• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MCV: Mario & Pokemon coming within 6 months of NX launch, 3rd parties, exec comment

you wasnt saying that months ago when that fake nx controller was revealed 👀

We can be suspicious if we want. It dont affect you do it?

The fake controller had nothing remotely like this degree of corroboration from credible news outlets. A few of them said "we've heard vaguely similar things about the design of the controller" or the like, but that was it.

It just struck me that the reason we've seen so little of the next DQ game is probably because SE can't get the PS4 version to work correctly on NX.
Or that they're holding of revealing more of it till NX. New DQXI trailer at the launch event would be good for both NX and the game, I'd think

Trago

To all the GameFreak deniers:

where-is-your-god-now-fire-extinguisher-on-fire.jpg

If this is another boring 2d Mario game, fuckin keep it Nintendo

My man JC only accepts those 2D Sonic retreads apparently.

But seriously no more NSMB for the love of all that is decent, Mario Maker felt like such a definite end to the current style of 2D Mario that they need to shake it up for what comes next.

Ooccoo

It will need more than an upgraded port from last gen (Zelda) and games "in the next 6 months" to get me excited about Nintendo games. If Mario was a launch title like Mario 64 I would be excited but this is not the case here.

My man JC only accepts those 2D Sonic retreads apparently.

But seriously no more NSMB for the love of all that is decent, Mario Maker felt like such a definite end to the current style of 2D Mario that they need to shake it up for what comes next.

Tezuka's already hinted as much, saying his goal is to surpass NSMB with the next 2D game. I'm pretty sure they've moved on from that aesthetic.

I know that (the X/Y engine was so shit I struggled to believe Nintendo was okay with it) but if they're jumping from a 240p screen to a 1080p one it's time to hire a lot of fucking visual and engine programmers and improve.

It looks fine for a 3DS game but if a PS4 game came out looking like that we'd assume it was some kind of kickstarter experiment on unity where they couldn't afford could environment modellers. Watch this trailer and try to imagine that being released as a PS4 game. It's multiple generations behind.

They need to upgrade, and they need time for that. I hope they don't rush things.

It is really baffling how the most lucrative IP in gaming doesn't have a wealth of great programmers modellers to choose from. Nintendo really needs to have one of their sub-studios lend a hand.

Peterc

What on earth are you referring to? He made those comments in June. These rumors would place a Mario game within a year or so of his comments.

So Miyamoto change his mind and thinks i would be only take 1y instead of the possible 2years. (knowing that most games in the past are delayed by them).

He even talks about maybe at E3 they will share something, so he even doesn't know if it's ready to show it at next E3.

KingJ2002

Wow... having a new Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, and Pokemon all within months of each other is huge. I must say i'm excited for the console... especially if it can deliver current gen graphics when docked and high end smartphone graphics on the go.

OmegaFax

Nintendo's saving sloped levels for Mario Maker NX. If the Pokemon game for NX is a mainline entry, it'll be a consequence of having a hybrid system.

The fake controller had nothing remotely like this degree of corroboration from credible news outlets. A few of them said "we've heard vaguely similar things about the design of the controller" or the like, but that was it.
Son please, its all the same junk. Dont nobody care what words somebody use to piggy back. Go chastize another group of people. Trying to stunt us cause we suspicious. Smh

A good start but he must aim higher, Donkey Kong's been eating Mario's lunch.

I just refuse to play another 2D Mario with that same sterile visual aesthetic, those same dull musical arrangements, Mario moving with those same controls, going through yet another bowser tower with fire and spikes or another underwater level with bloopers or another poisonous forest. Oh my god, its just the most boring goddamn franchise now. The McDonalds of video games. Safe, competent, easily sold to millions, deeply unsatisfactory. Let Mario Maker be the end until they come back with something genuinely, honestly, NEW.

I hope Nintendo announces the Pokemon game at the NX's reveal. That would sell me another 300% more than I already am with the console and Zelda: BOTW

Not anymore, thankfully.

Every NSMB title has easily sold to millions. What are you talking about

That would be such a total waste. Retro deserves to make a new IP or something bigger. They don't need another 2D game.

Retro should work on what they want to work on, so long as it fits within Nintendo's portfolio. I don't subscribe to this idea that 3D is inherently better than 2D. That's silly.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I was referring to 2D titles.

I was talking about Mario in general, because Miyamoto wasn't specific either. So the Mario he was talking about could be Mario 2d and shown at next E3 and coming in 2018. Could also be the same Mario MCV is mentioning and be launched in September 2017.

Son please, its all the same junk. Dont nobody care what words somebody use to piggy back. Go chastize another group of people. Trying to stunt us cause we suspicious. Smh

I'm sure you'd be just as suspicious if five credible news outlets were reporting that NX was a home console with Scorpio-level specs, right? *eyeroll*

Eolz

I said mainline. Nintendo sees Prime as a spinoff series. Retro has never made a 2D Metroid game, which are considered the "mainline" series of games.

Prime is considered mainline by Nintendo though.
Unless you count Prime FF and Prime Pinball in the same bag.

Edit:
DKC went from 5million seller+ to barely reaching a million after a couple of years. NSMB completely failed to sell WiiUs in an adequate manner. People are tired of this shit.

We can see a decline for most wiiu games though, doesn't really tell that much.
NSMBU wasn't super different from Wii, didn't help. 2D platformers still sell well on 3DS for example.

Every NSMB title has easily sold to millions. What are you talking about

Retro should work on what they want to work on, so long as it fits within Nintendo's portfolio. I don't subscribe to this idea that 3D is inherently better than 2D. That's silly.
But Nintendo (EPD) knows how to make Mario. They're the kings of Mario. Why would I want Retro to do that? Let Retro make another DKC game over 2D Mario.

I just refuse to play another 2D Mario with that same sterile visual aesthetic, those same dull musical arrangements, Mario moving with those same controls, going through yet another bowser tower with fire and spikes or another underwater level with bloopers or another poisonous forest. Oh my god, its just the most boring goddamn franchise now. The McDonalds of video games. Safe, competent, easily sold to millions, deeply unsatisfactory. Let Mario Maker be the end until they come back with something genuinely, honestly, NEW.

Well, you're not wrong, not wrong at all.

Raven77

Look if they put it on NX that is all fine and great BUT WHAT IT REALLY NEEDS IS AN ONLINE COOP MODE!!!!!!!!!!!

How on earth this game has 84 versions over the last 20 years but somehow, magically, incomprehensibly does not have a full fledged title that allows you to walk around the world with a friend or 3...just baffling.

Oersted

I was talking about Mario in general, because Miyamoto wasn't specific either. So the Mario he was talking about could be Mario 2d and shown at next E3 and coming in 2018. Could also be the same Mario MCV is mentioning and be launched in September 2017.

Why turning this into a Miyamoto vs MCV thing? Did Miyamoto say anything that contradicts MCV?

Aldric

l personally don't care about another rehashed 2d sidescroller as long as they come up with something genuinely ambitious and innovative with the next 3d entry. A new 3d world type game would be a colossal disappointment, but Galaxy 3 wouldn't be much better.

I'm sure you'd be just as suspicious if five credible news outlets were reporting that NX was a home console with Scorpio-level specs, right? *eyeroll*
I WOULD! Straight up. Yall funny cause you guys already have opinions about people already formed when you completely wrong. I dont give a damn about the power lol. Go search my post history and you come back with the reward if you bout it. Im just one objective ass dude that like questioning shit thats it lol. I love to ask questions.

Top Bottom