• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 04 - 10 Dec (HOLY ****ING CRAP edition)

Haunted

kisakiproject said:
Slayer of Consoles???

DS is a beast. I hope nintendo makes some real games with all that $ they are getting.

neo2046 said:
Famitsu 11 - 17 Dec
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/200...64776,0,0.html

01 NDS pokemon D/P
02 NDS Kirby
03 PS2 Ryu Ga Gotoku 2
04 NDS Fushigi no Dungeon Shiren DS
05 NDS Rockman

06 NDS Love and Berry DS Collection
07 NDS New SMB
08 PS2 Wild Arms V
09 NDS Jump Ultimate Stars
10 Wii Wii Sports (and that's debatable)

?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
moku said:
Now how could you possibly know that?

So you're saying there are production problems on the dated and reliable hardware that the Wii is based on? There haven't been any news or hints of manufacturing problems at all.

:lol at everyone taking kisakiproject seriously. Keep the thread entertaining dude!

It is interesting that "core" games like Kirby, Megaman, those Dungeon games, Jump Superstars, etc. are tearing it up on the DS and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker is likely to have massive sales in a week or two.

The "non-game" thing I think for Nintendo was just a means to an end. It ignited the market, and now, lo and behold, the effects of that are trickling down to more traditional game genres.

KINGMOKU

BorkBork said:
So you're saying there are production problems on the dated and reliable hardware that the Wii is based on? There haven't been any news or hints of manufacturing problems at all.

:lol at everyone taking kisakiproject seriously. Keep the thread entertaining dude!
No. your saying that they are not having production problems at all.

Nice try though.

soundwave05 said:
It is interesting that "core" games like Kirby, Megaman, those Dungeon games, Jump Superstars, etc. are tearing it up on the DS and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker is likely to have massive sales in a week or two.

The "non-game" thing I think for Nintendo was just a means to an end. It ignited the market, and now, lo and behold, the effects of that are trickling down to more traditional game genres.

While I agree wholeheartedly, the whole "non-game" tag reeks of a misnomer to me. Such is the way of the
NeoGAF
world.

BorkBork

moku said:
No. your saying that they are not having production problems at all.

Nice try though.

Yeah that's what I'm saying, in the absence of any proof that are having manufacturing problems, coupled with the common sense notion that this is easy-to-produce hardware.

Koren

BorkBork said:
That seems silly for a console with no manufacturing problems.
Even if it's true (difficult to say), that wouldn't mean that you can have any number of console you want.

Suppose a factory can produce 200k units a month, you won't build dozens of them for launch's sake. Maybe two, three, four, depending on the number of consoles you expect to sell each month after launch.

Knowing this, consoles available near launch only depends on how many months they had before launch to build an inventory. If simply one factory is late, you'll cut significantly your initial allocation.

BorkBork

Koren said:
Even if it's true (difficult to say), that wouldn't mean that you can have any number of console you want.

Suppose a factory can produce 200k units a month, you won't build dozens of them for launch's sake. Maybe two, three, four, depending on the number of consoles you expect to sell each month after launch.

Knowing this, consoles available near launch only depends on how many months they had before launch to build an inventory. If simply one factory is late, you'll cut significantly your initial allocation.

All of which feeds into my disappointing supply issue comment. They screwed up somewhere along the line in delivering the system to meet the demand. Obviously, the demand is higher than they expected, but the supply situation still plays a big role.

dark10x said:
How about that? Wild Arms actually made the chart. :)

Wild Arms sells well in Japan, though...doesn't it? =\

Although I admit, this has got to be the least hyped game of the series. (I still want impressions by Bebpo though :D )

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
BorkBork said:
Yeah that's what I'm saying, in the absence of any proof that are having manufacturing problems, coupled with the common sense notion that this is easy-to-produce hardware.

Nintendo has to supply three regions with huge demand in each. I think that is the main problem.

Outside of Wii sport and Love Berry most of the DS games were actual games. So Kirby is getting bigger in Japan??? NSMB has crazy legs. When is the revealing of NSMB2.

And non-games are getting old. Stop making them.

Link

The Autumn Wind
The replies in this thread only further illustrate the dire need of Non-Game Training. Get on it, Nintendo.

duderon said:
Nintendo has to supply three regions with huge demand in each. I think that is the main problem.

