• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

aww I was hoping for a proper player versus player multiplayer, this is very much just a co op mode? Seems a bit odd to market it as 'multiplayer'. I know thats true technically but I think most people think of that as player versus player and still expect co op modes in games that dont have multiplayer components.

EDIT: Tried it out, it seems like a cool mode, im still a bit gutted its only a co op mode but it will be fun for a few games im sure.

So is singleplayer demo in PC realesed tomorrow? I mean without Battlefield 3.
The multi is the one that needs the battlefield code no?

And were are the demos downloaded in origin? I cant find any demo in the store like in steam.

SO EXCITED. Mass effect is one of the best franchises I've bought into. Simply love that it's going multiplayer finally.

1329157730_kids_reaction_to_fireworks.gif

I love this gif, sorry for off topic.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Knowing that people are playing the MP now is making the wait for tomorrow's PSN update even harder. I bet Grace Chen and the PSN monkeys will be especially late too.

So is singleplayer demo in PC realesed tomorrow? I mean without Battlefield 3.
The multi is the one that needs the battlefield code no?

And were are the demos downloaded in origin? I cant find any demo in the store like in steam.
The demo will have both parts: Singleplayer and Multiplayer. But you won't have access to the Multiplayer part until this Friday. Except you activated the BF3 pass on your Origin access. So you don't have to download the demo twice.

Any impressions? I have a few gaffers on my friendlist who are playing/played the MP.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So whats the deal can aliens dodge roll or is that just humans? There shouldnt be any problem with the other species rolling since they all use the same animation skeleton as humans, or at least they use to.

jediyoshi

Kinda wish humans could go with a helmetless/visor appearance. They look so alien otherwise and if the colors match up with cerberus', it's easy to confuse the two.

So whats the deal can aliens dodge roll or is that just humans? There shouldnt be any problem with the other species rolling since they all use the same animation skeleton as humans, or at least they use to.

Each race has its unique dodge, I believe.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wait... theres no versus other human players? it just a horde mode? man fuck this

It's an objective based mode, like Uncharted 2 and 3's Co-op Adventure or the co-op from the Syndicate demo. There are a lot of enemies but you have to do other stuff at the same time. It's not just tons of enemies flowing in. I greatly prefer something like this to PvP MP, which would be really hard to pull off well in Mass Effect.

The demo will have both parts: Singleplayer and Multiplayer. But you won't have access to the Multiplayer part until this Friday. Except you activated the BF3 pass on your Origin access. So you don't have to download the demo twice.

Any impressions? I have a few gaffers on my friendlist who are playing/played the MP.

Thanks!

Holy fuck tomorrow :)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Each race has its unique dodge, I believe.

Good good.

Also since the other races dont have helmets on, what kind of customization can we expect. Am I gonna be able to change the paint on my Turians face and Asari, or are they just set heads with maybe variations when class is chosen.

Arjen

Wow, this is really, realy fun
Played an Infiltrator and Sentinel to level 4, it;s pretty fuckin awesome to play horde with ME powers, and the objectives mixed in is pretty fun to, a lot of customisation mods for weapons, weight for weapons to reduce cooldown. I'm really impressed, definitly will be playing this on release

Woorloog

Banned
The title is a joke right?

The MP is just shooty shooty, no?

Yes to both.

I met someone who was a real badass (Infiltrator). We got to Wave 10... for 2 players, that's pretty nice, at least at these low levels
I like this a lot. Absolutely the best survival mode i've played yet in any game, beating ODST's Firefight by far.
Been playing as a soldier, Adrenaline Rush is a bit weak early on as it only gives damage boost, at rank 4 you can choose "Hardening" which gives it damage reduction as well. Should be useful.
There are some hit detection problems with melee and Concussive Shot doesn't sometimes lock on despite the targeting outline flashing. Getting to cover is also somewhat hard, but that issue was in single player as well. Otherwise the game works just fine.

GSR

Am definitely looking forward to this; I just wish there was a little more variety in the race/class combinations. I particularly would have enjoyed a Turian Infiltrator.

Woorloog

Banned
Am definitely looking forward to this; I just wish there was a little more variety in the race/class combinations. I particularly would have enjoyed a Turian Infiltrator.

Turian Soldier has Proximity Mine, Marksman (Dunno exact effect) and Concussive Shot, ie almost very similar to Garrus from Single Player. Oh and anyone can wield a sniper so...
EDIT no Cloaking though...
I too wish there were more choices and also geth and batarians should be playable IMO. Maybe DLC...

JambiBum

Saw that someone asked about the store and whether or not it's microtransactions. It isn't. It's based off of the credits you earn in game. You use those credits to buy packs, either recruit or veteran. You also get one for free when you first start the mp. The packs are filled with random items like the other races and weapon mods, plus in game bonuses that can help you out.

Arjen

I have to say, it's pretty hard, on silver you get crushed prety quik if you're out in the open.
Gold must be a real pain in the as. You do notice it misses the tight controls like gears, especially in rolls and going to cover.

Samara

I have to say, it's pretty hard, on silver you get crushed prety quik if you're out in the open.
Gold must be a real pain in the as. You do notice it misses the tight controls like gears, especially in rolls and going to cover.

I'm sorry, but what are you talking about? What is this gold thing?
I'm going to try my best to understand this multiplayer business. Uncharted 3 didn't help me, so I hope ME3 will.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm going to try my best to understand this multiplayer business. Uncharted 3 didn't help me, so I hope ME3 will.

Difficulty levels are, from easiest to hardest: Bronze, Silver and Gold.

I have the 360 demo, why cant I play this. What is this about BF3?

Do you have BF3 for 360 and Online Pass activated? If not, then you can play on 17th.

Difficulty levels are, from easiest to hardest: Bronze, Silver and Gold.

Do you have BF3 for 360 and Online Pass activated? If not, then you can play on 17th.

No I dont have BF3, what kind of crap is this. BOOOOO!!!!

I have had the demo for days just waiting for this thing to start and now I am locked out. :(

rozay

Banned
Just a heads up there's a bug with passives that causes it to increase your cool down speed:
Hey all, I appreciate your bringing this up. I realize this isn't an optimal bug to have in the demo, but thankfully it is only in the demo. This only occurs if you put 1 point into the passive and then undo that choice (not if you just upgrade normally and don't undo right after putting the point in). I just checked alongside the QA guys on this bug and we confirmed it works fine in the retail version. In fact, I remember this bug and looking into it vaguely.

The demo is not final game code. We fix bugs until the last second and unfortunately that means lots of bugs end up in demos that aren't in the final game. That's pretty much the only way for us to get you guys ademo out BEFORE the game is out (since demo also has to go through Microsoft/Sony certification).

As for the long recharge time for Charge, this is all due to the weight capacity. There is aweight capacity dependent on how many weapons you are holding. If you hold too many, the game tells you your global power recharge speed is going to be negatively affected (conversely, if you are holding very few weapons your recharge speed increases dramatically). Charge at it's base level is a 10 second recharge power and can be sped up significantly from that (down to under 3seconds).

So all is well, it isn't a bug in the final version, just try to avoid undoing powers from the passive in the demo to avoid this bug (and don't go so far over your weight limit to make Charge and other powers recharge faster).

Thanks! @manveerheir

Woorloog

Banned
No I dont have BF3, what kind of crap is this. BOOOOO!!!!

I have had the demo for days just waiting for this thing to start and now I am locked out. :(

It was announced a long time ago BF3 players would get a headstart for ME3 demo. Though at some point it was changed to MP headstart.

Arjen

Difficulty level: bronze, silver, gold.
On higher difficulty, enemy's have more health, are more aggresive, use smoke to cover their tracks etc.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm mad at myself since i lost the online pass that came with BF3. No early access for me.

JambiBum

You actually don't even have to have BF3. If you really want to you can buy the online pass from the marketplace and play that way. I didn't use a code with BF3, I had to buy the online pass b/c I bought it used.

You can add me to the XBL list, though I won't be able to play it until it opens up to all. GT's BlueNinja BE.

Interested to see how it plays. More specifically, if I'll be rocking an asari or drell Vanguard. :lol

ape2man

All you need is the online pass actived, i think, not Limited Edition.

I saw the stream of some krogan playing MP (edit: a guy playing a krogan ;) ) and i thought hey why not try it out now. So i started the ME3 demo and went right a head for the MP. Server was loading nothing and i diddent have to log in to origin , minute later i was in and playing mp.

i don't know what was broken on that server i don't care.

ME3MP or Gears Of War 3 : Horde mode is really great.

Woorloog

Banned
More specifically, if I'll be rocking an asari or drell Vanguard. :lol

Not right away probably. You'll get a free "equipment pack" that includes one race-class combo but it is random. New classes can be unlocked by buying more packs or by playing enough with a class (Play enough as Human Adept and you unlock asari first and then drell).

Not right away probably. You'll get a free "equipment pack" that includes one race-class combo but it is random. New classes can be unlocked by buying more packs or by playing enough with a class (Play enough as Human Adept and you unlock asari first and then drell).

That sounds kinda bleh. I was hoping you could start creating your character from scratch right away.

Oh well, at least I don't need to worry about being on Silver. I'm definitely getting Gold once the full game comes out, though.

Top Bottom