• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Moaradin

It's good they buffed Sentinel Armor, but it's still pretty worthless. Turian Sentinel might just be the worse class in the game since their core ability sucks and they have no roll type ability.

Hopefully they will find a nice balance soon.

Joba62x

Neo Member
Hrm. For me the Victory pack was just a bunch of equipment.

Me too.

5x Medi-Gel,Cobra,Clip and Survival Packs

Sniper Rail Amp II
SMG Rail Amp III

In hopes of the return of premium veteran packs I saved up all yesterday and can get now get 4 of the new spectre packs!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's good they buffed Sentinel Armor, but it's still pretty worthless. Turian Sentinel might just be the worse class in the game since their core ability sucks and they have no roll type ability.

Hopefully they will find a nice balance soon.

That honor belongs to the Turian Soldier. The Turian Sentinel has Overload at least.

Turian Sentinel might just be the worse class in the game since their core ability sucks and they have no roll type ability.

1) Chain Overload does not suck, and it is the Turian Sentinel's best ability.

2) They have no roll, but they start with 50% more shields than a Human, so there is at least some compensation for the loss of that ability.

3) Turian Soldier sucks much harder.

eek5

Opened 7 premium spectre packs..

pack01.jpg
pack02.jpg

So many character cards. I have all chars/appearances unlocked already ಠ_ಠ

Can you buy the new Premium Spectre pack with Microsoft points? Is it preposterously expensive?

240 msp

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait for all the "waaaah hurricane II" posts to start cropping up.

Gogo Valiant II.

Got another Spectre weapon today and tried it out for a round of two but I can't decide whether it's worth it or not. It's a Talon, very weird little gun.

rozay

Banned
Gogo Valiant II.

Got another Spectre weapon today and tried it out for a round of two but I can't decide whether it's worth it or not. It's a Talon, very weird little gun.
It doesn't seem to be a very versatile gun in MP, the paladin bests it in almost every way and the carnifex is more balanced.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It doesn't seem to be a very versatile gun in MP, the paladin bests it in almost every way and the carnifex is more balanced.

Seemed much more range dependent than the guns I'm used to.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I got a victory pack, but where's the commendation one? Why not giving both at the same time? :(

Dreaver

I am currently rocking a human infiltrator with a Widow sniper (+15% damage mod). I was wondering, besides the cloack power what would be better to max out: Cryo Ammo or Sticky grenade, or both?

Also, does everyone sent their 20's to the war? Or do you guys keep playing them for fun?

Maxed out one character by the way, a human vanguard, I really enjoyed the class but I resetted it.

Cat Party

So when you guys do Overload, do you pick chain overload both times (I think it is on levels 4 and 6)? I pick chain overload for the first, but I just can't turn down doing double damage to shields/barriers for taking on Atlas, Banshees, Phantoms, and Primes. Am I making a mistake?

X-Frame

Damn eek, Claymore X?! Congrats on the Saber though.

My last rare gun to unlock is the Gral and I can't wait for that.

Also, Eric Fagnan regarding Tech Burst buff compared to Biotic Explosions now:

They now have the same damage as biotic detonations but a larger impact radius.

Interesting. But do they stagger?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I can never tell when im actually tech bursting. Regardless, biotics are still better cause of the vanguard/adept train.

So when you guys do Overload, do you pick chain overload both times (I think it is on levels 4 and 6)? I pick chain overload for the first, but I just can't turn down doing double damage to shields/barriers for taking on Atlas, Banshees, Phantoms, and Primes. Am I making a mistake?

I do both Chain Overload options on the tree. The Level 6 one also gives you a 15% damage boost to the power in addition to hitting an additional target. I feel like the power does well enough on shields/barriers as it is, so the double damage option, while nice, isn't necessary. I'd rather be able to control crowds more effectively.

But I also don't play Gold regularly. On that difficulty, the double damage bonus may be more important.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Goddamn melee Krogan Sentinel is freaking insane on Bronze.

There's something just so satisfying about headbutting a phantom into the ground. Hate those things.

X-Frame

My Victory Pack was:

+5 Rockets
+5 Medi
+5 Ops or Thermals, I forget
Level 1 Disruptor Ammo
Level 3 Adrenaline Module

REALLY?

Basically an Equipment pack. I have 120+ rockets and 100 Medigel and over 200 of the other 2. I don't need more equipment. Lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Everyone's Victory pack was ass.

Though I got a widow in my first Premium Spectre pack so that's cool. (Along with a Claymore III lol).

Mrbob

My Victory Pack was:

+5 Rockets
+5 Medi
+5 Ops or Thermals, I forget
Level 1 Disruptor Ammo
Level 3 Adrenaline Module

REALLY?

Lol, good thing you promoted a level 20 character or you wouldn't get these awesome items otherwise! Expectations lowered for when I get home and see what I "won".

X-Frame

Currently I've been hoarding Veteran packs to max my Uncommon weapons/items which has been going very well but because the Premium Spectre's seem like a great deal, especially to get an Ultra-Rare, I will buy them only for the next week.

Really hoping for a Saber or a Paladin.

Cobra84

Everyone's Victory pack was ass.
That may be a huge understatement. I got a level one consumable and 4 supply packs. What the hell am I going to do with 220 Ops Survival packs? I have 150 missiles and 80 medi-gel and I actually use them.

So the Victory pack blows. Oh well, the commendation pack is where it's at (I hope).
I'm guessing it will be Hurricane II, Eagle II, or Hurricane I/Eagle I time for a lot of people.

An-Det

5 Thermal Clip Packs
5 Medigel
7 Cobra missile launchers
5 ops survival packs
Level 1sniper rifle rail amp

Oh boy!

The premium spectre pack looks sweet. Need to get my engineer back up to level 20 before I can start farming those. Any word on when they will end?

5 Thermal Clip Packs
5 Medigel
7 Cobra missile launchers
5 ops survival packs
Level 1sniper rifle rail amp

Oh boy!

The premium spectre pack looks sweet. Need to get my engineer back up to level 20 before I can start farming those. Any word on when they will end?

They used to have a timer that indicated when they ended (not sure why they took it down), but judging from the past couple of weeks, they last until the following Tuesday.

Mrbob

Kind of sucks Bioware put the premium spectre pack out this week after we promoted level 20 characters. Gold games are the best way to make money fast, and you really need a higher level character to do so.

Alucrid

Banned
Kind of sucks Bioware put the premium spectre pack out this week after we promoted level 20 characters. Gold games are the best way to make money fast, and you really need a higher level character to do so.

All my characters were level 20 at the time sooo :|

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GAF, how to spec human engineer? Incinerate and Overload are obvious, what to do with the other three? Max out drone for rockets too?

RS4-

Wow got useless items in the prize pack; gels, missiles, shotgun and sniper amps.

The new special pack, got an arc and some other useless shotgun. Horrible.

eek5

GAF, how to spec human engineer? Incinerate and Overload are obvious, what to do with the other three? Max out drone for rockets too?

I respeced and skipped drone completely. I mainly play a support role and spam chain overload and then incinerate occasionally to do DoT/kill armored units

exYle

That may be a huge understatement. I got a level one consumable and 4 supply packs. What the hell am I going to do with 220 Ops Survival packs? I have 150 missiles and 80 medi-gel and I actually use them.
Use them?
They're quite useful in a pinch. If timed right, they can essentially serve as secondary med packs.
I actually use them more than regular medi-gel... I'll trade you.

Omega

Banned
No word on Commendation Packs?

I got two victory packs. Got on this afternoon and redeemed mine. Got off for a few hours, got back on and there was another one there. Both counted because I only had 89 medi-gels before I opened them.

Mindlog

That honor belongs to the Turian Soldier. The Turian Sentinel has Overload at least.
Which I have come to hate. Looking back Turian Sentinel was one of my favored classes. However, I have come to realize that Overload fucks with warp bombs and I kind of hate the ability.

Overall my Krogan sort of appreciates the miniscule bonus to damage that TA gets. My Human Sentinel appreciates the miniscule bonus to encumbrance that TA gets. If I had my way TA's primary asset would be anti-stagger.

I bought 5 premium spectre packs. I got some decent Carnifex upgrades and 1 Widow bonus. Aside from that the one Javelin bonus wasn't really worth it.

Top Bottom