• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

I encountered my first Gold freeloader last night. Really weird experience, too. The guy was playing a Salarian Infiltrator and just ducked behind cover for 90% of the match. Then, on Wave 10, he miraculously came alive to do the 4 beacon objective, knowing he was the only one that could successfully do it.

I couldn't help but think if he was paying attention enough to do the last hacking objective, why the fuck didn't he just, oh, I dunno, play! We would have finished the round 5-10 minutes quicker if he actually helped us out! *facepalm* :D

Best part? At the end of the match, everyone went to kick him, and he had the nerve to try to kick the host. LOL!

Nert

I agree that the job they did with the sound effects is pretty good. I never get tired of hearing biotic explosions.

I suppose that this applies to almost any multiplayer shooter, but I wish that there was more personality in the audio along the lines of those explosions. The complete lack of music for most of the waves makes it feel less Mass-Effecty, and the generic announcer voice grows stale quickly. Why not have a handful of announcers, including other races, that the game can cycle through? It's not like they'd have to record more than a couple of dozen of lines each.

Nitpicky stuff, I know, but little touches like this can really improve a game for me.

Mindlog

I suppose that this applies to almost any multiplayer shooter, but I wish that there was more personality in the audio along the lines of those explosions. The complete lack of music for most of the waves makes it feel less Mass-Effecty, and the generic announcer voice grows stale quickly. Why not have a handful of announcers, including other races, that the game can cycle through? It's not like they'd have to record more than a couple of dozen of lines each.

Nitpicky stuff, I know, but little touches like this can really improve a game for me.
I had a bug where the single player stage music played during a multiplayer map. It loses its charm very quickly.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I can't hit shit with Krogan. He headbutts wrong things like walls and barriers. And when he misses he can't roll somewhere far away in timely fashion.

see5harp

Had anyone else had any hard locks during multiplayer matches? 360 here if that makes any difference.

I was in a silver match on saturday on the last damn wave and the host hard locked (he was nice enough to send a message after the game to apologize). I've hard locked a few times during the campaign but never in multiplayer. If you are going to do P2P at least enable host switching on the fly like Halo. Sure it sucks when you're in the middle of a competitive match, but it surely beats losing 20K credits or the last bit of exp you need to hit level 20.

no angel

I was in a silver match on saturday on the last damn wave and the host hard locked (he was nice enough to send a message after the game to apologize). I've hard locked a few times during the campaign but never in multiplayer. If you are going to do P2P at least enable host switching on the fly like Halo. Sure it sucks when you're in the middle of a competitive match, but it surely beats losing 20K credits or the last bit of exp you need to hit level 20.

Oh well not just me then at least. I was part of a team that hit wave 9 when everyone but me died. Managed to clear house apart from one enemy I couldn't see, but could hear fine (the reactor level). Found a glitched out engineer who'd only take damage from my energy drain, killed him after about 5 minutes only to find another glitched enemy who wouldn't take any damage at all. I had to leave the match and forfeit all my xp and cash just so everyone else could get something out of it. Irritating.

see5harp

Oh well not just me then at least. I was part of a team that hit wave 9 when everyone but me died. Managed to clear house apart from one enemy I couldn't see, but could hear fine (the reactor level). Found a glitched out engineer who'd only take damage from my energy drain, killed him after about 5 minutes only to find another glitched enemy who wouldn't take any damage at all. I had to leave the match and forfeit all my xp and cash just so everyone else could get something out of it. Irritating.

That happened to me once where the enemies were all seemingly dead but the wave wouldn't restart. After running around for a few minutes I found a single enemy glitched in mid air. I killed him and thankfully he was the last enemy and the waves started back up. I love the mechanics of random packs of cards and the multitude of race/class/spec but the smoothness of mechanics, lag and gameplay experience compared to Gears 3 horde mode is pretty lackluster. It did take Epic 3 games to figure everything out so hopefully Bioware can do something really great next go around.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Wait, are we getting two packs for the weekend thing? I got a victory pack and it sucked ass. Just five random equipment things.

see5harp

Wait, are we getting two packs for the weekend thing? I got a victory pack and it sucked ass. Just five random equipment things.

You are supposed to get a special Commendation pack if you promoted 2 level 20's to N7. The Victory pack should be given to everyone.

Everyone gets the Victory pack. If you promoted 2 characters last weekend, then you'll also get the Commendation pack, but it may not show up at the same time as the Victory pack.

Last time, I had good luck with my Victory pack. I think it gave me an uncommon and it gave me a rare (upgrade to Carnifex II). Hopefully they didn't change the possible contents.

Ji66a-Man

MP Balance Changes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 3, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tech Armor Power
- Base cooldown decreased from 8 to 6 seconds
- Base encumbrance penalty decreased from 80% to 60%
- Base detonation force increased from 750 to 1000

Fortification Power
- Base encumbrance penalty decreased from 60% to 50%

Frag Grenade Power
- Increased base damage from 600 to 650
- Evolution 5 armor damage bonus increased from 50% to 65%
- Evolution 6 shield damage bonus increased from 50% to 65%

Concussive Shot Power
- Increased base damage from 100 to 150

Tech Burst Power Combo
- Damage increased from [75-200] to [100-250]

Fire Explosion Power Combo
- Damage increased from [100-250] to [150-375]
- Damage-over-time duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds

Drell Vanguard
- Starting encumbrance capacity increased from 45% to 60%

Human Male/Female Soldier (including Battlefield 3 kit)
- Starting encumbrance capacity increased from 30% to 45%

Turian Soldier
- Starting encumbrance capacity increased from 40% to 55%

Reset Powers Card
- Will no longer drop for you if you have 3 or more of them already

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Concussive Shot Power
- Increased base damage from 100 to 150

Drell Vanguard
- Starting encumbrance capacity increased from 45% to 60%

Human Male/Female Soldier (including Battlefield 3 kit)
- Starting encumbrance capacity increased from 30% to 45%

Turian Soldier
- Starting encumbrance capacity increased from 40% to 55%

Reset Powers Card
- Will no longer drop for you if you have 3 or more of them already

Nice, very nice indeed. Turian Soldiers represent.

exYle

I'm glad that the trend is toward buffing, rather than nerfing. Given that the MP is already pretty hard and is co-operative, rather than versus, nerfing powerful classes/weapons is silly.

I keep getting a stupid glitch. It makes it so i cant top up ammo or use 2/3 of my powers. Its really annoying. I also cant revive people. Basically, i have to walk around melee'ing people because nothing else works. Has happened about 5x to me now.

Also - i need better guns. I saw someone using an asari adept with a black widow - he would stasis then one shot headkill everyone. i played two REALLY good multi matches today on XBL - the whole team mechanic was excellent bar from my glitch.

Im going back to Human Vanguard tho... Half Blast x 2, bumrush - repeat. awesome.

Cat Party

This is a buff for the soldier class, right? It was needed. Soldiers should be the ones to carry the big weapons, since their powers are not as potent.

Top Bottom