• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's replacing defunct "2 for $2" deal with new "2 for $5" deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Damn, you do like food. I swear I've read another food thread from you today/this week.

Nothing against that, just funny.

Xia is gaf's official fast food rep. I have a picture of his role model:

gol15.jpg

Chuckl3s

Damn, you do like food. I swear I've read another food thread from you today/this week.

I had to look to laugh. This is just the second half of Feb...

Business Insider: Taco Bell is one of the best options for finding healthy fast-food

Renowned Tokyo ramen shop Mensho Ramen opening first US shop in SF this weekend Feb 6

Look out Arby's, Subway upgrades roast beef to "premium slow-roasted beef"

Central Ohio McDonald's locations testing Chicken McGriddles

Carl's Jr. testing Blueberry Muffin Breakfast Sandwich in select SoCal locations

"Hangry" woman attacks and bites Wendy's manager after receiving wrong order

smurfx

get some go again
just let me buy the 10pc chicken nuggets for 2.50 please. i think its like 4 dollars at my local place.

Sulik2

2 for $5 quarter pounders seems like a good deal. Just slap the second burger on the first first and om nom nom away.

HoodWinked

Gold Member
It's dumb to use the same promotion name. It will make a lot of passerbys think it's the same thing for 3 dollars more.

But they used to do this all the time 2 for 5 big Mac or fish fillet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Xia is like Gaborn's fast-food cousin. Too many horrible-for-us but tasty-sounding/looking food news posts.

smurfx

get some go again
Xia is like Gaborn's fast-food cousin. Too many horrible-for-us but tasty-sounding/looking food news posts.
every time i see a food thread not posted by xia it always feels like something is off. please keep up the threads.

Kibbles

No fries? Lame. This one is only good if you are buying for multiple people/don't like fries for some reason.

Wendy's 4 for $4 deal is the best EVER.

Jr. Bacon Burger + Fries + Nuggets + Drink = $4.

--WINNING--

The Burger King deal is actually pretty great, I've gotten it a few times now. A decent burger and a little of everything else. Especially since you can order the Freestyle Drinks in the drive-thru. (Which I think you can do at Wendy's too.)

Dairy Queen had a handful of $5 lunch deals for a while, which were excellent. But they kept shrinking and limiting what you got as the main sandwich, making it worse and worse as time went on to reduce costs.

Mortemis

Banned
I guess this'd be better if you're getting mcd's with someone else, but mcpick 2 for $2 was great for those who don't want to feel like shit after eating too much mcd's. This is trash.

I had to look to laugh. This is just the second half of Feb...

Business Insider: Taco Bell is one of the best options for finding healthy fast-food

Renowned Tokyo ramen shop Mensho Ramen opening first US shop in SF this weekend Feb 6

Look out Arby's, Subway upgrades roast beef to "premium slow-roasted beef"

Central Ohio McDonald's locations testing Chicken McGriddles

Carl's Jr. testing Blueberry Muffin Breakfast Sandwich in select SoCal locations

"Hangry" woman attacks and bites Wendy's manager after receiving wrong order

What's there to laugh about? Xia's been posting fast food threads for years now, you can go much further than that.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I thought we were buds. :(

Hey, I ain't necessarily complaining. Just saying all these while looking good I just think "OH GOD MY HEALTH *heavy breathing*"

Wendy's 4 for $4 deal is the best EVER.

Jr. Bacon Burger + Fries + Nuggets + Drink = $4.

--WINNING--

Burger Kings is good as well. I say the "cheap eat" wars in regards to deal like this is good for everyone. But McDonalds deals, like usual, are straight up dumpster fires.

bebop242

The Burger King deal is actually pretty great, I've gotten it a few times now. A decent burger and a little of everything else. Especially since you can order the Freestyle Drinks in the drive-thru. (Which I think you can do at Wendy's too.)

Dairy Queen had a handful of $5 lunch deals for a while, which were excellent. But they kept shrinking and limiting what you got as the main sandwich, making it worse and worse as time went on to reduce costs.

Yea the DQ 5 bucks lunch (switch the ice cream to a blizzard for an extra dollar) was amazing.

oh shit, I didn't know about the Carl's Jr deal.

chicken sandwich, double cheeseburger, fries, and a drink for $4. I gotta try it out!

ya, the 2 for 2 hasn't been available in my area for at least 2 weeks. Never got to try it out, and screw the 2 for 5 deal (burger king has had that for ages).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Not a great deal, but for McDonald's more expensive burgers, $2.50 each isn't bad. Too bad you can't pay a little extra for a double quarter pound.

Javaman

I used to get the 2 for $2 or the 2 for $2.5 all the time then found out that one of the two items HAS to be fries. So stupid. I don't know if it was just the local McD or regional.

Pyrokai

Wait, aren't two individual McDoubles cheaper than $5? I enjoyed the 2 for 2 because I got 2 McDoubles with it.....now it'll be 5? Man....glad I took advantage of it. Probably won't be going to McDonald's again for a while. The 2 for 2 single handedly brought me back.

Dicer

Banned
2 for 2 was perfect, why not both deal McDicks, c'mon now...

Unrelated but I had a Wendy's Double today, they changed what was perfect and replicated a 5 guys burger, meh...

idlewild_

The BK 2/$5 deal is good imo, if McD gets similar items on their offer it could be good but the offerings they have listed in the OP make it a pretty poor value.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
The fuck happen to the mozzarella sticks? I liked those. No deal Ronald!

Aren't they being sued right now because of a claim that the mozzarella cheese sticks aren't actual cheese? Wonder if anything ever came of that.

Also, tbh I think this is a fine deal. BigMacs are so expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom