• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matt-IGN: No Kid Icarus tomorrow

My prediction for tomorrow's show:

- Stats
- DS Games
- DS Lite Slim unveiled
- WiiWare Talk, Games
- New Wii Channel
- Guitar Hero IV Demo/Showing + DLC Solution Revealed
- Animal Crossing Wii (Holiday 2008 Release)
- Pikmin 3 Demo or Trailer (Possible Holiday 2008 release, probably Spring 09)
- Random Wii Games Nintendo doesn't care about, but will show off anyway
- Hardcore Title for Holiday utilizing MotionPlus device

Internet is like "wow, underwheleming".

Prove me wrong Nintendo. I will be happy if you do.

Linkhero1

TSA said:

- Stats
- DS Games
- DS Lite Slim unveiled
- WiiWare Talk, Games
- New Wii Channel

I sure hope it doesn't end up that way instead:

-Stats
-DS Games
-Wiiware Games Revealed
-More States
-Pikmin 3, AC and Punchout shown
-Montage of third party games
-Donkey Kong, Paper Mario 3, F-Zero WX and Stafox coming this Winter
-More Stats
-Wii Music
-Zelda Trailer Shown - Game will use 1:1 coming out 2009

You know you want it :D

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Watch, they do something that will completely shock us and announce DS2.

I hope not, but it would certainly be a hoot.

Jammy

Banned
TSA said:

- Stats
- DS Games
- DS Lite Slim unveiled
- WiiWare Talk, Games
- New Wii Channel

There's nothing underwhelming about that.

New DS games, a second re-design for the handheld, a new Wii channel, a storage solution, AC: City Folk, Pikmin 3, and the title using the MotionPlus add-on are all NEW.

That's something that left me severely disappointed with Microsoft's conference. There was nothing new.

Deku

Banned
TSA said:

- Stats (Not the Grand Canyon More like Valles Marineris )
- DS Games
- WiiWare Talk, Games
- New Wii Channel (Weight Watchers Wii)
- Guitar Hero IV Demo/Showing + DLC Solution Revealed (buy a 2nd Wii)
- Animal Crossing Wii (Holiday 2008 Release) (with no online)
- Pikmin 3 Demo or Trailer (Possible Holiday 2008 release, probably Spring 09) (developed by NST)
- Random Wii Games Nintendo doesn't care about, but will show off anyway (yes but there won't be any games to show)
- Hardcore Title for Holiday utilizing MotionPlus device (yes, Zelda FPA)

fixed

Honestly then, should I even care about tomorrow? What the hell else does Nintendo have to show? I could really care less about Animal Crossing.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Deku said:

250px-Racheldratchdebbie.jpg

d+pad

Fourth Storm said:
Honestly then, should I even care about tomorrow? What the hell else does Nintendo have to show? I could really care less about Animal Crossing.

Uh, maybe you should actually wait until tomorrow to say that? Did you expect this morning's announcement? I'm guessing not.

d+pad

yoopoo said:
I'd assume Nintendo's big holiday game is Animal Crossing.

I'm pretty sure even Nintendo doesn't consider AC a 'core' game... Not that I care - I'd be fine with just AC tomorrow. Well, sort of.

NewLib

Banned
Fourth Storm said:

Wii Music, Animal Crossing, and Pikmin 3 are likely to be the focus of the show.

There could be some small third party titles. I also expect either a new Zelda game or the new Retro game to show a trailer.

Jammy

Banned
Fourth Storm said:

:lol Are you serious? Nintendo's show is still shrouded in secrecy. Did anybody expect the Wii MotionPlus add-on?

This is what E3's all about, people. New game announcements!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
We will be talking about Kid Icarus coming around the corner for like 10 years. Mark my words.

All I want from Nintendo is a software that goes with the Wii Motion plus.

zaxor0

I just hope a preview of the next zelda, a preview of a new punchout, or a new f-zero with online and leader board. One of those will appease me.

Jammy said:
:lol Are you serious? Nintendo's show is still shrouded in secrecy. Did anybody expect the Wii MotionPlus add-on?

Yeah, just because one game isn't going to be there doesn't mean they have nothing else in the pipeline.

Let's not overreact before Nintendo even has an opportunity to show their wares.

I'm pumped for tomorrow, Icarus or no Icarus.

Discomurf

-

Wow... why all the Matt-IGN hate?

I mean the game likely exists - is it his fault Nintendo has decided not to show it? Yeah it’s a bummer but at least he's letting people know what he knows ahead of time.

legend166

Mistouze said:
We will be talking about Kid Icarus coming around the corner for like 10 years. Mark my words.

All I want from Nintendo is a software that goes with the Wii Motion plus.

Obviously that's going to happen.

Discomurf said:
-

I mean the game likely exists - is it his fault Nintendo has decided not to show it? Yeah it’s a bummer but at least he's letting people know what he knows ahead of time.
It's his fault for hyping it up so much as being something that would be shown at E3. Otherwise, this thread would not exist.

Jammy said:

We will see how many games Nintendo reveals tomorrow, and of what quality. I'm not getting my hopes up anymore. I'm a Wii gamer, but it's going to take some seriously bad ass games to get me excited if Kid Icarus is a no-show - that was supposed to be their token to the hardcore. Sure, I'm interested in how Wii Music, Animal Crossing, and Pikmin turn out, but I can almost promise you that they won't make me say "Wow." That's just me though...

Grecco said:
He hasnt done his hot or not thing yet. Right?
Wasn't his hot or not last year wrong or just a joke? I know he did hot or not for 2004 with Zelda, and then for 2005 with Metroid, but I seem to recall those being his last serious or correct ones.

Vinci

Danish
Actually, now I'm really curious about something: If they're not showing Icarus tomorrow, what in god's name do they actually have to show that requires they rent out that theater and doesn't require the MotionPlus being revealed during the event?

NewLib

Banned
Vinci said:
Actually, now I'm really curious about something: If they're not showing Icarus tomorrow, what in god's name do they actually have to show that requires they rent out that theater and doesn't require the MotionPlus being revealed during the event?

What are you talking about? Icarus isnt 1/10 of the franchises Pikmin or Animal Crossing are popularity-wise.

Edit: Also I think the hot or not last year was Mario.

Vinci

Danish
NewLib said:
What are you talking about? Icarus isnt 1/10 of the franchises Pikmin or Animal Crossing are popularity-wise.

What I'm saying is that if Icarus isn't being shown there, and the MotionPlus was announced the day before their conference, and they rented out that theater -- they've got something to show us. And when I say 'us,' I mean gamers.

NewLib

Banned
pro_gamer666 said:
What's this "hot or not" thing Matt did with Zelda?

In 2004? I thought it was the reaction picture of them in 2003 where they all looked bored out of their mind and then next to it was a reaction picture of them going crazy.

OgnodoD

There is no Hot or Not yet, at least not by Matt. (Some jerkwad decided to have some fun and created a thread with that title.) Will post it when he does it though.

OgnodoD

pro_gamer, Hot or Not is where Matt posts a character from a Nintendo series in a thread title Hot or Not?. That character is always from the big game reveal the next day. It's his way of leaking news.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
pro_gamer666 said:
What's this "hot or not" thing Matt did with Zelda?

Matt apparently posts an Insider-only thread with just a picture which relates to the next big announcement Nintendo's going to make. He apparently posted the Spaceworld 2000 Link the night before the Twilight Princess reveal.

I forgot the other examples, could someone fill in for me?

Honestly, I'm not too surprised. Showing off Kid Icarus at E3 doesn't seem to mash well with Nintendo only wanting to show games when they're a few months away from being released. Considering Factor 5 finished Lair only a year ago, and knowing Nintendo would want the game to be polished to hell and back since it's a revival of a franchise, there's zero chance of the game being released anytime soon.

Grecco

Andrex said:
Matt apparently posts an Insider-only thread with just a picture which relates to the next big announcement Nintendo's going to make. He apparently posted the Spaceworld 2000 Link the night before the Twilight Princess reveal.

Hes done it for Metroid and Mario Galaxy

My final prediction for Nintendo.

Wii:

Wii MotionPlus
Wii storage solution
Wii DLC; retroactive

Punch-Out!! Wii
Pikmin Wii
Animal Crossing Wii
Wii Sports 2 (bundled with Wii MotionPlus)
Chibi-Robo! Wii
Kirby Wii
Wario Land: Shake It!
Star Fox Wii
Donkey Kong Wii
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Fatal Frame 4

DS:

dsmicro

Elite Beat Agents 2
Pokémon Platinum
Mother Compilation
Drill Dozer 2
Fire Emblem DS
Pokémon Ranger Batonnage
New Super Mario World
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Professor Layton and Pandora's Box
WarioWare DS sequel
Soma Bringer
Wander Donkey

WiiWare:

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Online
Metroid Dread
Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble 2

Virtual Console:

Advertising.

Crisis

Banned
snack said:
We have ******* banned, I think Matt Cassassimina should be banned from GAF. Everything he says is bullshit.

Fuck him.

I would agree with this except nobody can spell his name right and he would frequently avoid the ban filter.

Andrex said:

The next year I believe he posted a picture of Samus from Metroid Prime. This was E3 2005 where Nintendo showed the Wii console itself (no controller) and had a very short Metroid Prime 3 teaser.

A Link to the Snitch said:
My final prediction for Nintendo.

Wii:

Wii MotionPlus
Wii storage solution
Wii DLC; retroactive

Punch-Out!! Wii
Pikmin Wii
Animal Crossing Wii
Wii Sports 2 (bundled with Wii MotionPlus)
Chibi-Robo! Wii
Kirby Wii
Wario Land: Shake It!
Star Fox Wii
Donkey Kong Wii
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Fatal Frame 4

DS:

dsmicro

Elite Beat Agents 2
Pokémon Platinum
Mother Compilation
Drill Dozer 2
Fire Emblem DS
Pokémon Ranger Batonnage
New Super Mario World
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Professor Layton and Pandora's Box
WarioWare DS sequel
Soma Bringer
Wander Donkey

WiiWare:

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Online
Metroid Dread
Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble 2

Virtual Console:

Advertising.
Fuck man, thats the best e3 ever right there

Discomurf said:
-

He pulled some shit like this before. Look up Halo DS

Top Bottom