• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MC of Nintendo 3DS Euro event claims surprises, fans speculate maybe Metroid 3DS

Boney

Banned
Hey guys Retro should do that new Starfox game, and the new Mother game, and that new Street Fighter game!

Shiggy

Would they really reveal a Metroid game in Europe? MP Hunters 2 is already out of the question due to casualised NST.

Boney said:
Hey guys Retro should do that new Starfox game, and the new Mother game, and that new Street Fighter game!

we'll get nintendo working so efficiently that all games will be made by one studio. even ones they don't make

Codeblue

I wouldn't mind a Metroid that played like Other M, with a few touch ups of course, but without totally ruining the characters. I really want them to do some damage control and make Samus awesome again.

I also wouldn't mind another Hunters. It was a terrible Metroid game, but my friends and I had fun with the multiplayer.

XPE

Sorry guy but I don’t see this happening some how with metroid other m just released, I don’t think Nintendo will be that quick to follow it up.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EatChildren said:
The saddest part is that in some areas, specifically programmable shaders, the 3DS outclasses the Wii quite easily.

The 3DS has fixed shaders though, doesn't it? It's just there are more of them and they are better.

Riou

I would really like if they remade metroid 2, basically do a metroid zero mission but for metroid 2. That would be hype.

Gravijah

XPE said:
Sorry guy but I don’t see this happening some how with metroid other m just released, I don’t think Nintendo will be that quick to follow it up.

MP 1, 2, 3, metroid pinball and metroid prime hunters all came out relatively close... Besides, this game would be years away.

Boney said:
But Zero Mision is better than Super in every possible way.

zero mission isn't better than super in the critiera of "being a super nintendo game"

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Boney said:
But Zero Mision is better than Super in every possible way.

Zero Mission is inferior to the original NES release of Metroid. It's a pussy-arsed version of a challenging if somewhat stiff title.

The parts with Zero Suit Samus are boss, though.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
EmCeeGramr said:
I don't even get this thing people have been saying. It's not like Metroid at all.

The way the puzzle pieces are hidden reminds me a lot of how power-ups are concealed in Super Metroid.

It is admittedly a bit of a stretch, but you can tell that Retro Studios used their experience in Prime to enhance the collect-a-thon aspect of the game.

Boney

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Zero Mission is inferior to the original NES release of Metroid. It's a pussy-arsed version of a challenging if somewhat stiff title.

The parts with Zero Suit Samus are boss, though.
If you think the whole appeal of Metroid is getting stuck on lava and die sure. Do the 15% challenge run on Hard mode for the best Artwork and tell me it's a pussified version. And not only that, the game is intricately designed, allowing for multiple ways to play it. It's the Metroid formula perfected.

Shiggy

Gravijah said:
MP 1, 2, 3, metroid pinball and metroid prime hunters all came out relatively close... Besides, this game would be years away.

Nintendo does not reveal games that won't see a release within one year, unless they are from a major franchise (Wii _, Mario, Zelda). Thus it would not be years away.

And who should develop this Metroid game? It would be from SPD or a studio which has never done a Metroid title before.

NST is busy with escaping rooms, Retro is not doing MP anymore and with Fuse Games/Silverball Studios Nintendo does not work together anymore.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
As long as it's as far away from Other M as possible.

Gravijah

Shiggy said:
Nintendo does not reveal games that won't see a release within one year, unless they are from a major franchise (Wii _, Mario, Zelda). Thus it would not be years away.

And who should develop this Metroid game? It would be from SPD or a studio which has never done a Metroid title before.

Metroid isn't a major franchise anymore? :( 'Sides, we've had games like Animal Crossing revealed and they might not even be out within a year of their reveal.

Emitan

Big One said:
Maybe it's just a port of Other M
Nintendo wouldn't announce this at a conference. They'd send out a press release so that no Nintendo employees would be put in danger.

Yazan

I love Zero Mission and Fusion. But you can't even compare them to Super Metroid. And Shadow Complex isn't close either.

Super Metroid is the best game ever made. That won't change.

And Prime is top 10.

