5 looks like the model who'll be starring the movie based on 1's exploits.

2 & 3 look like second rate knockoffs of 1, they're inoffensive but similar, so we might as well go with 1.

Ledsen said:
It's sexy as fuck. Also more unique than boring "just-out-of-bed" blondie. Vote 6 guys come on!

Its an original hair we havent seen in the game, its longer, and doesnt seem full of jaggies o shitty texture cuts like the blonde one.

It also looks good!

EDIT: Red hair 5 doesnt look that bad.

Replicant

Dr Eggman said:
Male Shep is so hot.
I agree if we're talking about the CG model. But the in-game model always has this perpetual 'deer caught in a headlight' look mixed with 'braindead-Bro' stare. On top of that he looks creepy at times. My custom looks far more intelligent and charming than that oaf.

jgminto

Sir Fragula said:
http://stevewalsh2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/MEFem.png[img]

Yeah, my photoshopping sucks.[/QUOTE]
Not bad but I doubt any of them are going to suit the older covers. They seem too serious.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
xVBOa.gif

Same face just with different eyeliner size and hairstyles, smh.. fucking lazy job from Bioware's designers.

Also #3 has just bigger face and #4 has bigger nose.

MaddenNFL64

Totobeni said:
xVBOa.gif

Same face just with different eyeliner size and hairstyles, smh.. fucking lazy job from Bioware's designers.

Also #6 has just bigger face and #4 has bigger nose.

More likely they had the template, just wanted people to choose the aesthetics around it.

Top Bottom