• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

miserable

18700297_1364058730354983_8168610491224432008_n.jpg

I'm still in shock that that segment flat out said that if you watch Raw or SmackDown on a regular basis, you might as well be a huge fucking dork.

Like, this is Vince LITERALLY telling everyone left paying attention to this shit to do something else with your lives.
That segment must've been horrible, good thing I didn't watch it.

I like Alexa but fuck if feuding with her doesn't seem to be this bizarre curse for whoever her opponent is. Becky and Bayley have both come off like utter chumps feuding with her because Alexa always ends it being the one left standing.

I like Alexa but fuck if feuding with her doesn't seem to be this bizarre curse for whoever her opponent is. Becky and Bayley have both come off like utter chumps feuding with her because Alexa always ends it being the one left standing.
Like I said, Alexa is like the wwe network. They both have no Heat.

I'm still in shock that that segment flat out said that if you watch Raw or SmackDown on a regular basis, you might as well be a huge fucking dork.

Like, this is Vince LITERALLY telling everyone left paying attention to this shit to do something else with your lives.

'Mr. McMahon, are you sure? Are you sure you want to mock the product we're trying to sell?'

'I said call them all nerds, damnit!"

And people act like Vince is dumb. He's trying to help!

Man, remember when Roman Reigns literally closed Mania by retiring the Undertaker, and the response was unanimously "this is the worst thing WWE's done all year"

That was not even 2 full months ago and it's been repeatedly topped since

MG310

I can't recall exactly when but I'm pretty sure they did that same shit with AJ Lee at one point.

They deserve these low ratings. What an awful show.

Wonder if USA will choose to not renew them, or to cut the amount they pay them.

At the rate they're losing viewers, they may not even be the #1 cable show (using whatever metric they do to boast this) on tv by the time the contract review happens. And we know their ad revenue is pathetic.

And this isn't even a three hour thing, it's just that unless it's about Braun, Vince has lost touch. He thinks all this crap is good.

Sephzilla

They deserve these low ratings. What an awful show.

Wonder if USA will choose to not renew them, or to cut the amount they pay them.

At the rate they're losing viewers, they may not even be the #1 cable show (using whatever metric they do to boast this) on tv by the time the contract review happens. And we know their ad revenue is pathetic.

The only way USA will even consider dropping WWE is if they suddenly get a couple of hot shows that do WWE-level ratings. Basically, Vince better pray that USA doesn't find another hit show soon.

Kaladin

The only way USA will even consider dropping WWE is if they suddenly get a couple of hot shows that do WWE-level ratings. Basically, Vince better pray that USA doesn't find another hit show soon.

Have you seen Colony? It's good underrated sci-fi.

“Colony” averages a 0.3 rating among adults 18-49 and 814,000 viewers the night it airs, off some from its Season 1 marks of 0.4 and 1.13 million viewers. It typically doubles its 18-49 rating and more than doubles its total audience with a week of DVR and on-demand viewing.

Sephzilla

how bad are the other shows on usa doing if raw still manages to be among their highest rated stuff

USA lost a lot of their pretty decent shows in the last few years. Psych, White Collar, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs... Most of them were shows that were 4+ seasons and had solid followings

Kaladin

USA lost a lot of their pretty decent shows in the last few years. Psych, White Collar, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs... Most of them were shows that were 4+ seasons and had solid followings

They seem to have another hit in Shooter if it can build on the .5 it has averaged in the first season.

Speaking of heat between Bret and Shawn, in his latest column, for the Calgary Sun, Bret wrote about taking time off and deciding his future later. As for Shawn, he wrote that he doesn't think Shawn is a good role model for children and suggested Michaels got beaten up in Syracuse because he behaves like an asshole a lot of the time. He also throws some shade at Ultimate Warrior, saying that Warrior was more tired after his 2 minute match with Helmsley than Bret was after going 62 minutes with Shawn.
Lmao

Also Meltzer reported that the original plan for Bret vs Shawn was meant to be 2 falls each and then sudden death.

Kaladin

It's kind of telling that they have this whole segment, but the only thing they show of the Bayley / Alexa Bliss segment on Youtube is Bayley charging the ring and the fight that ensues.

bayley's probably gonna lose on sunday which makes this whole thing worse

The funny thing is that because of thar segment they basically fucked it up no matter what they dio.

If Bayley loses she looks like a fool

If she wins then why the fuck did you beat her in her hometown last month... Bliss isn't any stronger or weaker with a lame duck on month reign as champion than had she just lost at Payback.

Like they booked themselves into an angle where Bayley losing would be so stupid even in the eyes of a Bliss mark like myself... but then why bother with a Bliss title reign at all right now.

If they still plan on Bliss as long term champion then this booking is basically a burial of Bayley

I don't have a problem with Bliss beating on Bayley. The whole thing with Bayley is she's an underdog, someone who got bullied and that's what Bliss is doing to her. It just doesn't need to be done in the most cringeworthy way possible.

The funny thing is that because of thar segment they basically fucked it up no matter what they dio.

If Bayley loses she looks like a fool

If she wins then why the fuck did you beat her in her hometown last month... Bliss isn't any stronger or weaker with a lame duck on month reign as champion than had she just lost at Payback.
The same thing happened to Becky when she feuded with Alexa. Every segment ended with Alexa on top, saying Becky was a fluke and a one hit wonder and then come TLC, Alexa won the belt making her look absolutely right and Becky an idiot and now the same is happening to Bayley.

This shift from Alexa to cowardly heel to borderline monster heel is just weird as fuck.

One of the more baffling feuds WWE's had in modern memory, and definitely one of the segments that will either be repressed or remembered as one of the worst all time

And people act like Vince is dumb. He's trying to help!

Man, remember when Roman Reigns literally closed Mania by retiring the Undertaker, and the response was unanimously "this is the worst thing WWE's done all year"

That was not even 2 full months ago and it's been repeatedly topped since

Whoa, what topped it?

The same thing happened to Becky when she feuded with Alexa. Every segment ended with Alexa on top, saying Becky was a fluke and a one hit wonder and then come TLC, Alexa won the belt making her look absolutely right and Becky an idiot and now the same is happening to Bayley.

This shift from Alexa to cowardly heel to borderline monster heel is just weird as fuck.

Ehhh that worked because then the exact opposite happened with Naomi where Naomi bested Bliss at every opportunity.

This is just absurd because they've booked themselves into a corner

I just realized your new avatar. Keep up the good work

Thanks XD

Ehhh that worked because then the exact opposite happened with Naomi where Naomi bested Bliss at every opportunity.

This is just absurd because they've booked themselves into a corner
If anything Naomi beating Bliss for the title in like two weeks after Becky spent several months failing just made Becky look even more like an idiot.

I mean, Becky luckily has the Ambrose and Wyatt luck of somehow managing to remain over no matter how bad their booking gets, but like her biggest win post winning the belt which happened in September was that match with Mickie at EC but other then that she's had nothing. They keep using her to get the latest threat over instead of just using her for something to help her out.

If anything Naomi beating Bliss for the title in like two weeks after Becky spent several months failing just made Becky look even more like an idiot.

I mean, Becky luckily has the Ambrose and Wyatt luck of somehow managing to remain over no matter how bad their booking gets, but like her biggest win post winning the belt which happened in September was that match with Mickie at EC but other then that she's had nothing.

Becky made a new star though.

And then through Bliss Naomi was made a star.

Bliss wouldn't be where she is without the push over Becky... and like you said it didn't really didn't make Becky less over.

Fox318

Bret was almost never wrong.

Had Vince chosen him over HBK we would have had no HHH rise to power and who knows how many people would still be alive.

Hell WCW might still be around.

Top Bottom