• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 04 - 10 Dec (HOLY ****ING CRAP edition)

cvxfreak

Yamauchi said:
Wii Sports probably won't be in the MC Top 10 since they count Pokemans separately. Wii is the new PS3? Nintendo needs to ship more.

But the Rockman games probably won't make it either, so who knows...

duckroll

PhoenixDark said:
I wonder what the Wii numbers will look like now, as well as the PS3. BTW: Blue Dragon is out the top ten.

How can Blue Dragon stay in the top ten when Wii Sports did about 60k? Sinobi reports that Blue Dragon did about 17k in the second week, which is pretty good. Motorstorm's weekly total is about 10k. The PSP Winning Eleven 10 did about 25k. Overall this week's numbers are still rather high, since the #10 is about 60k, definitely a dropoff from last week's charts but the releases were also much bigger.

Edit: Oh and sinobi also says that the Xbox360 hardware numbers is 5-figures as well, two weeks continously! Rolling thunder! Rise to the heavens! :D

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
Neomoto said:
Good job Nintendo, I think it's safe to say that you succesfully accomplished what no other could have done.. killing Japan, 3rd party's in general, real games and of course the entire gaming industry as we know it. I hope your happy now.

Mission Accomplished!

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
When the hell did France become Nintendo-land? Wasn't it in the Sony camp just last year? I mean, is the PSP even a challenge for the DS in that country anymore?

Also, I just want to point out that these media create charts show that the DS has grown the market. Having to perform better than 60k to make it into the top ten (or 11) shows monumental growth when a few years back the average top 10 game sold roughly 25000 units.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
duckroll said:
How can Blue Dragon stay in the top ten when Wii Sports did about 60k? Sinobi reports that Blue Dragon did about 17k in the second week, which is pretty good. Motorstorm's weekly total is about 10k. The PSP Winning Eleven 10 did about 25k. Overall this week's numbers are still rather high, since the #10 is about 60k, definitely a dropoff from last week's charts but the releases were also much bigger.

Edit: Oh and sinobi also says that the Xbox360 hardware numbers is 5-figures as well, two weeks continously! Rolling thunder! Rise to the heavens! :D

Oh shit!

450.32 systems sold!

Mato

RG2 sales are pleasently surprising, glad to see Sega doing well, first with that girlie DS game and now this one.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Barf_the_Mog said:
When the hell did France become Nintendo-land? Wasn't it in the Sony camp just last year? I mean, is the PSP even a challenge for the DS in that country anymore?

Sonyland only extends to home consoles. Sony handhelds disgrace to sony legacy!

/ken

Meier

Roders5 said:
DS =

a691_thumb.gif

Oh my god, that's the funniest thing I've ever seen. :lol

neo2046 said:
Famitsu 11 - 17 Dec
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/12/20/103,1166611060,64776,0,0.html

01 NDS pokemon D/P
02 NDS Kirby
03 PS2 Ryu Ga Gotoku 2
04 NDS Fushigi no Dungeon Shiren DS
05 NDS Rockman
06 NDS Love and Berry DS Collection
07 NDS New SMB
08 PS2 Wild Arms V
09 NDS Jump Ultimate Stars
10 Wii Wii Sports

So Pokemon Wii is a flop. NDS killed Wii. Nintendo drive out of the market by themselves. LOL. I wonder PS3 will outsell Wii this week.

Neomoto

LanceStern said:
Nintendo: "We brought you into this world, we can take you out!"
Exactly.
kisakiproject said:
So Pokemon Wii is a flop. NDS killed Wii. Nintendo drive out of the market by themselves. LOL. I wonder PS3 will outsell Wii this week.
Pokemon Wii came out on on 18 dec. right? So next week we'll see it.

11-20 could be Wii titles. but with DS hitting 400,000 sales no other platform has a chance of getting in the top ten unless its a big game.

DS is just making other stuff look bad...... Wii shipments where are you?

Busaiku

Barf_the_Mog said:
The Sony PSP is murdering the Nintendo DS in New Zealand and Ireland, I think.

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
Busaiku said:
Even if it was, no one cares about kiwis, they're ugly overweight birds.

Busaiku

DefectiveReject said:
no it isn't.
do you just make random things up?
Well, I just derived that from the software sales I saw before (for a few months, the Sony PSP had some software on the charts, but the Nintendo DS didn't).

I doubt given that Wii preformed below shipped numbers last week. Nintendo just needs to go third party of nintendo already. DS killed next gen. But wii this week 60,000?? NDS 160,000,000 or however may japanese people don't have it yet.

KINGMOKU

kisakiproject said:
I doubt given that Wii preformed below shipped numbers last week. Nintendo just needs to go third party of nintendo already. DS killed next gen. But wii this week 60,000?? NDS 160,000,000 or however may japanese people don't have it yet.
I'll just laugh at this one. :lol

Kandinsky said:
Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book, bomba?

Depends. If it came in at ~50k (as I was predicting it might at the beginning of the week) it could glide into 100-200k lifetime, which I expect is all S-E is really looking for. If, on the other hand, it came in <30k I think we can all agree that it's doomed.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
kisakiproject said:

:lol :lol

The emporer is gonna commission Yoshiki Hayashi to compose his 20th year anniversary on Electroplankton on the emporers costume made DS. Just wait till 2009. Its gonna happen.

polg

Busaiku said:

orly? I'd like to see official PSP numbers in NZ before the word "murdering" is used again... :D

Whiz

polluar said:
TOP France Decembre 11th - Decembre 17 TH

1 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA : TWILIGHT PRINCESS NINTENDO WII NINTENDO
2 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6 KONAMI PS2 KONAMI
3 LES SIMS 2 : ANIMAUX ET COMPAGNIE ELECTR. AR DS ELECTRONIC ARTS
4 PROGRAMME D'ENTRAINEMENT CEREBRAL NINTENDO DS NINTENDO
5 NEED FOR SPEED : CARBON ELECTR. AR PS2 ELECTRONIC ARTS
6 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA : TWILIGHT PRINCESS NINTENDO GAMECUBE NINTENDO
7 WII PLAY + TELECOMMANDE NINTENDO WII NINTENDO
8 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS NINTENDO DS NINTENDO
9 POKEMON DONJON MYSTERE : EQUIPE DE SECOURS BLEUE NINTENDO DS NINTENDO
10 CALL OF DUTY 3 ACTIVISION PS2 ACTIVISION
11 DRAGON BALL Z : BUDOKAI TENKAICHI 2 ATARI PS2 ATARI
12 RAYMAN CONTRE LES LAPINS CRETINS UBI SOFT WII UBI SOFT
13 WINX CLUB : THE QUEST FOR THE CODEX KONAMI DS KONAMI
14 RED STEEL UBI SOFT WII UBI SOFT
15 FIFA 07 ELECTR. AR PS2 ELECTRONIC ARTS
16 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6 KONAMI PSP KONAMI
17 ARTHUR ET LES MINIMOYS ATARI DS ATARI
18 ENGLISH TRAINING DS NINTENDO DS NINTENDO
19 TOTALLY SPIES 2: UNDERCOVER ATARI DS ATARI
20 ANIMAL CROSSING: WILD WORLD NINTENDO DS

9 DS
5 PS2
4 Wii
1 GCN
1 PSP

:O

CorwinB

cvxfreak said:
France and Japan are conspiring to overthrow the World Gaming Order. They're the Axis of [insert witty word here].

In addition to hating freedom, it seems France hates gaming too. Does our treachery know no bound ? :D

Deku

Banned
BorkBork said:
What is up with the Wii supply? They can't even get a million to Japan by the end of the month. That's pretty pathetic.

How did you surmise over 500k in Japan to not being able to get a million in the market. I don't follow your train of logic. And these numbers are rumored numbers for a chart that covers last weeks sales, December isn't over until Jan 2007 when the last week of Dec numbers come in.

cvxfreak said:
France and Japan are conspiring to overthrow the World Gaming Order. They're the Axis of [insert witty word here].

Axis of Cool

Koren

polluar said:
TOP France Decembre 11th - Decembre 17 TH

6 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA : TWILIGHT PRINCESS NINTENDO GAMECUBE NINTENDO
I want to know how it managed to be 6th, it's almost nowhere to be found, and allocations were far lower than expected...

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Oh man, Nintendo DS is something....bah, I cannot find the right words to describe this phenomen.

Slayer of Consoles???

DS is a beast. I hope nintendo makes some real games with all that $ they are getting.

Taurus

kisakiproject said:
Slayer of Consoles???

DS is a beast. I hope nintendo makes some real games with all that $ they are getting.
Forget it. Real games are dead. D-e-a-d! Viva la revolution!

P.s When do we get hardware numbers? I know thursday is the day but how many hours left?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Deku said:
How did you surmise over 500k in Japan to not being able to get a million in the market. I don't follow your train of logic. And these numbers are rumored numbers for a chart that covers last weeks sales, December isn't over until Jan 2007 when the last week of Dec numbers come in.

Axis of Cool

500k with 2 weeks to go seems low IMO, and I just don't get why they're only shipping 100k or so a week. I could understand some shipping problems for not having enough supply in North America, but in Japan? That seems silly for a console with no manufacturing problems.

KINGMOKU

BorkBork said:
500k with 2 weeks to go seems low IMO, and I just don't get why they're only shipping 100k or so a week. I could understand some shipping problems for not having enough supply in North America, but in Japan? That seems silly for a console with no manufacturing problems.
Now how could you possibly know that?

neo2046 said:
Famitsu 11 - 17 Dec
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/12/20/103,1166611060,64776,0,0.html

01 NDS pokemon D/P
02 NDS Kirby
03 PS2 Ryu Ga Gotoku 2
04 NDS Fushigi no Dungeon Shiren DS
05 NDS Rockman
06 NDS Love and Berry DS Collection
07 NDS New SMB
08 PS2 Wild Arms V
09 NDS Jump Ultimate Stars
10 Wii Wii Sports

=\

I was hoping Blue Dragon would stay on the top 10 one more week ... hopefully it got a fair amount of sales.

Top Bottom