• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's replacing defunct "2 for $2" deal with new "2 for $5" deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate McDonal's because they know damn well that I'll pay the premium to get fries with my order. They should seriously be a buck, but nooooooooooo. They know we'll pay for that crispy, gold, goodness.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Sell you trash tier food for $2

Keep same trash tier food but sell it to you for $5 now.

Boy Mickey Ds be winning

GavinGT

Banned
It's a good deal if you like the offerings.

They're obviously trying to increase their average ticket price, though, as they've been doing for a while.

Korey

Who wants a Big Mac and a Filet O Fish? Or a Filet O Fish and a Quarter Pounder? Or two Big Macs?

I think they missed the value proposition and appropriateness of the items in the $2 deal. This is way more niche.

The Beard

2 for $2 was way better. Fuck this new deal.

McChicken + McDouble + fries + iced coffee is what I get pretty much everytime I go to McDonald's.

Onaco

2 for $2 was perfect for one person.

2 for $5 could be shareable. One person gets a Big Mac, another gets a Filet O Fish. Order a Large Fry to split then.

I don't like this though. McDonald's and Taco Bell are the only two fast food chains in this town besides sub shops, so I hate having to base my lunch break on these chains when the prices are inconsistent and ever-changing to rip me off.

Futureman

[QUOTE="D";196684208]Sell you trash tier food for $2

Boy Mickey Ds be winning[/QUOTE]

Your analysis of the situation is wrong plus their sales are strongly up compared to the slight decline of the past few quarters so they are winning.

GavinGT

Banned
Who wants a Big Mac and a Filet O Fish? Or a Filet O Fish and a Quarter Pounder? Or two Big Macs?

I think they missed the value proposition and appropriateness of the items in the $2 deal. This is way more niche.

Fat people or really hungry people.

But, yeah, you're right. I'm not likely to go and buy two big sandwiches for myself. And if I did, I certainly wouldn't get fries as well. Maybe two Filet O Fishes, just because those aren't all that filling and they're normally pretty pricey.

Your analysis of the situation is wrong plus their sales are strongly up compared to the slight decline of the past few quarters so they are winning.

they aren't winning because of their dinner foods. all day breakfast is buying them time to figure it out, but they're far from where they want to be.

oh and their food is still shit.

le.phat

Selling a big mac and 10 chicken nuggets for 5 bucks should be goddamn illegal.
When i visit my fam in the US my heart fucking breaks, seeing the amount of obese people in and around my family, and the devastating effects it has on the people i love.

mm04

Well that sucks. The reason they've been losing market share to begin with is their food is generally overpriced and they have the worst quality of all the major fast food chains. This "deal" just flashes more of a spotlight on their delusion of how much their menu items should cost.

ito007

I want a Big Mac and nuggets. I think that's a good combo

PFD

Did you even read the OP? The 2 for $5 deals gives you completely different items than the 2 for $2 deal did

Rootbeer

Banned
BRING BACK 2 FOR $2!

Why'd they discontinue that shit so fast? It was actually getting me in the door.

I'll admit though, the price of quarter pounders and big macs have steadily been going up to where I rarely buy them. But with 2 for 5, maybe i'd have to cave on that once in a while.

We still need a nice combo for the cheaper items. 2 for 2 was great. I'll tell you why it died. Stores hate it. People will only buy the cheap items and not the more expensive ones. Rightfully so.

2 for 2 probably was a test for 2 for 5.

Big Mac Alone is like five bucks. Two order of nuggets will be four instead of the 5 bucks for 20.

The items in the menu is a step up which should make this successful.

DCX

Is that how much it is for a Big Mac now? Jeez, it may cost 5 bucks but it ain't worth 5 bucks. $2.50 seems about the correct price for a Big Mac. Still wouldn't choose it over a $3.00 Double Double.

Kibbles

I hate McDonal's because they know damn well that I'll pay the premium to get fries with my order. They should seriously be a buck, but nooooooooooo. They know we'll pay for that crispy, gold, goodness.
It wasn't that long ago when Large Fries went from $1.87 around here to $2.39, big jump just overnight :(

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.

Yup, EXACT same food. You really NAILED them.

Anyhow, I'm sure this is because the 2 for 2 deal was too successful.. the margins had to be terrible with all the drive-thru tickets coming out to 2 or 4 bucks a pop.

Damn...too bad.

I'm pretty sure my local McD's already had both deals running simultaneously....A McDouble and a McChicken for 2 bucks was hard to beat.

I never bought anything else with it. Would often eat something else with one sandwich, save the other for later and do the same thing (I'm poor).

KingV

Clearly Ronald is just a fan of classic Wu-Tang:

"What's that shopper want, God?"
"Word up, look out for the cops, look out for the cops"
"Word up, two for fives over here baby"
"Word up, two for fives, Burger King got garbage down the way, word up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom