• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda Boxart

Finnroth

Laaaaame :/ Well all the ME covers were lame, but I somehow hoped for something more artistic / interesting instead of generic CGI dude with helm / action background.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Laaaaame :/ Well all the ME covers were lame, but I somehow hoped for something more artistic / interesting instead of generic CGI dude with helm / action background.

Blame focus testing. It's what the cool kids want.

jbug617

Banned
$199 Collector's Edition

E4GXDCq3

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01M2CQ490/3535232-20/

does not include game. Just an exclusive steelbook

Tovarisc

who cares about box art these days right???

Basically every consumer who doesn't actively or at all read gaming forums, sites and/or magazines? Design of packaging, which includes box art in this case, is huge factor in in-store sales. If design of packaging fails to attract consumer attention and make consumers pick it off the shelf for closer look it loses a lot sales.

Noticed on the first box PC Digital Download no disc included. Hmm so digital retail only? $69 or £49 or whatever as opposed to a more reasonable £39.99 for PC retail? Gone are the days when you could get a AAA PC title for under £25.

I do like the artwork though.

- J - D -

Mass Effect 1 continues to be the best in the series, cover art included.

Pretty hilarious that they stayed gender neutral until you get to the skus above Standard.

Standard boxart looks fantastic. Love the play on glass part of the helmet with the planet being in some sort of a reflection. On second look, it's probably a galaxy. Loving the colors used with cool blues relaxed in the background versus the warm colors of the glass part of the helmet. Reminds me of the human brain in some abstract way.

Those are some EA-esque boxarts alright. Would've like a little more emphasis on Space, but I guess Ryder looks fine. It's nice they're not marketing a specific PC for this game, even though the character on the box looks male.

FStop7

Banned
Integrating an alien world into the helmet of a human, alluding to exploring the stars, etc. Very clever. They had to get a gun in there, though.

vs.

BROLASERKNIFE BURNINGSHIP DEWRITOS

Teknoman

I know that EA kinda started the Blue and Orange thing, but can we move away from it for North American studio releases?

Standard is the better of the two but you'd figure for a series about traveling the galaxy, they would be much more creative at this point.

chaosaeon

Standard not bad but not great either, the planet/helmet idea is okay. Deluxe, wow please control your rampant creativity, you forgot to make it even more blue orange and have them somehow head down eyes up with explosions in the background and 10/10 in impact font.

Top Bottom