Boney

Banned
kman3000 said:
They also do Halo 4, KH 3, RE, MGS, MH, GoW because they got pretty art direction and are western nintendo

Gravijah said:
Metroid isn't a major franchise anymore? :( 'Sides, we've had games like Animal Crossing revealed and they might not even be out within a year of their reveal.
They've been failing to establish it as a major franchise since Metroid 2.

Shiggy

Gravijah said:

Metroid a major franchise? Not really.

All games presented at the Japanese even will be out by May 2012.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Andrex said:
The 3DS has fixed shaders though, doesn't it? It's just there are more of them and they are better.

It has fixed something and programmable something else. I just woke up.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Peeps need to calm down on the Wii. Everybody is acting like there is literally NOTHING coming out when you could of easily said that this time last year and Wii ended up having it's best year ever! Last year we knew about LOZ (didn't come out), Wii Relax (didn't come out) S&P2, Monado (didn't come out) Metroid:Other M, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 along with some third party content (Fragile, Monster Hunter, and Epic Mickey). Then all of a sudden at E3 some huge titles on the first and third party front were announced and all of a sudden it looked like (and was) a huge year for Wii.

This year we know about Wii Relax, LOZ Skyward Sword, Xenoblade (still on Nintendo's release list for America as TBD), Last Story (not confirmed to be coming over yet but all signs point to it), Rhythm Heaven, and Mario Sports Mix. They bring over some titles that need and should be released in America like they are doing with the DS (Disaster, Another Code, Reginvi, Captain Rainbow etc.), have some major hidden titles waiting for E3 to be unveiled (like Reggie has alluded to) along with some exclusive third party content, and you have a good/maybe great year for Wii.

is Spacewalker still in development?

loosus

Banned
lol Sounds like this guy is a major douche?

"Derpity derp! Why would you think I meant Metroid even though you directly pointed it out? Derp ba derp!"

MYE

3DS
3DS
3DS
3DS
3DS

Dont they have other systems. The fuck's going on in the home console space nintendo.

MechaX

Regulus Tera said:

For some reason I'm having extreme difficulties working out the logistics of this opinion.

glaurung

Do I want the 3DS with 3h battery life with another shitty 3D Metroid shooter? Hell no.

Do I want the 3DS with a spanking new 2D Metroid with snappy 3D effects? Day one!

Boney

Banned
MechaX said:
For some reason I'm having extreme difficulties working out the logistics of this opinion.
It's cool man. Sakamoto ruined the character of Samus, so he isn't allow to make a Metroid game again. Because you see, we didn't play them for the gameplay, but the characters.

By the way, who are we burning up the stake first, Sakurai or Sakamoto? What about Miyamoto for Wind Waker?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Shiggy said:

NST is busy with escaping rooms, Retro is not doing MP anymore and with Fuse Games/Silverball Studios Nintendo does not work together anymore.

Maybe I missed something... but what is 'Escaping rooms"? I googled it, couldn't find anything. Must be a joke that is flying right over my head or something....

MYE

Billychu said:
The Wii? It's almost irrelevant at this point. It's supported almost solely by Nintendo's games while the 3DS has amazing third party support. And with the 3DS's hardware being powerful enough to practically match the Wii, what's the point in focusing on a 5 year old system when there's a shiny new one to exploit?

You're not that familliar with the "multi-pillar" business practice are you?

Not exploiting their home console to mainly focus on their new portable system makes no fucking sense. One doesnt replace the other.

If a Metroid game is announced on Wednesday, the only team who could be behind it are NST.

SPD and Retro only just finished Other M and DKCR a few months ago (and the rest of SPD is currently working on Rhythm Heaven Wii)

Mind you though, I don't think that a Metroid 3DS game is getting announced anyway. Probably just a mistake.

Emitan

MYE said:
You're not that familliar with the "multi-pillar" business practice are you?

Not exploiting their home console to mainly focus on their new portable system makes no fucking sense. One doesnt replace the other.
The Wii isn't a very healthy platform, at least compared to the 3DS.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is this one of those situations where a vague statement is misinterpreted and GAF goes mental and expects something that will never come?

Top Bottom