Media Create: May 3-9, 2010

Oct 1, 2009
1,385
0
0
bttb said:
http://azalyn.blog22.fc2.com/blog-entry-144.html

First Day Figures (05/13)
[PSP] Hakuouki: Yuugi Roku (Idea Factory) - LE 10,600 (65%) / SE 3,800 (58%)
[PS3] 2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa (Electronic Arts) - 7,900 (28%)
[360] Metro 2033 (Spike) - 4,100 (40%)
[NDS] Trick DS-han: Kakushi Kami no Sumu Yakata (Konami) - 2,400 (23%)
[360] 2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa (Electronic Arts) - 1,500 (22%)
[PSP] 2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa (Electronic Arts) - 1,300 (8%)
[WII] 2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa (Electronic Arts) - N/A (<500)
All shit. I am wondering though if PES 2010 will sell >100k. That is something that I could see selling surprisingly decent.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
31. / 00. [NDS] Nicola Kanshuu: Model Oshare Audition (Alchemist)
32. / 43. [NDS] Pro Baseball Family Stadium DS 2010 (Bandai Namco)
33. / 15. [PSP] Marriage Royale: Prism Story (ASCII Media Works)
34. / 32. [PS3] The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition (Bethesda Softworks)
35. / 36. [PSP] Tokyo Mono Harashi: Karasu no Mori Gakuen Kitan (Atlus Co.)
36. / 41. [NDS] Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reviere (Square Enix)
37. / 37. [PS3] God of War III (SCE)
38. / 00. [WII] Momotaro Railway 2010: Sengoku Ishin no Hero Daishuugou! no Maki (Hudson)
39. / 34. [NDS] Etrian Odyssey III: Caller of the Starry Seas (Atlus Co.)
40. / 13. [360] Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (Ubisoft)
41. / 49. [WII] One Piece: Unlimited Cruise 1 - The Treasure Beneath the Waves [Everyone's Recommendation Selection] (Bandai Namco)
42. / 46. [PS3] Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (Capcom)
43. / 47. [NDS] Naruto Shippuden: Ninjutsu Zenkai! Cha-Crash! (Takara Tomy)
44. / 00. [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo)
45. / 48. [PS3] Nobunaga's Ambition: Way of Heaven (Koei)
46. / 45. [PSP] God Eater (Bandai Namco)
47. / 50. [PS3] Demon's Souls [PlayStation 3 the Best] (SCE)
48. / 00. [WII] PokePark Wii: Picachu's Great Adventure (Pokemon Co.)
49. / 00. [NDS] Puyo Puyo 7 (Sega)
50. / 00. [PSP] Machi-Ing Maker 3 x Tousouchuu (D3 Publisher)

00. / 00. [ALL] Weekly Software Sales (All Publishers) - 1.071.699 / 21.781.010 (-44%)


NDS - 17
WII - 12
PS3 - 10
PSP - 8
360 - 2
PS2 - 1


HARDWARE

Code:
__________________________________________________________________
|System |  This Week  |  Last Week  |        YTD  |         LTD  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  NDS  |     46.498  |     45.265  |    876.962  |  30.156.042  |
|  PSP  |     36.697  |     61.205  |    908.150  |  14.651.238  |
|  WII  |     31.399  |     30.757  |    662.904  |  10.268.103  |
|  PS3  |     26.185  |     32.874  |    602.343  |   5.103.710  |
|  360  |      4.278  |      4.943  |     60.181  |   1.269.853  |
|  PS2  |      1.491  |      1.577  |     34.142  |  21.644.319  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
| DSiLL |     26.733  |     25.569  |    455.467  |     962.374  |
|  DSi  |     15.739  |     15.628  |    333.531  |   4.672.477  |
|  DSL  |      4.026  |      4.068  |     87.964  |  17.935.720  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  PSP  |     35.233  |     59.315  |    877.793  |  14.545.126  |
| PSPgo |      1.464  |      1.890  |     30.357  |     106.112  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
U.S. goes down but Japan goes up.

Golden Week (4/26-5/9) sold a total of 2.988.271 of software, 153,73% of the same period last year (4/27-5/10).

PS: 161,77%
Nintendo: 147,20%
Xbox: 185,09%

Hardware market is 99,88% of last year.

PS3: 140,38%
PSP (PSP go including): 105,76%
Wii: 135,29%
DS (DSL + DSi + DSi LL): 76,46%
Xbox360: 74,47%

Xbox360 and DS negative worth is covered by the other systems.

Comparison of market share with the previous year:

Software
Nintendo: 58,89% > 56,39%, PS: 38,75% > 40,78%, Xbox: 2,36% > 2,84%.

Hardware
Nintendo: 51,27% > 47,61%, PS: 44,91% > 49,53%, Xbox: 3,83% > 2,85%.
 
Jan 21, 2008
7,602
0
0
Brazil
sites.google.com
Dengeki Sales, May 3 - 9, 2010:

01 / 01 [NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (Square Enix) - 234,047 / 865,762
02 / 02 [PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Konami) - 132,850 / 541,576
03 / 04 [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 45,340 / 3,800,324
04 / 06 [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 33,073 / 2,704,205
05 / 07 [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Nintendo) - 26,628 / 3,105,473
06 / 12 [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 20,956 / 1,885,674
07 / 11 [NDS] Pokemon Ranger: Path of Light (Pokemon) - 19,244 / 447,861
08 / 03 [PS3] Super Street Fighter IV (Capcom) - 17,088 / 104,315
09 / 10 [PSP] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2010 (Konami) - 15,483 / 164,396
10 / 16 [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 14,675 / 1,893,528
11 / 18 [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - 12,647 / ?
12 / 09 [PS3] NieR Replicant (Square Enix) - 12,353 / 101,053
13 / 15 [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best Reprint) (Capcom) - 10,865 / 304,368
14 / 19 [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2010 (Konami) - 8,159 / 136,819
15 / 30 [NDS] Nicola Kanshuu: Model Oshare Audition (Alchemist) - 6,383 / ?
16 / 24 [NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Sky (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix) - 6,194 / ?
17 / 22 [WII] One Piece: Unlimited Cruise 2 - Awakening of the Hero (Everyone's Recommendation Selection) - 5,994 / ?
18 / 27 [NDS] Crayon Shin-Chan: Obaka Daininden Susume! Kasukabe Ninja Tai (Bandai Namco Games) - 5,617 / ?
19 / 20 [PS3] Hokuto Musou (Koei) - 5,506 / 545,626
20 / 08 [NDS] Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! DS Fate of Heat III - Yuki no Shugosha Raishuu! (Takara Tomy) - 4,939 / 27,372


Other software (LTD):
[PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus (Konami) - 483,000


Code:
Hardware |  This Week |  Last Week |    YTD     |    LTD
------------------------------------------------------------
NDS      |     45,020 |     43,933 |  1,035,722 | 30,000,419
PSP      |     40,220 |     62,079 |  1,040,209 | 14,429,601
WII      |     31,928 |     30,852 |    797,271 | 10,342,707
PS3      |     24,617 |     29,310 |    688,925 |  5,173,623
360      |     	4,315 |      3,742 |     81,262 |  1,289,917
PS2      |     	1,952 |      1,763 |     	| 			
------------------------------------------------------------
Total    |    148,052 |    171,679 |
Notes:

1) Nintendo DS reaches 30 million:
Code:
DS   -  6,540,000
DSL  - 17,810,000
DSi  -  4,680,000
DSiLL-    970,000
3) Total software for Golden Week period (04/26~05/09): 2,955,000 units (+42.2% from last year).

4) Total hardware for Golden Week period: 322,000 units (-0.7%).




http://research.ascii.jp/elem/000/000/045/45062/index.html
http://ascii.jp/elem/000/000/520/520867/
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/261/261658/

Apr. 26 - May 2
 
Apr 17, 2005
6,476
0
1,200
bttb said:
http://azalyn.blog22.fc2.com/blog-entry-144.html

First Day Figures (05/13)
[PSP] Hakuouki: Yuugi Roku (Idea Factory) - LE 10,600 (65%) / SE 3,800 (58%)
Missed it before, but great first day (selling what's usual for 1st week in just one day). If it does >20k, it'd be Idea Factory biggest 1st week since 2004 PS2 Generation of Chaos 4 (27k). As laughable as IF is, its astounding they are still alive despite 6 years without a single title debuting over 20k :lol
I wonder how will the PS3 Hakuouki do in June...
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Next week releases (20/05/10)

[NDS] Captain Tsubasa: Gekitou no Kiseki (Konami)
[NDS] Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell to Tsuki no Ishi (Disney Interactive)
[NDS] Minna de Dokusho DS Naruhodo! Tanoshii Seikatsu no Urawaza Inwaza (Dorart)

[PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami)
[PSP] Fullmetal Alchemist: To the Promised Land (Bandai Namco)
[PSP] B's-Log Party (Idea Factory)
[PSP] Motto Nuga-Cel! (Idea Factory)
[PSP] Otometeki Koi Kakumei Love Revo! Portable (Idea Factory)
[PSP] Ginsei Igo Portable (SilverStar)

[WII] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami)

[PS3] Lost Planet 2 (Capcom)
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami)

[360] Lost Planet 2 (Capcom)
[360] WarTech: Senko no Ronde Duo (Grev Ltd.)
[360] Tropico 3 (Russel)

[PS2] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami)
[PS2] Lucian Bee's: Evil Violet / Justice Yellow (5pb.)
[PS2] Tir Na Nog: Yuukyuu no Jin [System Soft Selection] (System Soft Alpha)
 
Jun 1, 2005
2,159
0
0
bttb said:
http://azalyn.blog22.fc2.com/blog-entry-142.html
Enterbrain figures for the week 05/03~05/09:
Code:
[PS3] Hokuto Musou                          4,300      534,000
Another Tecmo Koei classic!

This was supposed to sell a million units in Japan. Even with the 360 included, it is still a fair bit below 600k, and already below 5k per week on the PS3.

I really have no idea how anyone thought this was going to top a million in Japan.
 
Apr 17, 2005
6,476
0
1,200
Dalthien said:
Another Tecmo Koei classic!

This was supposed to sell a million units in Japan. Even with the 360 included, it is still a fair bit below 600k, and already below 5k per week on the PS3.

I really have no idea how anyone thought this was going to top a million in Japan.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/05/15/tecmo_koei_ceo_interview/
Tecmo Koei CEO Talks 3DS and Fist Sequels
Also, some major releases failed to reach their target sales.

Regarding the latter, he pointed to Wii's Sengoku Musou 3 (Samurai Warriors 3), which failed to reach 500,000 units despite respective sales of one million and 600,000 for parts 1 and 2.

Not all titles faired so poorly, though. Fist of the North Star, released on March 25 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, crossed 500,000 units shipped in its first two days and continues to see repeat orders. "We really wanted to release it earlier," said Matsubara. "I'm glad we made it out within the fiscal year."
It was never going to sell a million, but selling 600k is a success for a Musou title these days (also, their prediction for the PS3 version in japan was 800k, a million was combined). If they feel its not enough, they will port it and do the next one on more platforms from the start (see Gundam Musou). Barring any contracts, that's most likely how Sengoku Musou 3 is going to turn out.
 
Jun 7, 2004
31,867
1
1,520
Tokyo
www.twitter.com
Dalthien said:
Another Tecmo Koei classic!

This was supposed to sell a million units in Japan. Even with the 360 included, it is still a fair bit below 600k, and already below 5k per week on the PS3.

I really have no idea how anyone thought this was going to top a million in Japan.
Asking any console game to sell 1 Million units in Japan is also asking it to meet or exceed MH3's sales, and we all know how that turned out.

The days of third party console titles selling 1 Million units in the traditional way (big starts and reasonable legs for 2-3 months) have gone and we don't know when they'll come back. They've been supplanted by subdued starts and dragged out sales, often at budget prices.

Aside from Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Dragon Quest X, we may not see another million seller from a third party on a console this gen.
 
Jun 7, 2004
114,759
1
0
37
cvxfreak said:
Aside from Final Fantasy XIII and Dragon Quest X, we may not see another million seller from a third party on a console this gen.
I think Level 5 will manage at least one, if not two. I'm certain Versus XIII will pass a million as well. And there could well be another console Monster Hunter (either 3G or 4) which will likely pass a million on any platform.
 
