• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

exYle

Still on a Harrier I... :(

I just got it when the last DLC was released. =/

I know that feel bro. My Harrier has been rank I since last summer. With luck, it will still be at this rank in June. :lol

i_know_you_feel_this_bro_by_stick636-d4tkvsu.png

I just want to feel how godlike you can be with a Harrier X and a Turian Ghost Infiltrator specced with the extra AR damage with Cloak.

The answer is 'completely godlike.'

Harrier X.
After a while it gets boring. It's too good.

This was inevitable: 9:25 Glacier Platinum Speedrun Using Cain Trip Mines

HA! That was great. I'm not sure how you could effectively nerf it without completely changing the mechanics; if you knock down the damage, it just means you have to shoot a couple more mines. Being able to force detonations by dropping more mines after 3 are set is what makes the power busted, and I doubt that's going anywhere (that's if there are even any further balance changes made, which there may well not be).

Stantron

Harrier X but I don't use it that much at all. It's good for grenade classes though since you're going to be running to ammo boxes often anyways to refill grenades.

BTW, which is the best ammo for her? I've used Warp just because I've got the largest supply of them, as I haven't really used biotic classes for a while, and its damage increase is bigger than that of armour piercing ammo's; 35% vs. 25% IIRC.

Armour Piercing IV. Because then you can use the smart choke on the Claymore and 25% damage. If you use Warp IV then you have to use the AP mod on the shotgun and smart choke.

Harrier X.
After a while it gets boring. It's too good.

This was inevitable: 9:25 Glacier Platinum Speedrun Using Cain Trip Mines

That video is STUPID. i wanted to see where they were placing the Cain mines - i know the area is going to be downstairs and i assume they enemies are forced there due to the other 2 guys blocking the spawn points - so is one guy mining the downstairs and the other guy mining the same area or a different one?

The talon merc is really interesting but it works better on the smaller map where you can camp spawn points - on the fly and where you have to react he isnt as good as some other characters.

Mindlog

That video is STUPID. i wanted to see where they were placing the Cain mines - i know the area is going to be downstairs and i assume they enemies are forced there due to the other 2 guys blocking the spawn points - so is one guy mining the downstairs and the other guy mining the same area or a different one?

The talon merc is really interesting but it works better on the smaller map where you can camp spawn points - on the fly and where you have to react he isnt as good as some other characters.
You can tell from positioning and during extraction.
2 Talons
1 Drell Infiltrator
1 Demolisher

Demolisher pylon feeds the lower Talon and the other as two ammo boxes. Drell sets his recon mine in the basement for wide are invasive scan. Lower Talon bombs the upper basement and the Upper Talon bombs the back basement. Thread.

Talon mines really suffer on maps like Condor with so many jagged walls. When going U/U I use melee gear because AP arrows are really strong.

You can tell from positioning and during extraction.
2 Talons
1 Drell Infiltrator
1 Demolisher

Demolisher pylon feeds the lower Talon and the other as two ammo boxes. Drell sets his recon mine in the basement for wide are invasive scan. Lower Talon bombs the upper basement and the Upper Talon bombs the back basement. Thread.

Talon mines really suffer on maps like Condor with so many jagged walls. When going U/U I use melee gear because AP arrows are really strong.

Thats really helpful. Thanks. You really needed a coordinated and fast team to pull this off though. i hope they release a video from the viewpoint of all 4 players. I *kinda* get what the guy who posted it said in terms of where they were positioned but i need to see it.

I played a few games then with the Talon and topped the gold leaderboards both times but it wasnt easy.

Choice if gun is difficult for me - i either use a harrier (since im running to the ammo box anyway) or a scorpion with Power damage.

Melchiah

Armour Piercing IV. Because then you can use the smart choke on the Claymore and 25% damage. If you use Warp IV then you have to use the AP mod on the shotgun and smart choke.

Well, I don't have any level IV ammo (drops really rarily), and I use Shredder Mod & Spare Thermal Clip with the Reegar. I've never really thought about using Smart Choke, as I play the shotty equipped Infiltrator classes mostly up close and personal.

Tried the Talon Mercenary video build, equipped with Harrier I, the first time last night on Silver, and funnily enough it just happened to be that map. Pretty effective build, but it seemed like some of the Cain Trip Mines wouldn't detonate at all. The AP arrows worked like a charm though, Brutes went down really quickly.

Damn sorry Sai that was some SHIT playing on my part. 3 extractions but none of them good on my side. The talon is a lot of fun but i still havent worked out what weapon went well with him. I think i played best with the Adas.

Also, stop headshotting cerberus before they step onto my trip mines! :p

Well, I don't have any level IV ammo (drops really rarily), and I use Shredder Mod & Spare Thermal Clip with the Reegar. I've never really thought about using Smart Choke, as I play the shotty equipped Infiltrator classes mostly up close and personal.

You dont need the smart choke for the reeger, but you do for the claymore.

I get a lot of Level IV ammo since i maxed out my golds and below ages ago.

i got 1 x UR in my last 10 purchases..a friggin valiant VI! :(

Sai

You were fine. Those two randoms were terrible though; first time in a while that I've wanted to give somebody da boot.

You were fine. Those two randoms were terrible though; first time in a while that I've wanted to give somebody da boot.
I noticed they were 3rd and 4th by a LONG way. im trying to experiment with new chars/builds/weapons so im not going to be using my tried and true builds for a while.

Melchiah

You dont need the smart choke for the reeger, but you do for the claymore.

I get a lot of Level IV ammo since i maxed out my golds and below ages ago.

i got 1 x UR in my last 10 purchases..a friggin valiant VI! :(

I didn't know that about Claymore, as I've only tried it once, and didn't really like using it. The same goes for the majority of shotguns, and sniper rifles. Too little room for error for my taste. ;)

I've got a plenty of gear missing, and levelling up to do, so it's no wonder I get the level IV ammo so rarily.

It seems the game gives better equipment, when you buy more packs in a row. At least, that's how it's been for me those two times I had more credits saved. So, I've thought about saving a million credits once again, and see how it goes.

RdN

A weird thing happened to me right now..

I was playing with my Asari Sentinel, finished the match, leveled up to 20. Went on to finish it's points, everything went OK. Then, I went to finish specing my Krogan Warlord, but instead of having a few points to put, I had more than 100!

So, he's now with all the skills maxed up, and the amount of available points show as -21.

Anyone faced that already?

Sai

That's a known glitch. You may get away with a single game, but don't get too comfortable with him; Bioware bans for exploiting it.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I pulled the geth trooper off an spectre pack earlier today.

By the gods the flamer is off this world. Character is a bit unidimensional but jeebus talk about topping the score every single game.

PBalfredo

I recently unlocked the N7 Paladin, and he's pretty cool. Though I'm a bit unsure on how exactly tech explosions work. They don't seem to happen as reliably as biotic explosions. Are they more conditional? Like they guy has to be on fire for fire explosions to work, etc? Does the paladin's freeze/fire shield set up or detonate explosions?

Bombless

By the gods the flamer is off this world. Character is a bit unidimensional but jeebus talk about topping the score every single game.

Some platforms just want to watch the world burn.

Though I'm a bit unsure on how exactly tech explosions work. They don't seem to happen as reliably as biotic explosions. Are they more conditional? Like they guy has to be on fire for fire explosions to work, etc?

That's correct. A target has to be burning when a trigger effect hits to cause a fire explosion. Normal cryo explosions require the target to be frozen solid to blow up but Snap Freeze primes the targets immediately so just use Snap Freeze then Incinerate for non stop cryo combos.

Try my build for this guy - its damn interesting and everyone will think you are crazy until you top the scoreboard.

Flamer - Max range etc
Hunter Mode - Zero, dont put any points
Max Fitness
40% damage reduction on Fortification.

Basically, i equip him with a Scorpion X (25% Damage, extra rounds), Pistol Amp III, Pistol Rail Amp V, Explosive Rounds 3 then you dont need a cyclonic or Power Amp if you want them.

Hit the spawn points and lay down 7 mines - once everyone either is dying or staggered apply the flame thrower. You will take down EVERYTHING.

For Atlases just stay around corners and use the flamer.

Remember, with the scorpion you dont need to hit them, just shoot the floor around them and you will stagger everything, clean up with the flamer.

Its my 2nd fave character besides with AIU.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Awesome. I just got the game when it was half off and I tried multi but just sat on searcing for a while :(

Yeah, i dont know why, sometimes searching just doesnt seem to work, but a quick cancel and retry can give you a group in 3 secs... its weird.

Inversive

Just gonna play this for the first time since they added Geth infiltrator etc, it's been a while! There is lots of of new guns, classes and finally a new enemy i see... Is Salarian infiltrator still a boss or have the new classes overtook him?
anyone on ps3 want a game?

Is Salarian infiltrator still a boss or have the new classes overtook him?
still a boss and top tier character IMO but got nerfed last year (40% cloaked sniper damage knocked down to 25%).

Anywasy, I've gotten almost nothing but promo weapons since they switched them to UR. 4x Eagle, 2x Valkyrie, 2x Crusader, 2x Hurricane. The one exception was a Venom shotgun.

Inversive

still a boss and top tier character IMO but got nerfed last year (40% cloaked sniper damage knocked down to 25%).

Anywasy, I've gotten almost nothing but promo weapons since they switched them to UR. 4x Eagle, 2x Valkyrie, 2x Crusader, 2x Hurricane. The one exception was a Venom shotgun.
Yeah he's still fun, came in top first game back against some dude playing as a ninja :s Do you play on ps3 by any chance?
Should i be buying the reserve pack for new characters? nice to see the premium spec pack is now standard :p

Bisnic

Yeah he's still fun, came in top first game back against some dude playing as a ninja :s Do you play on ps3 by any chance?
Should i be buying the reserve pack for new characters? nice to see the premium spec pack is now standard :p

Man i totally had forgotten how premium spectre pack wasn't standard before... that feels like so long ago.

And yes, reserve pack is the best for unlocking characters.

no, 360. I'd play with you otherwise. And yes buy Reserve packs have a higher chance for characters

Bisnic

I wish ultra rare weapons were as common as ultra rare characters, i must have gotten the last 3 appearances of the Collector Adept in the past 2 days.

Melchiah

I wish ultra rare weapons were as common as ultra rare characters, i must have gotten the last 3 appearances of the Collector Adept in the past 2 days.

I got all the three ultra rare characters immediately, but I'm still missing many older ones, like a half of the Cerberus guys and gals. I wonder if I even get to try them before the MP eventually ends.

Mindlog

FZigjG4.jpg

I broke 20 headshots before 25 kills for the first time in a while. Popped it super-early in a full pub game. Then tried my Hurricane X (Mag/Heat Sink/AP IV) on a GI for the first time. Complete murder machine.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Try my build for this guy - its damn interesting and everyone will think you are crazy until you top the scoreboard.

Flamer - Max range etc
Hunter Mode - Zero, dont put any points
Max Fitness
40% damage reduction on Fortification.

Basically, i equip him with a Scorpion X (25% Damage, extra rounds), Pistol Amp III, Pistol Rail Amp V, Explosive Rounds 3 then you dont need a cyclonic or Power Amp if you want them.

Hit the spawn points and lay down 7 mines - once everyone either is dying or staggered apply the flame thrower. You will take down EVERYTHING.

For Atlases just stay around corners and use the flamer.

Remember, with the scorpion you dont need to hit them, just shoot the floor around them and you will stagger everything, clean up with the flamer.

Its my 2nd fave character besides with AIU.

Yeah I specced it first with hunter mode and its great fun but didn't work and switched out.

I didn't know about the scorpion, have to try it out. That thing shoots mines?

Sai

Sorry, Phat Michael. I can't clearly comprehend your complaints over the sounds of all the heads I'm poppin'.

;D

exYle

Yeah I specced it first with hunter mode and its great fun but didn't work and switched out.

I didn't know about the scorpion, have to try it out. That thing shoots mines?

Timed proximity mines. They will always explode after a few seconds, but if shot at the feet of an enemy, they are more likely to blow up instantly.

Sorry, Phat Michael. I can't clearly comprehend your complaints over the sounds of all the heads I'm poppin'.

;D

well have to take my AIU vs your sabre weilding ghost bastard on a small map like glacier then an open one like dagger. I think itll be close!

AIU dominated today on gold. need some more shotgun rail amps tho :/

Top Bottom