• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive 1,320 ton statue of Guan Yu completed in Jingzhou city, China

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterAstro

I'd just like to say that we should be past the time where we are making un-ecological monuments. We're already wasting a ton of resources on normal living that we really don't need these things anymore.

Wish they had better use of their time, but, you know, China don't care.

Guan Yu is over rated. Dude's moveset is bad for mobs and he's too slow without his precious Red Hare, pffft. Give me a statue of Cow Cow instead :p

How many other statues are there on Urf? Looking at Google....

There are a shitload of statues! Imagine them all coming alive like in the Simpsons. Lol.

Being 'Murican, we got everybody beat though. There's nothing better than the good 'ole Statue of Libertay!
not serious

There are alot of Gods and Deities in statue form so..... the Statue Battle of The Future will be over pretty quick :/

Zaptruder

Banned
Yo Japan you going to take that? Time for a skyscraper sized statue of Honda Tadakatsu standing over Tokyo or something like a new version of the Colossus of Rhodes.

latest

They need a gundam version of this!

Ken

now, I admittedly know little about the Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Ancient Chinese history and mythology, but if video games have taught me anything, it's that Lu Bu is The Man and deserves to have giant statues erected in his name

Do not pursue Lu Bu [statues]

I'd just like to say that we should be past the time where we are making un-ecological monuments. We're already wasting a ton of resources on normal living that we really don't need these things anymore.

Wish they had better use of their time, but, you know, China don't care.

Why? Its good for the economy.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Looks like Liu Beis BENEVOLENCE overpowered Cow Cow AMBITION for who gets the first statue

Shame they picked a cool character that belonged to a kingdom of jobbers

Many of these new giant statues that keep popping up are built using North Korean forced labor. I wonder if that's the case here.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Guan Yu didn't sleep with his brothes Liu Bei's wife when he had the chance. He got extra points.

Lu Bu's home town should build an oneup ststue. He was from Innner Mongolia.

And the Lu Bu statue should murder anyone that gets too close to it.

Looks amazing, nothing else to say. Sounds like it's completely layered with Bronze, I wonder if they plan on letting it completely oxidize and turn green.

'"I doubt Guan Yu would approve of the fact that the government splashed out so much cash on constructing this sculpture. He advocated "justice" for the entire society," another argued.'

I love that China's version of the founding fathers argument revolves around the Dynasty Warriors.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yo Japan you going to take that? Time for a skyscraper sized statue of Honda Tadakatsu standing over Tokyo or something like a new version of the Colossus of Rhodes.

latest

Oh, this SO needs to happen.

'"I doubt Guan Yu would approve of the fact that the government splashed out so much cash on constructing this sculpture. He advocated "justice" for the entire society," another argued.'

I love that China's version of the founding fathers argument revolves around the Dynasty Warriors.

You have a Japanese id, surely you know the Three Kingdom stories are more popular in Asian than Homer Epic Poems in the West.

The correct question to ask is who don't we have an Odyssey Warriors video game.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You have a Japanese id, surely you know the Three Kingdom stories are more popular in Asian than Homer Epic Poems in the West.

The correct question to ask is who don't we have an Odyssey Warriors video game.

We've actually come as close as we'll probably ever get already, and from Koei no less.

hOaBj9O.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.