• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's replacing defunct "2 for $2" deal with new "2 for $5" deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
McDonald's Follows McPick 2 for $2 with McPick 2 for $5

Starting February 29, 2016, McDonald's will be running a two for $5 mix-and-match deal called the McPick 2 for $5.

The selection for the deal includes a number of classic McDonald's menu items, including the Big Mac, Filet-O-Fish, Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and 10-piece Chicken McNuggets.

It's available nationwide for a limited time at participating McDonald's restaurants and follows the recently discontinued McPick 2 for $2 deal (it was discontinued nationally but can still be found at select locations).

fqeMspa.jpg

DCX

DCX
2 for 2 probably was a test for 2 for 5.

Big Mac Alone is like five bucks. Two order of nuggets will be four instead of the 5 bucks for 20.

The items in the menu is a step up which should make this successful.

DCX

Cardon

A Big Mac and Quarter Pounder for $5? Sure, why not. Gotta indulge my fatty desires when I stress eat.

kunonabi

Better than the 2 for 2 but I'd still rather just buy a couple spicy chicken sandwiches and a caramel sundae.

Wow, the 2 for $2 didn't last long. This is a good deal too though. McChickens and McDoubles were $1 a few years ago anyway so this is nice.

meow

I didn't even know 2 for $2 was a thing. I don't go to McDonald's generally although I stopped in last week -- it was 2 for $3.50 though. NYC pricing?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Uh, 2 big macs for $5 is insanely good. Great for 2 people.

For 1 person, I would rather just stick wih mcchicken/mcdouble mix n' match.

VanWinkle

Maaan, that 2 for 2 deal didn't last long at all! I was only able to utilize it twice. I will never utilize this new one.

Saw that the other day when I was trying to get the other thing for the first time. What a lame ass attempt to match the deals going on at other places. If I got to Wendy's or Hardee's I can pretty much get a whole meal for $4, so why would I got to McDonalds and pay $5 just to get two hamburgers, nuggets or whatever, and no fries and drink.

Every time I think McDonald's is getting their shit together, they manage to completely fuck up in a new fascinating direction.

2 for $2 was perfect. It brought back the dollar menu, but usually still got people to buy $5+ worth of food per visit. It embraced the cheap nature of the McDonald's brand, and pivoted it. Now they're tossing it in favor of the premium sandwiches - which nobody wants two of. Oh, and fries aren't even an option.

After this I expect them to make the McGriddle McChicken nationally available - only to immediately cancel it and raise drink prices by 50 cents.

As a small appetite person, this is worthless for me. A McDouble and a few Nuggets was perfect before.

But no way do I need a Quarter Pounder and 10 McNuggets, that's too much.

VariantX

BK and Wendy's offerings murder this thing in cold blood. I spend $1 less and I get an extra food item and something to wash the food down with.

Lord Fagan

I don't understand the grass is greener noise going on in this thread. All the franchises are rocking pretty good deals.

Fuck it, letthemfight.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom