• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda Graphical Downgrade

I'm done with your BS. It has to do with tech, not model proportions.

For example (all the regular women in this clip from a sidequest in TW3 fare better than ME:A due to the shader tech and better hair modelling): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05CdYLKeEBs

Also, DICE's models with Frostbite 3 (albeit not an RPG) are much better whilst running at 60fps (however, with far smaller scope): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCk_F-rHaXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCk_F-rHaXQ
Lmao the woman in that video you linked is dripping wet, showing cleavage, has a model face and she has incredibly heavy makeup. Cmon.

If it was actually an issue with their tech, the black guy with longer hair from the trailers would look shit. He doesn't.

ThEoRy...

I don't see a downgrade. If anything in the first comparison with Peebee the reveal shot looks drab and washed out in comparison to the current release shot.

These threads are really reaching and frankly it's just stupid.

AU Tiger

:|

i_have_special_eyes_meme__by_stevenstar777-d6r4ba7.jpg

mephixto

Banned
Idk but the latest screens looks better to me, cleaner and more detailed. Reveal images looks like taken from a youtube video or with lot of horrible post processing effects.

I think some people love their games with lots of "mud" on the IQ, too much post processing is hideous to me I prefer clean and crisp look.

mosdl

Bioware tends to be overly ambitious - over 1k speaking characters, so the quality of models has a much higher variance (see the female on the cockpit vs any of the companions).

Whales

Banned
I just feel sorry for the Mass Effect fans :(

Why?

These graphical downgrades are nothing bad... They don't feel like HUGE downgrades at all to me

And the game looks VERY fun to play, and it has the good old GOAT ME3MP. So yeah

I seriously don't understand why it's getting hated so much on gaf right now. It makes no sense. l come in a MEA thread with a gameplay video, watch the video, game looks fun, gameplay was smooth, then when I read the comments here all I see is '' omg... that JANK!!!'' or '' LOL these animations lmaooo'' '' lol typical bioware shit'' and im like what? makes no sense

i-Lo

Lmao the woman in that video you linked is dripping wet, showing cleavage, has a model face and she has incredibly heavy makeup. Cmon.

If it was actually an issue with their tech, the black guy with longer hair from the trailers would look shit. He doesn't.

You should check out the other video I posted in that clip.

I understand defending the game especially if you're a fan. But this is getting a touch nonsensical with you implying that because they're "showing cleavage" and wet that it's somehow about sexual attractiveness that's obscuring my judgement. I'd call it first rate projection since I really don't care how attractive they look as long as they don't look like weird uncanny valley dolls.

Given I'm not the only one mentioning this, how about assessing your own position on the matter instead of saying that we can't appreciate it because somehow Bioware can't make each of our ideal version of a woman.

Also, lastly, I am a ME fan (who played as both male and female shep) and had Andromeda ordered for PS4 since day 1. Like everyone else, I am allowed to criticize the game for what I perceive it to be a shortcoming without being labelled thirsty or somesuch BS.

EDIT: Also as to why the black guy doesn't look bad, it's down his hair not only being better quality than the standard stuff the female NPCs get but he also has facial scruff and age lines which has helped all installments of ME stave off the same issue with males. Males without scruff & age lines//flaws look just as weird but they're generally few and far in between.

OVDRobo

Damn, OP. At least put a warning in the title before I open a thread and have that staring at me. I'm going to have clown nightmares for weeks.

As for the actual topic, I don't have much of an issue with the graphics in this game. It's the other parts that are turning me away.

[/IMG]http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/sites/hobbyconsolas.com/public/media/image/2014/10/392836-nuevos-detalles-personalizacion-dragon-age-inquisition.jpg[/IMG]

[/IMG]https://abload.de/img/vlcsnap-2017-03-14-201rsvz.png[/IMG]

The hell happened?

Different teams, plus, the first image is not in-game.

BumRush

When did mass effect become the most hated series? I'm really surprised about all of the negativity in threads over the last 2 weeks or so (not just talking about the OP, which I think are mostly bad examples to be honest).

GavinUK86

I just feel sorry for the Mass Effect fans :(

Why? I feel great.

When did mass effect become the most hated series? I'm really surprised about all of the negativity in threads over the last 2 weeks or so (not just talking about the OP, which I think are mostly bad examples to be honest).

It's the gaf echo chamber. DA2 started the Bioware hate then ME3 added fuel to the fire. It's pretty annoying. It's one thing to not like what you see but it's a whole other problem when threads keep popping up shitting on something miniscule just because it's Bioware. To be fair, the same thing is happening for Zelda too but in both directions.

392836-nuevos-detalles-personalizacion-dragon-age-inquisition.jpg

vlcsnap-2017-03-14-201rsvz.png

The hell happened?

You may want to do a little bit more research there bud.

Peterthumpa

It didn't.
neogaf.gif

nynt9

Why?

These graphical downgrades are nothing bad... They don't feel like HUGE downgrades at all to me

And the game looks VERY fun to play, and it has the good old GOAT ME3MP. So yeah

I seriously don't understand why it's getting hated so much on gaf right now. It makes no sense. l come in a MEA thread with a gameplay video, watch the video, game looks fun, gameplay was smooth, then when I read the comments here all I see is '' omg... that JANK!!!'' or '' LOL these animations lmaooo'' '' lol typical bioware shit'' and im like what? makes no sense

Maybe... maybe people aren't invested in the franchise the same way you are, and care about different aspects of it than you do, and thus see things that disappoint them? I mean all the animations in the game look unpolished, like a middle tier game. That's pretty obvious. To some, that's not a big deal, to others it is. I can see why some might not care. Can you legitimately not see why others might care? If so, then there isn't much point discussing things.

What's with all the posts with the persecution complex?

MarkusRJR

Man what the fuck happened at BioWare? Every face and facial animation I've seen from Andromeda look so off to the point where I occasionally get uncomfortable or laugh at how awkward they look.

Its almost like in order to keep it looking like Mass Effect, Bioware ported over whatever Unreal Engine 3 does to faces to make them all look weird

You should check out the other video I posted in that clip.

I understand defending the game especially if you're a fan. But this is getting a touch nonsensical with you implying that because they're "showing cleavage" and wet that it's somehow about sexual attractiveness that's obscuring my judgement. I'd call it first rate projection since I really don't care how attractive they look as long as they don't look like weird uncanny valley dolls.

Given I'm not the only one mentioning this, how about assessing your own position on the matter instead of saying that we can't appreciate it because somehow Bioware can't make each of our ideal version of a woman.

Also, lastly, I am a ME fan (who played as both male and female shep) and had Andromeda ordered for PS4 since day 1. Like everyone else, I am allowed to criticize the game for what I perceive it to be a shortcoming without being labelled thirsty or somesuch BS.

EDIT: Also as to why the black guy doesn't look bad, it's down his hair not only being better quality than the standard stuff the female NPCs get but he also has facial scruff which has helped all installments of ME stave off the same issue with males. Males without scruff look just as weird but they're generally few and far in between.
I'm not buying it, I haven't preordered it, it's nothing to do with being defence force or anything.

I'm not calling you thirsty, I'm saying there is a subconscious component to thinking that the female models are of lower quality than the male models because they're less attractive. They're really not, they are fine. It is only ever the girls that get pulled up on this issue.

robertoci

Doesn't look that bad to me, sure FemRyder can look a little goofy at times but if that is the main problem with this game then i'll be a happy camper.

Also what is with everywhere shitting on Bioware all of a sudden? Have they done something wrong that i've missed?

rashbeep

Banned
Leliana doesn't actually look as good as that shot in game, though certainly the main NPCs didn't look anywhere near as derpy as Andromeda.

That pic of Ryder is mid animation btw. There's a lengthy walkthrough with the default model and she looks fine for the most part.

Looks more like a video game now. I think people just don't care anymore. Or maybe they just don't care about this game.

Reminds me of TW3 downgrade where it looks more colorful and less "atmospheric"

Top Bottom