• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create 10-16 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragmire

Jonnyram said:
Hopefully people will stop saying retarded stuff based on one week of sales when they see this graph...
notice how October is traditionally the lowest month for software sales.

softmkt9hg.gif
Lol, the xbox is just a straight line all the way at the bottom, and actually disappears for a while.

Ceb

Wow @ Code Age. The power of POLYMORPHIC CONTENT!

Morons. This, and I can't believe they greenlighted the Musashi sequel. What a waste of time and money.

Rock_Man

heidern said:
6. NDS Brain Training 24,000 655,000
7. NDS Soft Logic Puzzles 20,000 570,000

That´s an increase by 33% from last week. Perhaps DS hardware was up that much as well. In that case DS ~ 52k.

Lol, DS Brain Trainings went up again, Jump Super Stars back to the top 10 and there will be a few quite strong titles released today - DS domination in the next Media Create charts is for sure.

heidern

Leondexter said:
Megaman Battle Network, Mario Kart...that's it I think.
Nope, those are both over 900,000 but not over 1 million. None of the Mario Advance games hit a million either. Only the Pokemon games have hit platinum in Japan for the GBA. As for the DS, it's really hard to say. The games that could potentially hit platinum are Warioware, Mario 64 DS, the 3 Brain Training games, Mario Kart and Nintendogs. However I think the Brain Training and perhaps Nintendogs are the ones that could hit it by the end of January.

If the Media Create numbers are at 900,000+ or so, I think its safe to assume the game in actuality sold over 1 million copies, since Media Create/Famitsu/etc. don't track every single retailer and every single copy sold.

cvxfreak

If the DS has a really great holiday, which it will, it's possible Mario, Wario and the Brain Trainings will reach at least 900,000. I think the only one that will for sure reach a million is nintendogs.

Nintendogs has already shipped a million according to Nintendo. There was also another thread which had sell through numbers for Japan that listed Nintendogs at 900k already.

Personally I count both Brain Training titles as one game, ala Pokemon/Nintendogs.

heavenly

Nintendogs will not reach 1 mil this year or next. It has slowed down considerably since launch. Maybe at the end of the DS's life cycle. Same w/ Mario 64DS & Wario Ware.

The only ones that look like they could sell over 1 mil in the near future are the Brain Training games, & possibly Mario Kart, Animal Forest WW, & the Pokies.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
heavenly said:
Nintendogs will not reach 1 mil this year or next. It has slowed down considerably since launch. Maybe at the end of the DS's life cycle. Same w/ Mario 64DS & Wario Ware.

Nintendogs is a Christmas killer app.

Of course it has slowed down..., every game does that.

But I don't see a reason why Nintendogs won't reach a million in the next 3 months - if you combine all three versions (like Famitsu does it), it is always in the top 30 and most times about 10-15 (~10-20k per week).

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Frankfurter said:
Of course it has slowed down..., every game does that.

But I don't see a reason why Nintendogs won't reach a million in the next 3 months - if you combine all three versions (like Famitsu does it), it is always in the top 30 and most times about 10-15 (~10-20k per week).

Right, Ndogs is still selling about 80-100K a month so it'll hit 1M in japan WELL before the end of the DS's lifespan. Isn't it nearly there already?

fresquito

DS´ been having these strong sales with no real new software. Now that Princess Peach and a new Pokemon title are gonna be released (okay, it´s not your regular pokemon, but just look how well Pokemon Dash sold) (more accuratelly, have already been released), it´s gonna be insane.

mutsu

Not bad... can't wait for next week's numbers, when we'll see how the Princess Peach will affect the sales of the DS.

Also, I am sure everyone wants to find out where babies come from so that would give DS a kick upwards as well.

dkeane

gamewhooper said:
Are those handheld hardware sales confirmed? Usuall some other guy posts them, I believe (not that I don't trust you).

I'm pretty sure ki/oon always posts them.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
DS - 44,262
PSP - 29,162
PS2 - 23,659
GBM - 20,026
GBASP - 9,707
GC - 1,666
GBA - 431
Xbox - 132

Fuzzy

Jonnyram said:
PS2's really suffering during this handheld war.
I can't see Sony meeting their sales target, tbqh.
But they have the new silver slim PS2 coming out.

Fuzzy

I forgot to post this.

YTD / LTD
DS - 1,893,167 / 3,388,763
PSP - 1,427,953 / 1,910,205
DS Lead - 465,214 / 1,478,558

BTW the GBM is closing in on 300K (291,494). It'll pass the Xbox's LTD (~470K) before the end of the year. :lol

jman2050

You know, at first I was going to cry slight disappointment at the GBM numbers... then I remembered hat the GBM and GBASP stacked. So Nintendo handhelds outsold Sony's handheld 5:2 XD

Deku

Banned
the 4 and the 2 in the DS and PSP's respective sales numbers makes the DS/PSP spread look wider than it really is.

The spread is only 15k

mj1108

Deku said:
the 4 and the 2 in the DS and PSP's respective sales numbers makes the DS/PSP spread look wider than it really is.

The spread is only 15k

Nice shot at damage control. :lol

heidern

Tamagotchi is now the biggest selling 3rd party game on either the DS or the psp, and it looks like it will also outsell Hot Shots psp. The psp hardware has done ok considering the software isn't lighting up the charts but it is dropping again. The GBM is really dropping though. I wonder where it will bottom out. Tommorow sees the release of 5 new DS games.
Expect the DS to totally dominate next weeks charts with as many as 6 or 7 games in the top ten, with ps2 and GBA managing 1 or 2 each.

Fuzzy

The notes.
Total sales for the top 100 titles stood at 512,623 units. This is 75.58% of last week's average and 67.63% of the weekly average, a weak showing. There were no new titles for the week on par with last week's "Dragon Ball Z Sparking!," causing results to fall well below the weekly average.

Nine new releases ranked among the top 100 titles. Although "Code Age Commanders" (approximately 37,000 units) and "YU-GI-OH! Duel Monsters GX" (approximately 35,000 units) performed relatively well, other titles generally experienced low sales of fewer than 20,000 units. The share of sales consisting of new titles was also slightly low at 21.09%, showing that older titles accounted for most of the market.

Total sales for the same period last year (Week 2, October) totaled 486,455 units. This period usually sees a persistent sales slump each year due to a low number of new titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom