• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Voice Cast Trailer & GAF Plymouth Rock Town Meeting

GSR

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG9otVyV6GI

In a series known for delivering one of the most cinematic experiences in all of interactive entertainment with an emphasis on high quality digital acting, BioWare is aiming to once again set a new bar with Mass Effect™ 3. Today, BioWare, a Label of Electronic Arts Inc., unveiled the cast for 2012’s first blockbuster game, Mass Effect 3. The ensemble will see the return of fan favorites, including Martin Sheen as the Illusive Man, Mark Meer and Jennifer Hale as Male and Female Shepard and will introduce Freddie Prinze, Jr. as James Vega, a marine who will help Commander Shepard take Earth back.

“We are absolutely thrilled with the passion and emotion the entire cast brought to their performances in Mass Effect 3,” said Casey Hudson, Executive Producer of the Mass Effect series. “In a story where Earth and the entire galaxy are at war, we needed to take the performances to a level of dramatic power and intensity that we’ve never previously attempted. This extremely talented cast delivered.”

The star-studded cast for Mass Effect 3 includes the return of Golden Globe winner Sheen (“The Departed”, “Apocalypse Now”), Seth Green (“Robot Chicken”, “Family Guy”) as Joker, Tricia Helfer (“Battlestar Galactica”) as the Normandy’s A.I., Yvonne Strahovski (“Chuck”) as Miranda, and Carrie-Anne Moss (“The Matrix”) as Aria T'Loak. Other returning fan favorites include Meer and Hale as Male and Female Shepard, Ali Hillis as Dr. Liara T’Soni, Keith David (“Platoon”) as Captain Anderson and Lance Henriksen (“Aliens”) as Admiral Steven Hackett. Prinze, Jr. (“24”) and Jessica Chobot (G4 TV), as news reporter Diana Allers, are the newcomers to the series.

“I have always loved science fiction and I have always loved games and Mass Effect is really the first time both come together successfully,” said Prinze, Jr.- “It is a completely immersive game where you really feel like you’re part of this journey inside this universe. It will make you think, you will care about the character you are playing, and you will care about the characters that you bring into battle with you.”

Jessica Chobot is in this? In both voice and model?

Arghhhh...

Where's the bitching thread?

Thank god for Keith David and Jennifer Hale for saving this. Oh and Sheen ofc.

stupei

I think this time i will play as female Shepard.

Female Shepard is the real Shepard.

Also, I wasn't sure if we had confirmation Miranda would be back. Glad to see she will be, though I wonder if she'll have a less prominent role.

JerkShep

No words on Adam Baldwin as Kal'Reegar in the press release though. I hope he's still there. It was a very small role indeed but I like Reegar.
EDIT: And no Hogan, but I think his character is confirmed

Also, I wasn't sure if we had confirmation Miranda would be back. Glad to see she will be, though I wonder if she'll have a less prominent role.

I'm thinking she might.. Ashley
/Kaidan
seems to be taking the spotlight.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I'm really curious as to her role in this. Maybe even a villain since Cerberus is against Shepard again? That would be cool. Oh, please don't answer me with any leaks or anything. I'm just speculating and don't want to be spoiled.

I'm really curious as to her role in this. Maybe even a villain since Cerberus is against Shepard again? That would be cool. Oh, please don't answer me with any leaks or anything. I'm just speculating and don't want to be spoiled.

I'm guessing you didn't take Miranda with you at the end of the suicide mission in ME2?

Moaradin

Yea I don't see Miranda siding with Cerberus, though it would be cool if that was determined by how loyal she was by the end of ME2.

Berto

Male Shepard voice acting is soo bad, its a real turn off. The guy had 3 games to improve and it's still as bad as it was in the first game.

Nemesis_

Diana Allers is a bit of a fucking joke.

Pretty happy with everything else though. Happy to see Aria and Carrie Anne Moss are back at least.

Why is she there i might ask?

You really need me to spell it out? She's smoking hot and into video games, also the poster child babe for IGN, where all of the demographic that Bioware keeps trying to allure with this shit goes to.

She didn't get the job for her acting skills, unless budget was suddenly a problem.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Aria was Matrix girl? Didn't even realize it.

So does she join your team or something in this one?

Seriously... who gives a shit that a hot chick is voicing a reporter. Does it make you that upset?

Of course man. All the people who read IGN will now stumble upon the fact that Chobot's voice will be as a reporter in the game that will probably last 3 minutes, and all of a sudden get the urge to purchase a whole game just for her voice.

All a conspiracy.

Of course man. All the people who read IGN will now stumble upon the fact that Chobot's voice will be as a reporter in the game that will probably last 3 minutes, and all of a sudden get the urge to purchase a whole game just for her voice.

All a conspiracy.

3 minute cameo granted her a spot on a Voice Cast Trailer? I don't see it.

Peff

Man, these trailers are always so awkward...

[Character I play] will definitely face new situations he/she has never faced before, it's really exciting! [Name of the game] is a real step forward for gamers with all its [PR bullet points like "cinematic" or "moral choices"]

Still, pretty cool that they got most of the cast back. Did they end up changing Mordin or was it a rumour?

You really need me to spell it out? She's smoking hot and into video games, also the poster child babe for IGN, where all of the demographic that Bioware keeps trying to allure with this shit goes to.

She didn't get the job for her acting skills, unless budget was suddenly a problem.

So... a person that enjoys games, gets hired to do a voice over. A person that understands the medium and might actually care. Yet Bioware should say... "you're too hot... and have a high profile.... off with you demon spawn"

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Hale is a much better voice actor than Meer. Worth it for me to go Femshep for that reason.

Yep, definitely agree. I love hale in anything she's ever been, even as an announcer in Uncharted 3 MP. She makes King of the hill sound sexy! :D

Anteater

Are they keeping femshep's face secret so they could give her different trailers or something? Seems weird how they just cut it out when they're about to zoom into her.

Top Bottom