• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 Design and Tech video on Bullet Time - OUT NAO

Dual wielding Desert Eagles is pretty insane! Though, I've always been a Dual-SMG Payne lover myself.

Man, if Max survives this game, he's gonna have wicked arthritis in his hands in his more advanced years.

I wish this game was coming out tomorrow. The wait is getting difficult. Haven't been this hyped for a game in a while. Feels good man. Don't think I'll be disappointed. R* has made me a very happy man this whole gen.

I know. The anticipation expands exponentially with each passing day. I grow more and more antsy.

Amen to this! I thought that GTA just kept getting better with every Episode, Red Dead is a dream (fave game this gen!) and I loved L.A. Noire (even if the bodies were a little stiff!).

But I'm a Rockstar lover. Forever!

I love GTA4/Episodes and RDR, the R* developed stuff is great. But I hated LA Noire. So disappointing :(

dreamfall

Man, if Max survives this game, he's gonna have wicked arthritis in his hands in his more advanced years.

I know. The anticipation expands exponentially with each passing day. I grow more and more antsy.

I love GTA4/Episodes and RDR, the R* developed stuff is great. But I hated LA Noire. So disappointing :(

I think for me, L.A. Noire was just a marked departure from everything I expected. It was very slow, and some of those "Doubt" choices were hysterically funny. I'm also the type of gamer who could literally free roam the city with no objectives, and be perfectly happy. It was a strange foray into the adventure genre, and I respected their choice to revive the title after Team Bondi's terrible management.

But in-house Rockstar titles, my goodness. I'm a real sucker for everything they put out. Their narratives always feel so good. I think we've all wanted Max back, and this really is a dream come true!

Simo

New Max Payne 3 GTTV Sit down with James McCaffrey and Rob Nelson next Thursday (5/5) on Spike! Consider it HYPE!

Oh hell yeah!!! Thanks for the news! How fast does Gametrailers put GTTV online?

Also in case you guys missed it but part 2 of the Multiplayer video feature is going online next week too.

dreamfall

Oh hell yeah!!! Thanks for the news! How fast does Gametrailers put GTTV online?

Also in case you guys missed it but part 2 of the Multiplayer video feature is going online next week too.

I think it depends usually, but I swear it's usually up for HD on their website by late Friday night! GOODNESS! Can not wait for that new multiplayer featurette! It's all hapening so fast!

New Max Payne 3 GTTV Sit down with James McCaffrey and Rob Nelson next Thursday (5/5) on Spike! Consider it HYPE!

iD4HYJnOv5OF6.gif

I AM SO HAPPY.

Simo

Yeah it'd be May 4th.

I remember GTTV did something like that for Red Dead so more new footage during the show? Heck I'm just excited to see a video interview with McCaffrey.

dreamfall

Yeah it'd be May 4th.

I remember GTTV did something like that for Red Dead so more new footage during the show? Heck I'm just excited to see a video interview with McCaffrey.

He's such a BOSS. It's crazy to think he also did Motion capture this time around- truly Max in every way!

I still remember Jeronimo Barrera talking about Marston with Geoff. It was amazingly awesome!

Simo

He's such a BOSS. It's crazy to think he also did Motion capture this time around- truly Max in every way!

Well now that they modeled Max on McCaffrey your going to see a living breathing Max next Thursday. lol

Also the GTTV episode that just aired tonight is already up on Gametrailers so WIN!

dreamfall

Well now that they modeled Max on McCaffrey your going to see a living breathing Max next Thursday. lol

Also the GTTV episode that just aired tonight is already up on Gametrailers so WIN!

So fast! This is very promising indeed! More Max, all the time!

Fjordson

Oh man, hyped. This is going to sound weird, but has James McCaffrey ever been on camera talking about Max Payne? Only time I've ever seen him is in clips of his old cop show from the 90's. Should be interesting.

A shame it couldn't be Dan Houser and James. Head writer and star voice actor. Though I'd have to guess that the Houser brothers are deep in some underground R* bunker, feverishly preparing a second GTA V trailer :lol

And McNulty, I heart thee! (EXCEPT SEASON 5, WTFWEREYOUTHINKING!)
Lmfao. McNulty is the best, but wow @ season 5. Crazy bastard.

Simo

Did they mention next week's episode during tonight's ep? Just asking because I didn't catch anything at the end and Gametrailers lists the new episode due on May 10th.

dreamfall

Oh man, hyped. This is going to sound weird, but has James McCaffrey ever been on camera talking about Max Payne? Only time I've ever seen him is in clips of his old cop show from the 90's. Should be interesting.

A shame it couldn't be Dan Houser and James. Head writer and star voice actor. Though I'd have to guess that the Houser brothers are deep in some underground R* bunker, feverishly preparing a second GTA V trailer :lol

Lmfao. McNulty is the best, but wow @ season 5. Crazy bastard.

Those Houser brothers, are like G-men. Such Golden GODS! I've also never seen McCaffrey talk about Max Payne, so it'll be great to see him discuss his role. When that GTA V trailer hits, I think my heart may stop. Hell, they won't come to E3 because they know the universe wants it. Gangsters!

Still like Omar & Brother Mouzone the best, but McNulty was up there!

Did they mention next week's episode during tonight's ep? Just asking because I didn't catch anything at the end and Gametrailers lists the new episode due on May 10th.

It was definitely mentioned during a commercial break tonight. I also checked Spike TV's schedule, and it does show up on 5/4 in that midnight slot! Schedule

Simo

Those Houser brothers, are like G-men. Such Golden GODS! I've also never seen McCaffrey talk about Max Payne, so it'll be great to see him discuss his role. When that GTA V trailer hits, I think my heart may stop. Hell, they won't come to E3 because they know the universe wants it. Gangsters!

Still like Omar & Brother Mouzone the best, but McNulty was up there!

The Housers never make any public appearances or TV interviews and I think the 2 print interviews with McCaffrey posted online this week were the first time he's actually done any kind of interview for the Max Payne games.

It was definitely mentioned during a commercial break tonight. I also checked Spike TV's schedule, and it does show up on 5/4 in that midnight slot! Schedule

Ahhh yeah the Gametrailers.com doesn't have the commercials so it's not mentioned so that would explain it. Seems like Max Payne 3 is the focus of the episode rather than just a feature so we must be getting some new footage!!

The Housers never make any public appearances or TV interviews and I think the 2 print interviews with McCaffrey posted online this week were the first time he's actually done any kind of interview for the Max Payne games.

Ahhh yeah the Gametrailers.com doesn't have the commercials so it's not mentioned so that would explain it. Seems like Max Payne 3 is the focus of the episode rather than just a feature so we must be getting some new footage!!

OHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Jackpot

Banned
But it's not the only police issue gun though is it?

No, but it is the one used exclusively by the game's NYPD. As people have said, every graphic novel, box art, concept art used the beretta. It's an obvious thing that has bad implications if R* couldn't even get such a simple detail right.

and R* confirms
"Max's original go-to dual wielding pistols were of course the Berettas."

So as everyone tried to tell you, you were wrong.

I can't wait for all the raging when folks find out the Beretta technically isn't in the game.

I'm not fussed with that. Makes sense for Max to lose the police issue version and get given a Brazilian knock-off in return. That guy he's working for might even highlight the fact.

edit:

http://i.minus.com/i8Z7TdUjldlHi.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

'fraid it's the Taurus PT92, a Brazilian copy. It has the safety in a different position.

Tifou

Banned
from where you guys pre-ordered the game ?

steam or gamestop ? witch one is better for bonus

you have more from steam but from gamestop you get a multiplayer map

cant deside.. help me !! ;)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
from where you guys pre-ordered the game ?

steam or gamestop ? witch one is better for bonus

you have more from steam but from gamestop you get a multiplayer map

cant deside.. help me !! ;)

Steam.

5amshift

Banned
PS3 here. Was so hyped a few weeks ago I pre-ordered at Best Buy for the $10 gift card and the free first DLC pack. I probably won't play online that much, so I may give it to somebody here.

Announced on the R* page:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...sode-of-gametrailers-tv-coming-next-week.html

Those in the US, mark your calendars to tune in next week Thursday night May 3rd at 12:30AM on Spike TV, when GameTrailers TV will devote an entire episode as a special preview of Max Payne 3. Featuring exclusive interviews with Rockstar and James McCaffrey plus never-before-seen footage of the game, Max Payne fans and everyone getting excited for next month's game release won't want to miss it.

For international fans, no worries - the episode will be posted online in full within a few days following the broadcast at www.gametrailers.com/show/gametrailers-tv.

actual_1335394333.jpg

I would avoid almost any media from this. The one they did for GoW3 spoiled most of the game.

This is Rockstar though... wouldn't they be super-cautious with what footage they show? I imagine if they show anything, it'll be from the Stadium level or Bar level. Or Docks. You know, something that was already revealed.

Though I'm in it for the interviews, I can block the other stuff out if it starts getting too spoilery.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is Rockstar though... wouldn't they be super-cautious with what footage they show? I imagine if they show anything, it'll be from the Stadium level or Bar level. Or Docks. You know, something that was already revealed.

Though I'm in it for the interviews, I can block the other stuff out if it starts getting too spoilery.

I want to see the interviews too but I'm just going to avoid any gameplay vids from that just to be safe. I really regretted watching the GoW3 one even though Keighley said there was very little spoilery beforehand.

Excited, but also worried about spoilers too. GT is well know for spoiling shit. Though, I remember a similar special they had for Red Dead didn't spoil anything for me.

But I swear to god, if they show something that we should be surprised by, like a classic dream sequence or something I will be pissed.

From R*'s Facebook page:

Eric Montgomery: ok don't listen to your fans, keep plugging that stupid max payne game, see if i buy anymore of your games, can't even make bully 2 like everyone wants nor give us anymore info on why we keep you around (gta5), why keep it so dang secret for?

tumblr_lk6vauSAms1qcgfwl.gif

and then the following exchange

Javin Webster: Wish people would shut up about GTA 5. As soon as R* gets Max Payne is out the door and is supported to its full extent, then is when you will see more information on GTAV. Rockstar supports one game at a time people. Besides that, wouldn't you want to play Max Payne 3 seeing as how it is written by the same person who wrote some of the other GTA games? Pretty stoked about this awesomeness. Only a couple more weeks. To be honest I would play this game over GTA anyday.

Eric Montgomery: javin stop brown nosing, and you shut your text hole, i'll...no, WE will text about what we want nazi boy.

FINALBOSS

Banned
I love the bullet-holes in the enemies.

I hope they expand on that like they did in RDR.

When you shot someone in the head in RDR you could see the brains/bones sticking out the exit wound.

Simo

FUCKING...
New screen!

485288_10150861712860097_51752540096_12224600_1654044025_n.jpg

...HYPED!

Those roof slates look a little unsteady though.

Most likely. Their RDR special hardly spoiled anything and only showcased like 2 or 3 cutscenes but I get the cautious nature given that yeah, they spoiled the shit out of GOW3.

Not sure if I'm gonna watch that GTTV episode next week. I kind of don't want to spoil anything else for myself. Gonna see what people say about it and see how much it delves into the story side of things.

Fjordson

Can't wait to watch, I remember staying up for the Red Dead one two years ago. It actually had a lot of good info, new gameplay, and new cutscenes, so I'm excited to see this one for Max. And for Red Dead they didn't spoil anything, so I'm sure R* will be careful of that for this as well.

Top Bottom