• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDouble is the cheapest and most nutritious food in human history

Status
Not open for further replies.
If every starving kid in a third world nation could have a McDouble each day, their health would benefit immeasurably.

Of course, most fast food is likely eaten by fat westerners who need to lose weight, but it can be part of a balanced diet.

Vindication! My go-to when I'm desperate enough to go to McDs is two doubles and a McChicken. Which I slam down in ten minutes

Must be healthy cuz I'm not fat yet right

Rootbeer

Banned
I just had a mcdouble with a mcchicken last night thanks to McDonald's new 2 for $2 deal (well, technically it's 2 for $2.50 in my market, but some stores around here have it as 2 for $2)

that puts it right on the magical $1 number it used to be a couple years ago before they raised prices.

S'yeah. Glad McD's brought the price back down. It's a phenomenal value and tastes pretty good.

Jinaar

Hope it's the Kale salad.

Ok, you know what, this is what made me so mad.

I'm in Canada and when McD's redid their salads, they had 4 selections and they had that Kale one. And another one which was amazing.

Then in a month's time or so, discontinued it off the menu!!!! Now we just have Caesar and Greek to choose from. I'm still mad at this.

Bunch of maroons, I tell's ya. Who makes decisions around here? I want names.

- J - D -

Rice and any staple food beats it pretty handily. I guess if you're worried about taste, for its cost it is pretty good at breaking the tedium of eating a bunch of staples all the time.

The time it takes to prepare a meal should also be taken into account. Time is money, and for a low income family it's not an inconsiderable expense. As much as I am chagrin to defend the nutritional/financial value of a McDonald's item, it does make some sense.

segasonic

with the downward spiral mcdonalds been going through i feel like they got a McDonald stan to write this article just to get more people to buy the food but who am i kidding. i grew up eating McDonalds and i turned out terribly awesome.
image;size=260x115

Dat downward spiral

No matter how cheap I could never imagine getting one over a double cheeseburger, 1 slice just ain't enough for 2 burgers, but thankfully I live in the UK and we only get the superior product with both slices

Izuna

Banned
Maaan the nearest McDonald's is 40 minutes away. 24 hours though. Sometimes I like to take a walk. I wish there was a livestream that could read GAF's OT for me while I make the journey.

Not cheap, but I LOVE the Classic Menu stuff they have in the UK. So freaking good.

painey

in my senior year of college my roommates and I would trade solely in mcdoubles (back when they were $1). We would gamble on sports games, wager on drinking contents, and even pay each other in mcdoubles to do chores we didn't want to do. One day we walked into mcdonalds and ordered 20 of them between the 4 of us. The cashiers were not prepared for that order.

zer0das

Banned
The time it takes to prepare a meal should also be taken into account. Time is money, and for a low income family it's not an inconsiderable expense. As much as I am chagrin to defend the nutritional/financial value of a McDonald's item, it does make some sense.

It takes longer to sit in a drive thru than it does to boil canned beans. And rice is a put it in and forget thing with a rice cooker.

Is there any vitamin content? I feel this is like when KFC tried to play up fried chicken as healthy because 'so much protein!'

Dennis

Banned
“Facts are facts – where else but McDonald’s can poor people obtain so many calories per dollar?”

Judging from what I see a lot of poor people in rich countries need LESS calories.

McDouble is great. Easily my favorite burger they do.

I really hate the McGangBang. It reeks of the whole "secret menu" and throw meat together just because thing that the internet seems to love. I've seen people order it in real life and it's just awkward and cringe inducing. Even the name is dumb

ColdPizza

Banned
McDouble is great. Easily my favorite burger they do.

I really hate the McGangBang. It reeks of the whole "secret menu" and throw meat together just because thing that the internet seems to love. I've seen people order it in real life and it's just awkward and cringe inducing. Even the name is dumb

Wait. People actually go up to a McDonald's worker and ask for that? I always assumed they bought all of the components separately and built it themselves.

injurai

Banned
It really is amazing how cheap they are on a calorie/dollar basis. People be like "it's cheaper to eat healthy food from a grocery store than to eat out!" but it's really not clear that that's true. 2 McDoubles for $2 is a huge number of calories for the price. Only someone who is an incredibly frugal grocery shopper and mostly eats rice and beans is gonna compete with that.

If you know how to shop meat you can do pretty good there too.

SeanR1221

Wait. People actually go up to a McDonald's worker and ask for that? I always assumed they bought all of the components separately and built it themselves.

I tried ordering multiple times but I always ended up having a 3 way in the end :/

So now I just make it myself.

They do taste like total garbage though. That shit is just disgusting.

That's okay you think so, but their foods are based on years of research into flavor and texture preferences from a wide range of backgrounds. So I think you mean: "Boy, i really dont enjoy mcdonald's products! Golly!"

Kenstar

Cool kids know that you can order 2 for 2 mcdoulbes with extra cheese for 1.30 each rather than 2 mcdoubles for 1.59 each

I will never eat a non double cheeseburger again like the dirty poors do, I slept on the double cheese for mcdoubles for too many years of my life before I saw the light

It takes longer to sit in a drive thru than it does to boil canned beans. And rice is a put it in and forget thing with a rice cooker.

Most of the low-income people we're talking about here have a microwave and a stove and MAYBE a crock pot. Rice cookers aren't that big of a thing.

Ponn

Banned
Most of the low-income people we're talking about here have a microwave and a stove and MAYBE a crock pot. Rice cookers aren't that big of a thing.

Those are some of the leftie-foodie code words the article was talking about. It's the assumption of "better off" liberals who beat the farmers market and eat better drums who can't comprehend why poor people don't have rice cookers.

Like why don't the poor just go to food markets and by gigantic bags of rice and crates of eggplants, they can live of that for months?!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Until this year the McDouble hadn't been a great deal for years, but the 2-for-$2.50 thing salvaged it.
It's still not as good as the pre-McDouble value menu. The Double Cheeseburger was $1.10 adjusted for inflation, even in this expensive (for the US) region.

Kenstar

Until this year the McDouble hadn't been a great deal for years, but the 2-for-$2.50 thing salvaged it.
It's still not as good as the pre-McDouble value menu. The Double Cheeseburger was $1.10 adjusted for inflation, even in this expensive (for the US) region.

You poor soul, it's 2 for 2 where I live

G-Bus

Banned
Been my go to for a year or two now if I'm super hungry on the way home from work. 2 mcdoubles and a junior chicken. 3 sandwiches and comes in under $6.

Kaiterra

Banned
No matter how cheap I could never imagine getting one over a double cheeseburger, 1 slice just ain't enough for 2 burgers, but thankfully I live in the UK and we only get the superior product with both slices

When BK was running their counter offer at first with regular double cheeseburgers? That was the shit. I mean except for how it was driving franchisees broke apparently heh >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom