• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 Design and Tech video on Bullet Time - OUT NAO

Jarmel

Banned
My mind is blown at how big this game is. Are they just dumping uncompressed everything with hours of video? On the PC, the install size is larger than TOR. TOR for gods sake.

I mean unless at the end of the game they give you an open city to run around, this doesn't make a lick of sense.

Riggs

Banned
Just shutting off my mind untill May 30th. Not buying this game twice, although I almost considered doing 360 version then getting PC. Will just play the ever loving shit out of D3 and get this 30th. Rock on max settings I shall!

I assume the OT will have a place for people to meet up in multi. I've never really messed with any of R*'s multiplayer simply because I've had no one to play their games with, but would interested to get some games in with GAF.

Jtrizzy

My hype for this game has gotten so bad that it got me to watch episodes of the cancelled UPN show Swift Justice starring the voice actor for Payne, James McCaffrey on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JejIOw3NBfo#t=278s

"I'm Max....Swift how you doing?"
image.php

kaskade

Oh man I'm pumped for the GTTV episode. More footage is good. Rockstar is pretty controlling though so I doubt there's going to be any spoilery stuff.

Wanted to do some artsy black and white photos based on the PC screenshots, didn't turn out as well as I had expected :(

I recommend going in and actually spotting in a lot of the blacks by hand, instead of letting the filters to a lot of the work for you. You will end up with a much cleaner image instead of having some of those left over artifacts.

Simo

Wanted to do some artsy black and white photos based on the PC screenshots, didn't turn out as well as I had expected :(

Those turned out awesome, in fact I'd love to see more done!

thanks, i guess I'll just rent it since I have no interest in MP

Just don't get the 360 version from the Redbox then otherwise you're screwed.

GTTV preview for next week's episode..
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/max-payne-gttv-presents/729666

"Featuring a never-before-seen chapter".

Fjordson

Don't mean to go off topic, but just in case anyone was curious, the "Jacked: The Outlaw Story of Grand Theft Auto" book that theAntagonist posted about earlier is actually pretty good. A lot of is about Grand Theft Auto, but it also goes into Rockstar's issues with Manhunt, Jack Thompson and various other politicians, the Hot Coffee scandal in San Andreas, the early days of GTA with DMA Design, etc. Interesting stuff!

Don't mean to go off topic, but just in case anyone was curious, the "Jacked: The Outlaw Story of Grand Theft Auto" book that theAntagonist posted about earlier is actually pretty good. A lot of is about Grand Theft Auto, but it also goes into Rockstar's issues with Manhunt, Jack Thompson and various other politicians, the Hot Coffee scandal in San Andreas, the early days of GTA with DMA Design, etc. Interesting stuff!

Good to hear. I plan to get around to reading it someday hopefully soon.

Simo

wait, why is that?

Because the 360 version is on 2 DVDs with half of single player and multiplayer on disc 1 and the other half of single player on disc 2. Redbox doesn't rent out multi-disc games so they'll only have disc 1 for rent which is great if you want to play multiplayer...not so great for single player.

Whoaaaaa, now I'm hesitant about watching it.

Being that I'm glutton for all Max Payne news and media I'll be checking it out as soon as it's on Gametrailers or YouTube, whichever comes first.

cacophony

Because the 360 version is on 2 DVDs with half of single player and multiplayer on disc 1 and the other half of single player on disc 2. Redbox doesn't rent out multi-disc games so they'll only have disc 1 for rent which is great if you want to play multiplayer...not so great for single player.

oh damn, thanks for the heads up.

From the R* Newswire about spoilers on the GTTV episode:

@rpaulm30 @Bigdragon8me Rest assured that we have taken careful steps to be sure a very large portion of the game goes unspoiled until you get the chance to play the game for yourself, just as we do with all of our titles, hope you enjoy the episode this week

Simo

From the R* Newswire about spoilers on the GTTV episode:

Nice though I'm wondering is an actual area we haven't seen period or could be more footage of a chapter we've seen a few screens of and had some media write ups on, like the Favela area for example?

Simo

How much of the game do you think they've shown so far in the released footage?

I'm not sure but we've seen a few areas like the Football stadium, Branco offices, the Favelas, Bus Depot, the docks and the rooftop nightclub.

Like the previous games Max Payne 3 is made up of 3 parts with each part having numerous chapters. Like the football stadium for example is Part #, Chapter # "Just Another Day at the Office." Not sure on the actual part or chapter number though.

Simo

The 360 version has MP on both disc's or just the first?

Just on disc 1. Only single player is split up.

Oh, I'm dumb. Sorry. I never visit the official website for games.

Nah man it's all good. You should check out the official site though as they're always posting new stuff plus you can usually shoot the shit with Rockstar themselves in the comments section. Like for example, asking them to get their asses online for the midnight launch so we can tear it up! =D

They also drop hints in the comments about upcoming features or news like today where they dropped news about a new feature coming soon about the making of the game from motion capture to the recording sessions:
@Sprunk95 No it does not. Stay tuned though as we should have a special look at the making of Max Payne 3 in the weeks ahead

@DGSimo Awesome idea. We'll see you online then, sir.

@Sprunk95 Meaning a look at the game's motion-capture, voice-acting sessions and more - hopefully we'll have that for you soon

Top Bottom