• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Trilogy releasing this November on 360/PS3/PC (including ME1 on PS3)

Bittercup

"The PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect Trilogy will have the original Mass Effect with Bring Down the Sky integrated into the game, both on-disc and on the PSN download. Mass Effect 2 will still have the same DLC on-disc that it was originally shipped with: Cerberus Network; Kasumi; Overlord; and Lair of the Shadow Broker. Finally, Mass Effect 3 will also be exactly as it originally shipped."

release date "PS3 on December 4th (December 7th in Europe)."
with a interesting blog post to read:
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/01/ryan-warden-an-update-on-the-mass-effect-trilogy/

Mad_Ban

I guess we should be thankful Pinnacle Station couldn't be ported to PS3 (corrupt data). :p

Looking forward to picking it up.

Number45

So as someone who has never played these games, are all three versions being released identical in terms of content? I've read that blog post and it's not clear, to me at least.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So as someone who has never played these games, are all three versions being released identical in terms of content? I've read that blog post and it's not clear, to me at least.

I think the PS3 version will have more ME2 content than both the PC and 360 versions. It will still be available for them, but you'll have to pay the extra money.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Nope. They're just pressing new discs of the original games in new packaging for the most part and since the PS3 version of ME2 already had most of the DLC packs included this new trilogy set is the same.

IGN has a chart of which version includes what:

ioGXYkbFNe2zs.png

Patryn

Nope. They're just pressing new discs of the original games in new packaging for the most part and since the PS3 version of ME2 already had most of the DLC packs included this new trilogy set is the same.

ioGXYkbFNe2zs.png

Isn't Firewalker part of the Cerberus Network pass? I seem to recall it was free originally on the 360.

ioGXYkbFNe2zs.png
This is inaccurate. PS3 ME2 came with Cerberus armor and weapon and 360 ME2 came with fire walker through Cerberus network.

Killthee

Isn't Firewalker part of the Cerberus Network pass? I seem to recall it was free originally on the 360.

This is inaccurate. PS3 ME2 came with Cerberus armor and weapon and 360 ME2 came with fire walker through Cerberus network.
Yeah you guys are right, both of those packs are part of the Cerberus Network iirc. The chart is also a bit misleading listing Extended Cut with all the other paid DLC. It's a free download on all platforms iirc.

- J - D -

So we're sure that the trilogy set won't have the EC included on the ME3 disc? That's so weird and counter-productive. You'd think they wouldn't want to risk having newcomers not knowing about it.

Killthee

So we're sure that the trilogy set won't have the EC included on the ME3 disc? That's so weird and counter-productive. You'd think they wouldn't want to risk having newcomers not knowing about it.
They want to avoid having to pay new certification fees so they're just pressing what they already have certified. It's the reason why the PS3 version is 3 disc instead of 1 or 2, why the PS3 version is coming out a month later, why ME 360 isn't getting any improvements, and why EC won't be on the ME3 disc.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Any word on whether or not this is a "limited release"? I'm thinking of trading in my copies of ME and ME2 towards Halo 4 and just picking up this in a month or two, but I want to make sure I can actually do that in a month or so...

v0mitg0d

Sorry for the bump if it's unnecessary, however I'm curious if anyone picked this up? Thinking about getting it for a relative and would like to hear thoughts of the total package.

Patryn

Sorry for the bump if it's unnecessary, however I'm curious if anyone picked this up? Thinking about getting it for a relative and would like to hear thoughts of the total package.

Consensus seems to be that ME1 on the PS3 runs slightly better than the 360 version, but has longer save/load times.

Beyond that, it's exactly the same ME2 and ME3 that have been out for a while now.

Ditto on the 360. It's simply a repackaging of the retail ME1, ME2 and ME3. Should be noted that the 360 version doesn't come with all the DLC that the PS3 version does.

Untouched. Barring ME1 on PS3, it was simply a repackaging.

Based on their past excuses, "It would require some massive multi-GB patch due to the way the textures were packaged", this would have been a good opportunity to fix that but I guess going back into the PC code wasn't worth the effort.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You can fix Garrus face by yourself, so it's not like you're forced to deal with his low res face. Yay for PC mods!

Melchiah

Which of those that are not included are worth paying for?

Would like to keep a handy list of DLC to download :)

Also, how well is it integrated into the games? Should I download and play Leviathon before finishing ME3?

From Ashes (not for the mission, but the character), Extended Cut, and Leviathan & Omega which are not on the list.

EDIT: And yes, you should play Leviathan before finishing the game. And if possible, play the game with the From Ashes' character, he adds a lot of interesting dialogue to certain missions, and inbetween them.

Patryn

Which of those that are not included are worth paying for?

Would like to keep a handy list of DLC to download :)

Also, how well is it integrated into the games? Should I download and play Leviathon before finishing ME3?

Definitely:

From Ashes
Extended Cut
Leviathan (not listed)

If you want some cool guns in ME2:
Firepower Pack

Maybe, if you enjoy the combat:

Arrival
Omega (not listed)

ALL the ME3 DLC naturally integrates before the ending. I highly, highly, highly recommend playing it before beating the game.

Patryn

I wouldn't put those on the same line, as Omega was far better and longer than Arrival.

Popular opinion is that it's a mediocre DLC. Generally you'll enjoy it only if you like Aria, like Omega and like the combat.

It also costs $15, which many people feel is way overpriced.

Basically, I still stand wholly behind my list.

Melchiah

Popular opinion is that it's a mediocre DLC.

It also costs $15, which many people feel is way overpriced.

Basically, I still stand wholly behind my list.

Perhaps it was a bit overpriced, although it was longer (3-4 hours for me) than some of the previous ones and Arrival, but as it has no effect on the ending, you could wait until its price goes down.

Cheers guys. Is this about right?:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/5743/medlc.jpg

Also, any tips on when to play the dlc, or are From Ashes and Leviathon the only two that are really affected by that? Also, do you pick the missions from a list, or are they integrated into the storyline? Is it all on-disc?

Anything else I should know in general to add to my chart?

Cheers again :)

Melchiah

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5743/medlc.jpg

Also, any tips on when to play the dlc, or are From Ashes and Leviathon the only two that are really affected by that? Also, do you pick the missions from a list, or are they integrated into the storyline? Is it all on-disc?

Yep, that seems right. =)

You should play From Ashes when you start ME3, and Leviathan before you finish it. AFAIK, the latter only affects the ending.

You get an e-mail, and the missions are added to your journal.

Killthee

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5743/medlc.jpg

It's integrated into the game. There's a galaxy map you use to select your next destination/mission. DLC missions will add themselves to the map.

I believe the ME DLC (BDtS) and some of the ME2 DLC (Kasumi, Overlord, Shadow Broker) is on disc, everything else is a download.

Massa

Does this game has any kind of online pass that'll prevent me from getting all the content if I buy it used? For PS3.

Mass Effect 2 has an online pass for the Cerberus Network stuff, which is pretty unnecessary if you're playing Mass Effect 1 (otherwise it was very useful for the comic). Mass Effect 3 also has an online pass, though it's just for multiplayer.

Patryn

Mass Effect 2 has an online pass for the Cerberus Network stuff, which is pretty unnecessary if you're playing Mass Effect 1 (otherwise it was very useful for the comic). Mass Effect 3 also has an online pass, though it's just for multiplayer.

Without the online pass, you will not get Zaeed, who is one of my favorite squadmates from ME2 and has a very interesting loyalty mission.

Top Bottom