• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matador |OT| new action series, pilot directed by Robert Rodriguez - Tues. on El Rey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molina's daughter is utterly intolerable. Utterly.

I just started the fourth episode.

She been kidnapped. Oh snap.

Richie is so douchey,haha.

I love how Alfred Molina is just so chill with his players' moms just randomly dropping by.

Ow, they ripped out her tooth. This guy's such a dick. Is that the first f-bomb of this show?

Tony's a shitty soccer player

Every week this show gets more batshit insane and I love it.

Galan is obviously trying to restore the Olmec empire with magic artifacts and his army of mercenaries and supersoldiers cloned from his team players.

I watched the pilot and I thought it was utter garbage.

Does it get any better?
How could you think ot was garbage? Other than Rodrgigiez's lame humor it was pretty schway. It was the next evolution of a USA Network show mixed with some Latin flavor and a hot Australian.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Cinematography is pretty meh and the humor is just poor. It had plenty of it, but many (most?) of the jokes fell flat :/

That blonde sure is pretty, though.

I've been a little behind on this, so today i watched 3 episodes i missed.
And this show is fun. It's not really well written, but it's fun. Tony Bravo is a good protagonist, there is some humor, and there are hot girls. Good summer tv.
I also wanted to talk about censorship. This show is on basic cable, but there were already 2 brief nude scenes and 2 uncesored f-bombs.

I also wanted to talk about censorship. This show is on basic cable, but there were already 2 brief nude scenes and 2 uncesored f-bombs.

There's no legal reason why any cable channel can't have Starz level nudity and swearing if they wish. They don't because they would lose advertisers and cost themselves money in the long run.

Poor Noah got mindfucked to hell and back there. He still held out like a champ (OR DID HE ??), it's cool that even though he's a bit of a jerk he's also a very good agent. Usually the person in his role is also an incompetent buffoon. Noah's cover stories are so over the top they work as no one would think this guy trying way too hard would be law enforcement. And he quoted Alfred Molina's 'toss me the idol' line.

We also got the obligatory evil chick to face off against Annie and Galan being way too cozy with the Bravo family so all the pieces for the finale are in place.

Just finished episode four. Absolutely love this show. It owns its' premise. Which is a rarity in post modern entertainment. Hoping for season two!

Lol at episode 8. WTF did i just watch?

Immortal Gaius Baltar who want to kill most of the world so his rich cronies have more room.

It was fairly obvious as soon as it became clear Galan answered to someone he would eventually join the Good Guys. He's just too much fun to be really evil.

One odd thing is how Nicky Whelan's crazy hair has suddenly changed direction. Turn to the Dark Side ? Evil Twin ? Or just a bad day at the hair & wardrobe department ?

n7NcZHy.jpg

51yIMTh.jpg

Immortal Gaius Baltar who want to kill most of the world so his rich cronies have more room.

It was fairly obvious as soon as it became clear Galan answered to someone he would eventually join the Good Guys. He's just too much fun to be really evil.

One odd thing is how Nicky Whelan's crazy hair has suddenly changed direction. Turn to the Dark Side ? Evil Twin ? Or just a bad day at the hair & wardrobe department ?

n7NcZHy.jpg

51yIMTh.jpg

There's professional Nicky and then there's down-and-dirty Nicky.

<3 both.

Holy shiy, Gaius Baltar is fucking insane.

Gallant looks so freaked out. That's a horrible way to die.

And all throughout, Samuel is fucking shit up. Shiiiiiet.

Vert boil

Guess I'm king plonker for buying into Samuel being a badass and not paying attention to Noah being drugged.

As for last nights episode,
RIP Samuel. You were too kool for this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom