• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - 101 questions and answers by Mac Walters

That said, I always want more characters.

Same here, character DLC is some of my favorite because it usually gives a full new mission, and having a new character means new interactions throughout the entire game (another excuse to play through the game again!).

The Kasumi DLC also gave ME2 one of the best guns in the game (that sweet SMG).

Big Nikus

When I think Mass Effect I think about the citadel, the distinctive architecture of the alien worlds like Illium, Feros, Noveria etc. The typical armour which in Andromeda looks way more futuristic or from a different game. Reapers and Protheans. The retro futurism and 70's sci fi feel of ME1 still missing. Here I see just empty colorful alien worlds.

Yup, the vintage Sci Fi feel and retro futurism aesthetic seem to be gone, from what we've seen anyway. I don't know, it looks more generic to me.

denx

They're intentionally going for a more Space Western feel for this game than the rest of the series (hence the Johnny Cash trailer). I love this, but I can understand this not being for everyone's liking.

SliChillax

They're intentionally going for a more Space Western feel for this game than the rest of the series (hence the Johnny Cash trailer). I love this, but I can understand this not being for everyone's liking.
I understand and I respect this decision. But I just want a new Mass Effect 1, not a game using the Mass Effect name only to slap a few N7 badges on armour and call it a day.

denx

I understand and I respect this decision. But I just want a new Mass Effect 1, not a game using the Mass Effect name only to slap a few N7 badges on armour and call it a day.

ME for me has always been about choices, cool characters, interesting alien races with their own lore and exploring a galaxy. As long as all of those things are in the new game (and by the look of it they are) I'm cool.

Couldn't care less none of the previous places or characters are in this game. This is supposed to be a new beginning for the franchise and I'm excited about it.

SliChillax

ME for me has always been about choices, cool characters, interesting alien races with their own lore and exploring a galaxy. As long as all of those things are in the new game (and by the look of it they are) I'm cool.

Couldn't care less none of the previous places or characters are in this game. This is supposed to be a new beginning for the franchise and I'm excited about it.
I will enjoy the game once it comes out but at the moment it just doesn't feel Mass Effect visually. Might as well be a No Mans Sky spin off or just another sci fi exploration game. Doesn't seem to have the Mass Effect vibe to it. Hopefully I'm wrong once I play the game.

DedValve

Banned
I don't know, maaaaybe. It wouldn't be the first time BioWare has gone this route on this subject, so it wouldn't surprise me overmuch!

(I can't really say anything else as I don't know which BioWare games you've played and don't want to inadvertently spoil one, heh.)

Your probably referencing another bioware game with the bolded but my mind went immediately to the ending and thought "yup, precedent for lying through your teeth is there bioware"

Interesting tidbit on the no communicating with the milky way "in this game". I really, really kinda want to hear about the milky way at some point in the future preferably that its been destroyed by reapers.

I will enjoy the game once it comes out but at the moment it just doesn't feel Mass Effect visually. Might as well be a No Mans Sky spin off or just another sci fi exploration game. Doesn't seem to have the Mass Effect vibe to it. Hopefully I'm wrong once I play the game.

It has the building blocks of Mass Effect, Space, exploration, alien species, dialogue choices, se--romance.

Visually it looks more like Mass Effect 1 than anything. If anything it doesn't look "out there" enough, this takes place in a whole entirely separate galaxy. The only thing that should be familiar are milky way inhabitants and their technology. Literally everything else should look strange, unrecognizable and unfamiliar.

EA / BIOWARE needs to make a nice TRILOGY REMASTERED PS4 with all the stuff for some 59,99/69,99 €/$

people would buy i think.

Top Bottom