• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maybe I am a maladjusted weirdo?

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
When people have stickers on their cars saying "In loving memory of such and such 19xx-20xxx" is it their car or their driving that is in loving memory of the deceased?

Pagusas

Elden Member
I have a photo and a plaque saying "in loving memory" of my dog who died a few years ago on my office shelf, does that make the shelf the object of the statement? You are smarter than this OP.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
After the other thread and the title of this one, I'm not sure if the joke missed the mark or if you're genuinely asking this.
Genuinely curious and why would someone dedicate either to a loved one that is deceased? These are the questions that keep me up at night.

badblue

Genuinely curious and why would someone dedicate either to a loved one that is deceased? These are the questions that keep me up at night.

In my area, there are poles with crosses and dates on them indicating that someone died there. So if someone has a memorially sticker on their car.... maybe its a record of their first kill?

(A Lawyer once told me: "it's cheaper to kill someone then pay for their medical bills for the rest of their life if you run them over.")

DKehoe

Grief and remembering loved ones just works differently for different people. I can’t say I’d have a sticker like that on my car either but if that’s what works for them then fair enough. Sometimes people just like to keep a reminder of a lost loved one in their every day life.

QSD

They are required to have that by law if they hit and killed that person with that car

Grief and remembering loved ones just works differently for different people. I can’t say I’d have a sticker like that on my car either but if that’s what works for them then fair enough. Sometimes people just like to keep a reminder of a lost loved one in their every day life.

This comes to mind:

Son races deceased father's ghost in Xbox racer, makes internet cry

My partners dad died 6 years ago and she still keeps his Omega wrist watch with her. If she started putting up 'In Loving Memory Of' stickers on my car or our house then there'd be a problem lol.

dr_octagon

Banned
Do you listen to Iron Maiden, baby or are you just a maladjusted weirdo baby?

You're a creep, you're a maladjusted weirdo. what the hell you posting for? You don't belong here.

Maladjusted jeans, threads about the car, the whole forum is looking at you. Honda with the stickers and OP got low low low low.

Winter John

Gold Member
Not RIP stickers, but back in 2004 my Red Sox neighbor had a huge man crush on Johnny Damon. He had stickers of him on his truck. Posters in his garage. He even had a cardboard cut out of the guy. Then Damon signed for the Yankees and broke my neighbor's heart. I have never seen a man look so betrayed. He was like a teenager who's caught his girlfriend with another guy.

Top Bottom