• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MCV: Mario & Pokemon coming within 6 months of NX launch, 3rd parties, exec comment

kinggroin

Banned
Six months doesn't seem tight enough imo. Not with the Wii I destroying a lot of the good graces Nintendo do had with gamers.

Edit: And Pokemon can't just be some typical stadium bullshit.

It's nice to see nintendo focus on one console instead of a home console and a handheld. There are a lot of people I know that would buy a new console just for Pokemon and now that huge pokemon audience on 3ds will go and buy the NX for the next installment of Pokemon games. I believe the 3rd version of Pokemon will come to both 3ds and NX.

I know it's unlikely, but maybe game freak is working on a spin-off title. is there a reason why this could not happen?

A third version of Sun & Moon? Doubt it. Probably either a port of Go or a spinoff like XD.

Mario is definitely a New Super game.
What about a 3D remake of Red/Blue/Yellow?

As I mentioned, it's not an exhaustive list since Bandai Namco/Koei Tecmo aren't on MCV's list and we know from Serkan Toto & Koei Tecmo's own financial statements that they are both supporting NX.
Yeah, it's not like all these journalist work with Nintendo and know 100% everything.

Hopefully the Mario game isn't just a port of Super Mario 3D World. That game was such a disappointment. I want a new Mario 64 successor.

They should integrate Mario Maker NX into the system as part of the OS.
I'm not expecting a new 2D Mario so soon after Mario Maker. 3D Mario at holiday 2017.

Well, they've published some Virtual Console games. The latest on Europe and the US were the TurboGrafx-16 games (Konami now owns Hudson games).

So technically they have published games on a Nintendo console not that long ago :D

Heck, I should have known this. I bought all those TG-16 games a few weeks ago!

Aesnath

I mean, I can't buy it anymore than I am probably going to have to buy it. IF it really is the 3DS successor, between all my family members, I'll be in for 3-4. It is nice that it will have games I want to play on it, but Ninty usually does that sooner or later anyway.

yllekz

Banned
within six months of NX launch

Not sure why anybody's celebrating here. That's unacceptable. It needs to be there AT LAUNCH. Nintendo can't go 6 months with no first party lineup (other than Zelda). It'll be the Wii U all over again if these titles aren't out when the system launches.

If the NX isn't flawless, Nintendo is probably going under. I don't see a six month window as something they can afford right now.

Shiggy

Can't wait for Sakaguchi's new collaboration with Nintendo. After games on DS and Wii, he surely is working with them again, right?

Eolz

Six months doesn't seem tight enough imo. Not with the Wii I destroying a lot of the good graces Nintendo do had with gamers.

Edit: And Pokemon can't just be some typical stadium bullshit.

It'll be tight enough if there's actual third party support this time.

Not sure why anybody's celebrating here. That's unacceptable. It needs to be there AT LAUNCH. Nintendo can't go 6 months with no first party lineup (other than Zelda). It'll be the Wii U all over again if these titles aren't out when the system launches.

I doubt those are the only games nintendo are making. Those are just the big ones.

If the NX isn't flawless, Nintendo is probably going under. I don't see a six month window as something they can afford right now.
Within 6 months..

You even said/typed it yourself.. the fuck

Within 6 months..

You even said/typed it yourself.. the fuck
Lmao damn. I hope the dude was just joking and messed up his joke.

In the actual article, maybe a typo or something, but has it been brought up they mention "A breakaway controller," not breakaway controllerS? They say the rumor is 100% true, but then there is that. So, which is it?

Yeah, every word is important. Idk if they messed up, but they can't say Eurogamer is 100% true because Eurogamer doesn't know everything and now this shows they don't completely agree with Eurogamers rumor.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Pokemon Sun&Moon + Zelda BotW and New Mario. Predictable but if you read the title you think it's a new Pokemon (could be? I don't think so).

Banned
The Year of Dreams.

So a September Mario game? That's six months from launch. Mario is usually in November.

isn't Pokken already dead? it seems like no one cares about that game anymore.

how did it do in terms of sales? I always had the impression that it flopped.

Eradicate

f91.gif

Poor doomed Nintendo.

(If they have the capital to release the thing in the first place, they'll have the capital to keep it afloat for up to six months or they would have never bothered to begin with. It'll be fine!)

BKSmash

What about the rumored Luigi's Mansion 3? That sold very well on the 3DS
even though it wasn't really that good of a game
, and the Gamecube game was great!

And if a new 2D Mario is on the way, it REALLY needs to be different from the ¨New¨ series. Especially now that we have Mario Maker.

If they had at launch

Zelda Breath of the Wild
New IP
Luigis Mansion 3

That's a great launch lineup from Nintendos first party on launch day.

Yes, because Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are Nintendo's only IP.

JoeM86

isn't Pokken already dead? it seems like no one cares about that game anymore.

how did it do in terms of sales? I always had the impression that it flopped.

It's done decently. Don't think it has hit a million though.

TPCi has been weird as fuck and have butchered any chance of competitive Pokkén. For example, they added a MAJOR Pokkén event two days before the event and expected it to do well. Attendance has been low. Hell, they sneak announced the Pokkén Tournament Last Championship Qualifiers for Worlds last week, giving a 24 hour window to register, and nobody knew about it until the last 6 hours.

They've practically sabotaged Pokkén's competitive chances. It's a joke.

Neff

If the launch is good in its own right, six months to compound any good work it's done at that point will be enough. Wii U's drought tolerance lasted about that long, and it started with almost nothing.

If the NX isn't flawless, Nintendo is probably going under.

Under what?

Peléo

I'm expecting more than that in the Launch Window. We had rumours about Luigi's Mansion 3, Pikmin 4, Super Smash Bros, etc. Hopefully Nintendo will have a nice line-up for the launch.

Peterc

17th Jun 2016

We're always challenging ourselves to create something new, so hopefully you'll see a new kind of Mario in about a year or two. Maybe next E3 we'll be able to share something.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...of_mario_game_is_coming_says_shigeru_miyamoto

This is fun

they said also:

Game graphics will be ‘somewhere between a PS3 and PS4’, with Nintendo targeting an audience that sits between smartphone gamers and the more hardcore users of PS4 and Xbox One.

“It’s a nice bit of kit, a bit of a novelty, but a good one,” said one exec that has got hands on with the machine. “It won’t appeal to PS4 fans. Nintendo seems set on trying to upgrade smartphone gamers. That’s going to be a big job for the marketing department.”

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/08/...ming-within-six-months-of-nintendo-nx-launch/

I'm a bit tired of all those rumors.

Why would nintendo still target the casual market with a powerful handheld

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You forgot the most important game for both views, Dragon Quest XI. Pessimistic view for that would be 3ds port, optimistic would be ps4 port.

3DS game looks better than the PS4 version though.

Optimistic view would be the NX version offering all 3 graphic styles.

Eradicate

Yeah, every word is important. Idk if they messed up, but they can't say Eurogamer is 100% true because Eurogamer doesn't know everything and now this shows they don't completely agree with Eurogamers rumor.

Exactly! I keep refreshing the page occasionally to see if they update it, but nothing yet.

OP (or anyone else), was there a magazine version of this story originally or something? Can the story be compared to see if it says controller or controllers? Or, any other sort of outlet they use that might mention it? It does make a pretty good difference in what shape and expectation there may be for the system, and I'm just genuinely curious!

In the actual article, maybe a typo or something, but has it been brought up they mention "A breakaway controller," not breakaway controllerS? They say the rumor is 100% true, but then there is that. So, which is it?
Yeah I noticed that too and didnt want to hand out L's to all of the detatachable controller groupies so quick. I still stand by my word that the Falco controller is the NX. Laugh all yall want.

To everyone in this thread: Gamefreak only works on mainline Pokemon, no spinoffs. If this info is legit, then the least that could be expected is a third version/sequel to Sun/Moon.

Exactly! I keep refreshing the page occasionally to see if they update it, but nothing yet.

OP (or anyone else), was there a magazine version of this story originally or something? Can the story be compared to see if it says controller or controllers? Or, any other sort of outlet they use that might mention it? It does make a pretty good difference in what shape and expectation there may be for the system, and I'm just genuinely curious!

Yeah it completely changes the form of the NX because it could be a full standard controller with a screen attached aboved it and they can separate from each other.

I'm not a size queen (er, hardware queen?) but isn't the Wii U somewhere between a PS3 and a PS4? Just thought that was funny, but as long as it looks better than the Wii U I'm happy.

I think this is fantastic news if true. I hope the Pokemon game ends up being the third version of Pokemon Sun and Moon.

For all the people who say that's too big of a window, I challenge you find three major exclusives that the PS4 had within 6 months of launch. Oh shit... Knack was out day one... Nintendo is doomed.

Top Bottom