• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Trilogy releasing this November on 360/PS3/PC (including ME1 on PS3)

Richie

Any incentive anyone had to buy the Wii U version will be pulverized by these news. Chances are they'll also release this Trilogy for it way down the line (mid 2013 perhaps), but hey, meanwhile you can pay full price for the latest installment of a story-heavy trilogy!
Rather shady on EA's part if this compilation is indeed in the works for Wii U later while trying to get as much money from standalone ME3 as possible.

zroid

Banned
WOW.

Damn, I don't know about getting ME1 standalone off PSN, I would need a much bigger hard drive before I can even consider downloading retail games.

If the trilogy were being released on Wii U though, I'd probably buy the whole bundle.

iceatcs

Holy shit MS lose first ME publishing right.

meh, could have done before ME2 but nice to have all 3 for PS3

pargonta

is there something to a 5 year contract here?

if they're holding the ps3 version back past late november... seems possible.

or, just a cool coincidence.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
"Future Wii U support depends on reception and sales of our hardcore game Mass Effect 3"

3 months later...

"For some reason Mass Effect 3 failed. Have fun with Madden 2014 4 babies Nintendo fans!!"

I will be extremely surprised if they went back and polished the performance of ME1 on 360 but it would get me to buy this if they did.

Not being on Wii U doesn't make sense... unless they're working on the ports specifically to take advantage of the hardware? Hew knows.

Wonder how ME1 will run on PS3, considering it's not too hot on the 360.

Patryn

Curious if Microsoft's exclusivity was only until a period of time after ME3's release. That seems logical to me: Lock up who you can for the trilogy, but at this time it doesn't have the same value it used to have.

Dipswitch

Hopefully a good opportunity for me to pick up ME3 standalone for short money. Of course, I'll also need a working Xbox 360......

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There's no way this Trilogy collection doesn't eventually see release on Wii U...

On November 6, EA is releasing a three game package of a very specific story driven and completely connected trilogy of games. Games that follow the same protagonist, same characters, and same adventure through interconnected quests.

Perfect for people inexperienced with the series, wishing to start from the very start (as they should), this trilogy pack will be released on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. On both PC and Xbox 360, all three games have previously been released, though will finally be available in one pack. On PlayStation 3, only the last two titles were released, the pack now giving fans a chance to experience where the adventure began.

On Wii U, a platform that launches a week plus after the release of the Mass Effect Trilogy, EA will release Mass Effect 3 Special Edition. This is singular, final entry in a three game story arc. On a platform with a very high probability of new players, completely inexperienced with the series. On a platform with a manufacturer/production history that has never had a Mass Effect game before.

The sheer idiocy and insanity of this company knows no bounds. It matters not if the Wii U will get it eventually. What matters is they have the perfect game for potentially new fans who have never played the series before, and are releasing it on every major platform except the one it would be most valuable on.

Tagg9

Awesome. Hopefully ME1's framerate is more stable on PS3. How much do you guys reckon the MSRP will be? Is $60 too cheap for all three?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Why would you even play the first Mass Effect game now?
I don't know, maybe because it's the best of the 3?

I love the long standing tradition so many 3rd parties have of fucking up their own releases on Nintendo consoles. ME3 coming up on Wii U? Let's announce a trilogy pack. MGS3 coming up on 3DS? Let's announce a trilogy pack for PS3. etc etc
And then blaming Nintendo and their consumer base. Yup, old story's old.

MarkusRJR

On November 6, EA is releasing a three game package of a very specific story driven and completely connected trilogy of games. Games that follow the same protagonist, same characters, and same adventure through interconnected quests.

Perfect for people inexperienced with the series, wishing to start from the very start (as they should), this trilogy pack will be released on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. On both PC and Xbox 360, all three games have previously been released, though will finally be available in one pack. On PlayStation 3, only the last two titles were released, the pack now giving fans a chance to experience where the adventure began.

On Wii U, a platform that launches a week plus after the release of the Mass Effect Trilogy, EA will release Mass Effect 3 Special Edition. This is singular, final entry in a three game story arc. On a platform with a very high probability of new players, completely inexperienced with the series. On a platform with a manufacturer/production history that has never had a Mass Effect game before.

The sheer idiocy and insanity of this company knows no bounds. It matters not if the Wii U will get it eventually. What matters is they have the perfect game for potentially new fans who have never played the series before, and are releasing it on every major platform except the one it would be most valuable on.
Yup. Couldn't have said it better myself.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

I just don't get it. I really don't.

Top Bottom