Yeah. it seems that the Wii has had a huge success in Europe. I have seen the TG, that traditionally doesn't speak about videogames. Well, today they said for the first time after the PS2 and PSP's launch that the Wii is the MUST-HAVE in Europe with the iPod Nano.

annectdotely DSL are sold out everywhere in the US that I've been.

But damn. DSL. At this rate ds will overtake PS2 by a year from now at the latest

Bo130

600-700k sounds a bit high, IMO. It's december, so you'll never know, though.

The software sales are high this week. I'd expected to see Pokémon Battle Revolution on the chart, at least.

Speaking of DS/L and also seeing how NSMB is back in the charts, does anyone have the Mario Bros. chart that listed all the Mario Bros. games in order by who sold the most? (I was gonna wait till the new #'s were out, so if you have it but want to wait till you update it to post it, that is perfectly fine too :D)

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Absolutely. 600-700k are a certitude. But if Nintendo can supply more units, clearly even 750k are possible.
Nintendo has stopped shipping DSL to Europe and USA (or so it seems, there's none to be found in either). All stock is for japan, they're going to sell eleventeen zillions.

Mark my words, I'd bet a week-long ban on it, but i'm going on holidays saturday so it wouldn't be fair to you.
Bo130 said:

The software sales are high this week. I'd expected to see Pokémon Battle Revolution on the chart, at least.
Last year the regular DS sold above 600k (606,750 units in the 3rd week of december), and it had never reached the levels of craze the DSL generates.

If they can ship a million, they'll sell a million, seriously.
(a million console sold in a single week, how amazing would that be?)

Taurus

VOOK said:
Every Buzz game is on the charts, sorry NZ you phail.
I have a feeling that NZ might be the key market area in this PS3/Xbox 360/Wii -generation so don't laugh! Or you'll be sorry some day...

mj1108

Bo130 said:

Nintendo had a 600k week last year during Christmas -- and that was with the DS Fat.

Nintendo won't be able to ship 700k DS' for a week in Japan this year IMO.

Europe is eating up 500k a week and demand is way up in North America this Christmas too.

Europe might actually be able to break the 600k/700k barrier itself. I don't think Nintendo can replenish it's stock to meet that type of global demand.

Taurus

BlackNMild2k1 said:
Speaking of DS/L and also seeing how NSMB is back in the charts, does anyone have the Mario Bros. chart that listed all the Mario Bros. games in order by who sold the most? (I was gonna wait till the new #'s were out, so if you have it but want to wait till you update it to post it, that is perfectly fine too :D)
Here's a chart, not sure if it's the one you were looking for...

http://www.vgcharts.org/ngwars.php

Mar

Link said:
The replies in this thread only further illustrate the dire need of Non-Game Training. Get on it, Nintendo.

Oh man. You finally got transparency in your avatar!

triforcega.gif

That was driving me crazy. There was a number of times where I felt like just fixing it for you.

Bo130

Masklinn said:
Last year the regular DS sold above 600k (606,750 units in the 3rd week of december), and it had never reached the levels of craze the DSL generates.

If they can ship a million, they'll sell a million, seriously.

I know very well that they did 600k in a week last year, but I don't think they can ship enough units to sell that much in Japan only this year. Shipping is my only problem, I know it will almost certainly sell out no matter what for a long time to come.

Taurus said:
Here's a chart, not sure if it's the one you were looking for...

[VGCharts image]
Close, but there was one that had a pic of the Mario that was used in each game. that would be the one I was specifically looking for, but thanx anyway.

Flakster99 said:
Call'em on it, asap. It's BS, pure and simple.
This really comes from people (who think that they're gamers) that started with the Playstation and the start of the cinematic gaming cycle. We're reaching a new phase of gaming (more social and interface based) and since all these people know are the cinematic cycle, they think that the new games are not games.

This article delves deeply into the theory of cycles in videogames that are outside of the console cycles, and is very interesting, even with it's pro-wii bent.

KINGMOKU

BlackNMild2k1 said:
Close, but there was one that had a pic of the Mario that was used in each game. that would be the one I was specifically looking for, but thanx anyway.
Ahh, you must be thinking of my ultra mario chart;

SUPERMARIOCHARTF.jpg

I havnt updated it for a month, but I will once the numbers for NSMB for this week are final.

Top Bottom