• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Master of Magic – 20 years old today, and still in many ways the King of fantasy 4X

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Holy shit, this brings back memories :D I played this together with my brother, getting all excited when we managed to summon a new champion, running over to the other room to get him and share it's awe.

ElFly

Kind of sad Master of Orion was never brought to newer platforms. It's a perfect game for a tablet, a lot of strategy without much bullshity details.

There are some clones but they are severely lacking.

Here's hoping for Wargaming to deliver. Tablet or PC or console. Come man.

Its an ok price. But ive never registered on steam or good old games. How does it work for old games? Do they deliver the package ready or do you have to install dosbox or something like it to make old games work?
It comes with a pre-configured version of DOSBox. All you need to do is to double-click on the executable install. Everything will (usually) work out of the box on modern systems.

Nikodemos

Man, genociding a race the long way (building then disbanding settlers) is so damn slooow. Wish I remembered to turn on the "raze city" option from the beginning. Damn gnolls and their crap tech.

Top Bottom