Jun 7, 2004
31,867
1
1,520
Tokyo
www.twitter.com
duckroll said:
I think Level 5 will manage at least one, if not two. I'm certain Versus XIII will pass a million as well. And there could well be another console Monster Hunter (either 3G or 4) which will likely pass a million on any platform.
Indeed, I meant to say Versus XIII.

If Level 5 is developing DQX then they will surely manage at least one. :lol

Monster Hunter 3G is iffy, but 4 could definitely get there. I can't imagine either one coming out until Capcom has exhausted MHP3 and then some.
 
Jun 7, 2004
114,759
1
0
37
cvxfreak said:
Indeed, I meant to say Versus XIII.

If Level 5 is developing DQX then they will surely manage at least one. :lol

Monster Hunter 3G is iffy, but 4 could definitely get there. I can't imagine either one coming out until Capcom has exhausted MHP3 and then some.
I don't mean Level 5 as a developer, but as a publisher. They definitely have console plans in the pipeline, and considering how successful they have been in launching IPs which are pretty much custom made to appeal to a very well researched audience with the right collaborations to successfully boost interest in media-mix fashions, I would be very surprised if they don't manage at least one million seller on consoles this generation.

I guess we'll see, but if Level 5 can't do it, then yeah we're stuck with FF, DQ and maybe MH.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Not that this means much but looking at comgnet 10 days before its release Galaxy 2 has 50% more preorders from Galaxy at the same time frame. Can any j-gaffer give any information about the hype and the advertising from Nintendo? Just don't tell me that Nintendo pushes harder NSMBW from Galaxy 2.
 
Jun 7, 2004
31,867
1
1,520
Tokyo
www.twitter.com
Peace Walker is now ¥3771 on Amazon.co.jp, which is a 28% discount. 28% is a deeper discount than what Amazon JP usually offers, and is a good indicator that Amazon JP has more stock than they were predicting. Usually we can expect a 20% or so discount from release.

I'm not in Japan right now to see if any minor price drops have occurred.

As for Galaxy 2, I'm not holding my expectations high.
 
Chris1964 said:
Next week releases (20/05/10)

[NDS] Captain Tsubasa: Gekitou no Kiseki (Konami)
[NDS] Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell to Tsuki no Ishi (Disney Interactive)
[NDS] Minna de Dokusho DS Naruhodo! Tanoshii Seikatsu no Urawaza Inwaza (Dorart)

[PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami)
[PSP] Fullmetal Alchemist: To the Promised Land (Bandai Namco)
[PSP] B's-Log Party (Idea Factory)
[PSP] Motto Nuga-Cel! (Idea Factory)
[PSP] Otometeki Koi Kakumei Love Revo! Portable (Idea Factory)
[PSP] Ginsei Igo Portable (SilverStar)

[WII] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami)

[PS3] Lost Planet 2 (Capcom)
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami)

[360] Lost Planet 2 (Capcom)
[360] WarTech: Senko no Ronde Duo (Grev Ltd.)
[360] Tropico 3 (Russel)

[PS2] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Aoki Samurai no Chousen (Konami)
[PS2] Lucian Bee's: Evil Violet / Justice Yellow (5pb.)
[PS2] Tir Na Nog: Yuukyuu no Jin [System Soft Selection] (System Soft Alpha)
Alan Wake and RDR are out on 18th.
 
Jan 21, 2008
7,602
0
0
Brazil
sites.google.com
bttb said:
FY2009 Sales of Major Titles
Code:
|  Title Name                                 |  Platform    |  Region    |  Unit Sales  |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  Final Fantasy XIII                         |  PS3,360     |  J,NA,E,A  |   5,550,000  |
|  Dragon Quest IX                            |  NDS         |  J         |   4,260,000  |
|  Batman: Arkham Asylum                      |  PS3,360,PC  |  J,NA,E    |   3,240,000  |
|  Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days                  |  NDS         |  J,NA,E    |   1,490,000  |
|  Dragon Quest VI                            |  NDS         |  J         |   1,290,000  |
|  Just Cause 2                               |  PS3,360,PC  |  NA,E      |     920,000  |
|  Dissidia Final Fantasy                     |  PSP         |  NA,E      |     820,000  |
|  Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep              |  PSP         |  J,A       |     760,000  |
- 1.19M total for Just Cause 2 as of April-end.
- 1.81M total for Dissidia Final Fantasy including Japan sales.
Thanks.

The even split for FFXIII is amusing:

JP 1.85m
NA 1.79m
EU 1.77m
Asia 0.14m

The news it outsold XII won't help the arguments against XIII, though... haha
 

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
27,410
1
0
KH 358/2 did pretty well for a spin-off. 09 was probably the last year big big se ds releases besides of dqm joker 2. i hope they got some 3ds announcments ready at e3...
 
Jun 7, 2004
114,759
1
0
37
cw_sasuke said:
KH 358/2 did pretty well for a spin-off. 09 was probably the last year big big se ds releases besides of dqm joker 2. i hope they got some 3ds announcments ready at e3...
If they announce anything for the 3DS at E3, which would already be unusual, don't expect it to be out until 2012.
 

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
27,410
1
0
duckroll said:
If they announce anything for the 3DS at E3, which would already be unusual, don't expect it to be out until 2012.
Honestly i would be suprised if SE doesn't jump on the 3DS train as early as possible, after all that money they made on the ds. They should have some outsourced games ready for 2011 ( at least in Japan ) it worked well on DS with Jupiter, H.an.nd, TOSE, Matrix etc.

Maybe we will see a revival of their Pollux Engine for Wii/3DS Games.

But yeah 2012 for a western release seems about right. Do you think they could change their strategy on handhelds by releaseing psp games like dissidia on the 3ds or will they maintain their exklusive approuch for both handhelds ?
 
Apr 30, 2008
7,133
0
0
Ga
So Nier is likely going to top 100k on just the PS3 in Japan. This surprises but also pleases me a little bit. I'd like to see what Cavia can do on a possible future sequel with more of a budget.
 
duckroll said:
If they announce anything for the 3DS at E3, which would already be unusual, don't expect it to be out until 2012.
I think if there has been one thing that Square Enix has really shown this generation, it's that doing things like they've historically done is about as usual as them doing something radically different.

I wouldn't rule them out of a 2011 3DS release of some kind.
 

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
May 21, 2006
17,232
3
0
duckroll said:
If they announce anything for the 3DS at E3, which would already be unusual, don't expect it to be out until 2012.
It's weird, because they announce two games for Wii at E3 '06, both planned to be "launch period" titles. They never quite achieved that goal, did they?
 
Jun 7, 2004
114,759
1
0
37
cw_sasuke said:
Honestly i would be suprised if SE doesn't jump on the 3DS train as early as possible, after all that money they made on the ds. They should have some outsourced games ready for 2011 ( at least in Japan ) it worked well on DS with Jupiter, H.an.nd, TOSE, Matrix etc.
I'll be interested if they announce FF5 and FF6 for 3DS. Aside from remakes of good games and major titles, I think their DS output by and large a lot of crap. Percentage wise probably about as bad as their PS1 output. Lots of titles, but lots of crappy stuff. Hopefully that doesn't carry over to the 3DS launch period like what happened with the PS2 (Driving Emotion, crappy sports games, Bouncer, etc), I think that would hurt S-E's brand and the 3DS userbase more than anything else.

More importantly, I'll be interested in seeing if they actually move AWAY from outsourcing 3DS games if the hardware is good enough. There were very, very few internally developed DS games from S-E (FFCC RoF, FFCC EoT, Mario 3v3 Basket), while all their major PSP titles are internal because of the hardware strength. If that development mentality carries over to the 3DS, there should by right be many more internal S-E 3DS games.

cw_sasuke said:
Do you think they could change their strategy on handhelds by releaseing psp games like dissidia on the 3ds or will they maintain their exklusive approuch for both handhelds ?
I think S-E will largely maintain an exclusive approach when dealing with successful platforms in Japan. Especially since the 3DS will offer something new in functionality it makes no sense for them not to take advantage of that while conceiving new projects.
 
So Square Enix predicted a fair drop in sales this fiscal year: http://i39.tinypic.com/24g0psp.png

This is how their stock has been responding so far:



I think this might be after hours though, but checking here should show the full damage after the Japanese markets close tomorrow if that's the case: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot.asp?ticker=9684:JP

Apparently they've been sliding for a few months for some reason. It seems this result may have been predicted. However, considering the stock still plummeted almost 7%, it seems some were holding out hope.

You see duckroll, this is why companies need to grow every year from their shareholders' perspective, no matter how illogical or unfair it is to the company. :p
 

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
May 21, 2006
17,232
3
0
duckroll said:
I'll be interested if they announce FF5 and FF6 for 3DS. Aside from remakes of good games and major titles, I think their DS output by and large a lot of crap. Percentage wise probably about as bad as their PS1 output. Lots of titles, but lots of crappy stuff. Hopefully that doesn't carry over to the 3DS launch period like what happened with the PS2 (Driving Emotion, crappy sports games, Bouncer, etc), I think that would hurt S-E's brand and the 3DS userbase more than anything else.
Wait, really?

Rocket Slime: Awesome
Children of Mana: OK
Mario Hoops 3-on-3: Awesome
Final Fantasy 3: About as good of a remake as it could have been
Chocobo Tales: Awesome
DQM: J: Meh
Heroes of Mana: Poor
Front Mission: OK
Revenant Wings: Poor, although others thought it was better than that
TWEWY: I didn't much go for it, but reception was certainly awesome
CC: ROF: OK
Tactics A2: Pretty good
DQIVr: Awesome, minus the party talk cut thing
FFIV: Awesome
DQVr: Awesome
Valkyrie Profile DS: ???
Chrono Trigger: Awesome
DQIX: ??
358/2 Days: Pretty good
CC Echoes of Time: ??

Arkanoid DS: OK
Exit DS: Pretty Good
Space Invaders Extreme: Awesome
Space Invaders Extreme 2: Awesome

I mean, maybe their output seems better to me because they didn't localize a lot of the stuff you could be calling questionable, but over here it looks like their record is pretty darn good. Of their unlocalized stuff, Yosumin was pretty awesome, and I can't imagine the Chocobo's Dungeon port or Chocobo Tales 2 were weak. I guess that leaves Nanashi no Game, Sigma Harmonics, Blood of Bahamut, FF Gaiden, and SaGa 2?
 
Aug 8, 2006
18,662
0
0
duckroll said:
If they announce anything for the 3DS at E3, which would already be unusual, don't expect it to be out until 2012.
Well they did release Egg Monster Hero for the DS rather early. Unfortunately it's an outsoursed piece of crap...

Stumpokapow said:
Mario Hoops 3-on-3: Awesome
I cannot disagree more. As a NBA Jam clone it's the worst out there. As a Mario branded sport title it's the least fun.

The best part about this game is probably the multiplayer coin battle that has nothing to do with basketball.
 
Jun 2, 2005
7,839
0
1,185
Stumpokapow said:
Wait, really?

Rocket Slime: Awesome
Children of Mana: OK
Mario Hoops 3-on-3: Awesome
Final Fantasy 3: About as good of a remake as it could have been
Chocobo Tales: Awesome
DQM: J: Meh
Heroes of Mana: Poor
Front Mission: OK
Revenant Wings: Poor, although others thought it was better than that
TWEWY: I didn't much go for it, but reception was certainly awesome
CC: ROF: OK
Tactics A2: Pretty good
DQIVr: Awesome, minus the party talk cut thing
FFIV: Awesome
DQVr: Awesome
Valkyrie Profile DS: ???
Chrono Trigger: Awesome
DQIX: ??
358/2 Days: Pretty good
CC Echoes of Time: ??

Arkanoid DS: OK
Exit DS: Pretty Good
Space Invaders Extreme: Awesome
Space Invaders Extreme 2: Awesome

I mean, maybe their output seems better to me because they didn't localize a lot of the stuff you could be calling questionable, but over here it looks like their record is pretty darn good. Of their unlocalized stuff, Yosumin was pretty awesome, and I can't imagine the Chocobo's Dungeon port or Chocobo Tales 2 were weak. I guess that leaves Nanashi no Game, Sigma Harmonics, Blood of Bahamut, FF Gaiden, and SaGa 2?
I think they've put out too many lackluster games, they have a bunch of solid, but unremarkable games besides for the remakes and The World Ends With You and Dragon Quest Heroes.