• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 04/13 - 04/19

Vinci

Danish
I'm looking forward to seeing how MH3 does. Firstly, because it would give us some idea as to the sheer size and dedication of its fanbase; secondly, it would give us some impression as to the userbase for the Wii in Japan; and thirdly, there is no excuse for it failing to make a dent sales-wise.

The climate is right for it to be big on a console. There's no reason why it shouldn't be. This isn't like Animal Crossing, where being on the Wii sees little advantage to being on a handheld due to the nature of its graphics; and it's not like Mario Kart.

Its fanbase is very, very hardcore by the very nature of its mechanics. If its community refuses to show up to the party, then that's outright a rejection of the Wii.

There will be virtually no good excuses this time. If it fails, then the Wii is a casual machine; if it sells, 'it's Monster Hunter - of course it sells!' will be heard on here for months.

markatisu

Vinci said:
There will be virtually no good excuses this time. If it fails, then the Wii is a casual machine; if it sells, 'it's Monster Hunter - of course it sells!' will be heard on here for months.

So the Wii cannot win is what you are saying :lol

Vinci said:
I'm looking forward to seeing how MH3 does. Firstly, because it would give us some idea as to the sheer size and dedication of its fanbase; secondly, it would give us some impression as to the userbase for the Wii in Japan; and thirdly, there is no excuse for it failing to make a dent sales-wise.

The climate is right for it to be big on a console. There's no reason why it shouldn't be. This isn't like Animal Crossing, where being on the Wii sees little advantage to being on a handheld due to the nature of its graphics; and it's not like Mario Kart.

Its fanbase is very, very hardcore by the very nature of its mechanics. If its community refuses to show up to the party, then that's outright a rejection of the Wii.

Yup, ditto for me. What's the release date for this again? And wow at what a ff demo will do for ps3 sales. Let's see what happens next week.

BishopLamont said:
The Wii already won though.
But some asshole keeps moving the goalposts. I think that even if Nintendo were to teabag Sony's rotting corpse, some would still refuse to acknowledge Nintendo's victory.

-Kh-

Banned
bmf said:
Might we see an announcement that MH3 accounts can be shared between a Wii and the eventual PSP version?

AranhaHunter said:
I seriously doubt it, I think it's technically possible and they could probably do some neat shit between a handheld/console versions of MH, but unless MH3 gets moved/ported to the PS3/PSN and/or MHP3 gets moved/ported to the DS, I doubt it'll ever happen.

I haven't posted in a MC thread since last year, but I wanted to comment on this.

It could be a very likely if Capcom decides to include an online paid system into MHP3.

It certainly wouldn't be the first paid cross-platform game (if there is an older game please correct me) but that honor would be for Final Fantasy XI (PS2/PC/360). It would actually be the first console/handheld game indeed, but technically, there wouldn't be much problems anyway.

I think a cross-platform online mode would benefit both versions, well as far as characters and items are stored server-side, but I guess that's another story and doesn't actually applies to MH3, but who knows. It still would be great to have both versions be compatible.

Vinci said:

I think MH3 will sell 500K+ first week and 1.5+ million LTD, maybe even 700K+ first week and 2+ million LTD. It will provide a bigger boost to Wii HW than WSR.

Right now MH is the 3rd biggest RPG franchise in Japan, and not that far behind FF and DQ IMO.

-Kh- said:
I haven't posted in a MC thread since last year, but I wanted to comment on this.

It could be a very likely if Capcom decides to include an online paid system into MHP3.

It certainly wouldn't be the first paid cross-platform game (if there is an older game please correct me) but that honor would be for Final Fantasy XI (PS2/PC/360). It would actually be the first console/handheld game indeed, but technically, there wouldn't be much problems anyway.

I think a cross-platform online mode would benefit both versions, well as far as characters and items are stored server-side, but I guess that's another story and doesn't actually applies to MH3, but who knows. It still would be great to have both versions be compatible.

Could PS2 FFXI players play against 360 FFXI players and PC FFXI players?

Either way I find it EXTREMELY unlikely to ever happen because

1) Capcom would be silly to include paid online play in the PSP version
2) What was suggested wasn't cross platform play but connectivity and transferring characters and assets between the console and handheld version.
3) Sony is not gonna allow it and neither will Nintendo, different circumstances from FFXI (if that allowed cross platform play).

markatisu

nextgeneration said:
Yup, ditto for me. What's the release date for this again? And wow at what a ff demo will do for ps3 sales. Let's see what happens next week.

There is no firm release date outside "summer" which could be as late as August

I would imagine it will be July/August to get people to buy the demo instead of holding off and waiting 3 months

spwolf said:
why? Because you believe MH3 should have same impact on Wii hardware that VF5 had on PS3's?
Because it's a forum, there's nothing to be chicken about, I've made predictions before and I've eaten alot of crow. Only this time I think a game on the Wii won't do much to push hardware, all of a sudden I'm a chicken? What do you want me to say? That it will push alot of hardware?

-Kh-

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
Could PS2 FFXI players play against 360 FFXI players and PC FFXI players?

Either way I find it EXTREMELY unlikely to ever happen because

1) Capcom would be silly to include paid online play in the PSP version
2) What was suggested wasn't cross platform play but connectivity and transferring characters and assets between the console and handheld version.
3) Sony is not gonna allow it and neither will Nintendo, different circumstances from FFXI (if that allowed cross platform play).

PS2, PC, 360, Japanese, American, European, Asian, etc, any FFXI player, from any platform and from any country all together on all servers.

Quite amazing compared to many of the others MMO games back at the time, and even now. You can argue that there are many cons or pros, but that's to discuss elsewhere.

For your other points:

1) It wouldn't be silly at all if it retains the original Ad-hoc local multiplayer as the other games. There is nothing wrong with PSP players wanting to play with people that are farther away than their living rooms.

2) I know what you say, but I was just commenting on the online possibility of having both userbases playing together.

3) If Capcom develops their own system (a.k.a PlayOnline from SE) I don't see why would either platform holder, say no to this. Nintendo might be a bigger problem than Sony, but I don't think any of them are in a position to tell Capcom: No.

donny2112

Personal expectations aside, let's consider.

* Monster Hunter 3 releases on the Wii with massive advertising and sells close to 2 million.

This would be the first third-party game on the Wii to 1) sell big, 2) be a mainline entry in a relatively big third-party series, or 3) get a ton of advertising. (2 and 3 are apparently happening regardless, but 1 makes them stand out more.) What does that mean? Will Capcom then put a lot of advertising on UC2 and maybe spur them on more to port PS360 games down to Wii? Will upcoming third-party games get a larger (or any) advertising budget to try to replicate some of Monster Hunter's success?

If MH3 sells as well as some are predicting, what will happen to Wii games in Japan?

jeremy1456

donny2112 said:

* Monster Hunter 3 releases on the Wii with massive advertising and sells close to 2 million.

This would be the first third-party game on the Wii to 1) sell big, 2) be a mainline entry in a relatively big third-party series, or 3) get a ton of advertising. (2 and 3 are apparently happening regardless, but 1 makes them stand out more.) What does that mean? Will Capcom then put a lot of advertising on UC2 and maybe spur them on more to port PS360 games down to Wii? Will upcoming third-party games get a larger (or any) advertising budget to try to replicate some of Monster Hunter's success?

If MH3 sells as well as some are predicting, what will happen to Wii games in Japan?

It's Capcom we're talking about here. Don't expect anything logical regardless of how well the game sells. :lol

markatisu

jeremy1456 said:
It's Capcom we're talking about here. Don't expect anything logical regardless of how well the game sells. :lol

Yeah no shit, MH3 could sell massive and Capcom would port RE5 to a cell phone as a result

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
spwolf said:
why? Because you believe MH3 should have same impact on Wii hardware that VF5 had on PS3's?

no because your posts are all grade school level snipes and you literally called someone a chicken you doofus

Vinci

Danish
donny2112 said:

The Japanese dev community will take note of it. They've already started slowly shifting more towards the Wii - the acceptance of a game as uniquely hardcore as Monster Hunter would shatter the perception of the Wii audience as nothing but infants and soccer moms.

Western devs, meanwhile, would be like, "Yeah, that's Japan - and it's fucking Monster Hunter! They'd buy a chunk of panda shit if it was labeled with the MH seal."

So in Japan? Big impact. Worldwide? Only if it sells far better overseas than I expect it to.j

EDIT: Personally, I think MH3 is as important as WSR at this point.

Dragon

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
no because your posts are all grade school level snipes and you literally called someone a chicken you doofus

Your holier than thou attitude sucks ALMOST as much as spwolf's posts.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
markatisu said:
So what do we think Wii Hardware will be with a 100k+ game at #1

Is 30k too high after 2 months of 15-18k?

25-30K

So, this is what I have in terms of year over year percentage growth/loss:

360 = +235.01%
ps3 = +19.85%
ds/dsi = -2.88%
psp = -40.52%
wii = -63.73%

jeremy1456

nextgeneration said:

360 = +235.01%
ps3 = +19.85%
ds/dsi = -2.88%
psp = -40.52%
wii = -63.73%

So PSP and Wii are the losers in the growth department?

Rolf NB

nextgeneration said:

360 = +235.01%
ps3 = +19.85%
ds/dsi = -2.88%
psp = -40.52%
wii = -63.73%
Makes me feel good about my end-of-January prediction ("H1 2009 vs H1 2008 (before Metal Gear Solid 4 last year, basically) PS3 hardware sales in Japan should be up 20%").
*feels good*

spwolf

BishopLamont said:
Because it's a forum, there's nothing to be chicken about, I've made predictions before and I've eaten alot of crow. Only this time I think a game on the Wii won't do much to push hardware, all of a sudden I'm a chicken? What do you want me to say? That it will push alot of hardware?

obviously chicken remark was a good natured joke, it is kind of sad that you two didnt get it. Nevertheless, let me reword it.

You expect MH3 to have same impact on Wii hardware sales as VF5 had on PS3?

Thats unlikely, isnt it?

donny2112

Pristine_Condition said:
Is ChartGet not working?

PantherLotus recently mentioned wanting to pass along the baton for the Media-Create threads to someone else, since he couldn't always be available right when the new results came in. I think the tentative plan is for Cheesemeister to have his parser automatically generate the post for the new thread and then someone else, who is available when the data's put up, actually post the weekly thread and make corrections, as needed. As to your actual question, I'd guess that he just hasn't had time to update ChartGet, yet, but that an update will eventually be there.

markatisu said:
So what do we think Wii Hardware will be with a 100k+ game at #1

Well, the PS3 did less than I thought with the FFXIII demo, but it had also been very much up over the last couple of months, too. Conversely, Wii sales have been depressed for most of this year and especially over the last few weeks, so maybe 40K? How many people who are looking forward to MH3 enough to buy the demo have already bought a Wii? It's really a crapshoot. :lol

I did a little number-crunching on PS2-->HD system transitions.

Xbox 360
Code:
PS2 game          sales(k) 360 game          sales(k)  percent
Ace Combat Zero	  202	Ace Combat 6	 186	92%
Soul Calibur III	  126	Soul Calibur IV	  53	42%
Star Ocean 3	  533	Star Ocean 4	 203	38%
Tales of the Abyss	  556	Tales of Vesperia	 182	33%
Resident Evil 4	  455	Resident Evil 5	 105	23%
Virtua Fighter 4E	  118	Virtua Fighter 5	  24	20%
Devil May Cry 3	  281	Devil May Cry 4	  55	20%
GTA: San Andreas	  412	GTA IV	           60	15%
Ridge Racer 5	  612	Ridge Racer 6	  74	12%
The best transition number is Ace Combat Zero to Ace Combat 6, but that does include bundling for the newer game. There's a clear group of successes around the 35-40% mark, and then other games on a lower tier at 20% and falling rapidly.

PS3
Code:
PS2 game           sales(k) PS3 game          sales(k)  percent
Devil May Cry 3	   281	 Devil May Cry 4	  310	 110%
AC: Last Raven	    80	 Armored Core 4	   85	 106%
Resident Evil 4	   455	 Resident Evil 5	  440	  97%
Soul Calibur III	   126	 Soul Calibur IV	  120	  95%
Time Crisis 3	    35	 Time Crisis 4	   30	  86%
MGS 3	            820	 MGS 4	           700	  85%
Virtua Fighter 4E	   118	 Virtua Fighter 5	   97	  82%
Ryu ga Gotoku 2	   573	 Ryu ga Gotoku 3	  466	  81%
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 3 158	 Pro Y Spirits 5	  104	  66%
Disgaea 2	            150	 Disgaea 3	   93	  62%
Samurai Dou 2	   215	 Samurai Dou 3	  126	  59%
GTA: San Andreas	   412	 GTA IV	           196	  48%
Musou Orochi: MS	   411	 Musou Orochi Z	  177	  43%
Genji	            126	 Genji: DotB	   54	  43%
Dynasty Warriors 5	   918	 Dynasty Warriors 6 371	  40%
DBZ: BT 2	            424    DBZ: Burst Limit	  163	  38%
PES 2007	           1050	 PES 2009	           372	  35%
Narutimate Accel	   197	 Naruto: UNS	   68	  35%
Ridge Racer 5	   612	 Ridge Racer 7	  150	  25%
There are actually two franchises that have improved on PS3, and two more that have essentially held level. Below that is another handful at ~80%, a tier down to ~60%, and a final step to 50% and an accelerating falloff past that.

Hopefully this is interesting to someone other than me. I'm particularly intrigued by the evidence of clear plateaus in both systems' curves. Perhaps it's an artifact of the small sample sizes, but it at least suggests that there might be particular audiences that moved wholesale from PS2 to HD, and other audiences that did so in lesser proportion.

I guess I could do the same thing for PS2-->Wii, but with the lackluster third-party support I think it'd mainly be a list of Nintendo franchises.

Spiegel

jeremy1456 said:
So PSP and Wii are the losers in the growth department?

It seems so

mc

mc

donny2112 said:
Well, the PS3 did less than I thought with the FFXIII demo, but it had also been very much up over the last couple of months, too. Wii sales have been depressed for most of this year and especially over the last few weeks, so maybe 40K? How may people who are looking forward to MH3 enough to buy the demo have already bought a Wii? It's really a crapshoot. :lol

First you expect MH3 to sell 300-400k and now you thought PS3 was going sell more than 62k this week?

You are crazy, donny :p

donny2112

Liabe Brave said:
There are actually two franchises that have improved on PS3,

Why did you choose Armored Core: Last Raven to compare to Armored Core 4 instead of using Armored Core 3?

Liabe Brave said:
I guess I could do the same thing for PS2-->Wii, but with the lackluster third-party support I think it'd mainly be a list of Nintendo franchises.

My initial thought would be that there would be zero franchises from Nintendo when comparing a sales transition from PS2 -> Wii. Just a guess.
:p

If you were to do a transition from GameCube to Wii, I'd suspect you find a lot of growers for Nintendo, but that's probably a lot to do with the "everyone" nature of most Nintendo games and the fact that there's more "everyone" on the Wii this generation. Also, you could do an Xbox -> 360 comparison.

Thanks for running the numbers! :)

Spiegel said:
First you expect MH3 to sell 300-400k and now you thought PS3 was going sell more than 62k this week?

You are crazy, donny :p

I think I had predicted 88K, IIRC. It's been a few weeks, since I posted it, though.

Edit:
I predicted 85K for this week.

Haunted

schuelma said:
I believe its MGS4 at about 700K (I actually think Taiko Wii has a chance to beat that btw).
Thanks.

Yeah, considering the excellent first day MHG sales, I actually think it has a shot beating that.

Spiegel said:
Pokemon? There are no mainline Pokemon games on console
Animal Crossing? It sold too much on wii. It's a lame, lazy job and those sales should talk about the strength of the franchise

It's pretty easy to understand.

In early 2006 there were ~600k of people who cared about the Monster Hunter franchise
In 2009 there are 3 million+ of people who care about the Monster Hunter franchise

Monster Hunter is a phenomenon in Japan. There are magazines, events, training camps and Capcom is going to market the game like crazy.

MH3 is the next game in the franchise and is going to benefit from all of these things. The Monster Hunter games on ps2 didn't have any of that.
Yeah, here's hoping the Wii version can really benefit of MH's newfound popularity. I'm still skeptical it'll be a breakout hit like the PSP versions. I think console vs handheld does have something to do with it. That said, I have no doubts it's going to outsell the PS2 versions.

donny2112 said:
Why did you choose Armored Core: Last Raven to compare to Armored Core 4 instead of using Armored Core 3?
Last Raven was the latest Armored Core game on PS2 before PS3; this is the same reason that I used VF 4 Evo instead of the main entry, for example. Also, the gap between AC 3 and AC 4 is almost five years, which is long enough that overall franchise popularity could swamp any effect of generational transition. In any case, here's the other possible comparisons (main entry to main entry, or expansion to expansion):

Code:
PS2 game       sales(k)   PS3 game       sales(k)  percent
AC 3             225      AC 4             85       38%
AC: Last Raven    80      AC: For Answer   88k     110%

donny2112 said:
My initial thought would be that there would be zero franchises from Nintendo when comparing a sales transition from PS2 -> Wii. Just a guess.
:p
D'oh!

When I get a chance, I'll do a Gamecube-->Wii and an Xbox-->360 set.

donny2112

Liabe Brave said:
Last Raven was the latest Armored Core game on PS2 before PS3; this is the same reason that I used VF 4 Evo instead of the main entry, for example.

As Spiegel pointed out, spinoffs tend to sell less than mainline entries, so I'd think you'd want to compare like entries even if they're years apart. Not that I consider myself an expert on the Armored Core series, but your below comparison is probably more apples to apples.

Edit:
Also, and sorry for being so picky, but you combine the BEST and main release on at least the 360 AC6 entry. Could you do the list only comparing the regular releases? If you wanted to include BEST releases, you'd need to add the two PS2 RE4 BEST games to the PS2 RE4 total and possibly combine others. I think it's probably more straightforward to just use the regular releases for each game, though.

Liabe Brave said:
Code:
PS2 game       sales(k)   PS3 game       sales(k)  percent
AC 3             225      AC 4             85       38%
AC: Last Raven    80      AC: For Answer   88k     110%

Liabe Brave said:
When I get a chance, I'll do a Gamecube-->Wii and an Xbox-->360 set.

Looking forward to it. Thanks. :)

Vinci

Danish
AranhaHunter said:
Too low, I think MH will expand the audience and MH3 will move more HW than WSR.

I'm just changing my routine: Lately when I make a prediction about hardware, I'm always too high. Figured I'd go low this time, see how I do. :lol

Vinci said:
I'm just changing my routine: Lately when I make a prediction about hardware, I'm always too high. Figured I'd go low this time, see how I do. :lol

LOL gotcha, it's okay to go low, but Wii has been averaging what? 18K/week? I'm positive it'll be at least 30K and won't be surprised if it's higher and goes above 40K.

Liabe Brave said:
Only Resistance and COD 4 PS3 have done over 100k.

It seems that Killzone 2 will end up with an opening week in that group of games at the end (i.e. around 35k). I agree with Joshua that legs will likely be low, putting its eventual LTD in about the fifth or sixth spot overall (depending on if you count Corruption as a FPS).

Thanks for the numbers and I agree, I think 60K LTD is reasonable for Killzone 2 in JP.

Liabe Brave said:
I did a little number-crunching on PS2-->HD system transitions.

There are actually two franchises that have improved on PS3, and two more that have essentially held level. Below that is another handful at ~80%, a tier down to ~60%, and a final step to 50% and an accelerating falloff past that.

Hopefully this is interesting to someone other than me. I'm particularly intrigued by the evidence of clear plateaus in both systems' curves. Perhaps it's an artifact of the small sample sizes, but it at least suggests that there might be particular audiences that moved wholesale from PS2 to HD, and other audiences that did so in lesser proportion.

Those are indeed interesting, are you using Famitsu, MC or Degenki? Most surprising to me is AC 360 at 92%. Also surprising how some PS3 titles are more succesful than their PS2 counterparts while others have such a low (<70%). Any theories why that is?

donny2112 said:
Also, and sorry for being so picky, but you combine the BEST and main release on at least the 360 AC6 entry. Could you do the list only comparing the regular releases?
That's not picky, it's what I intended to do. Sorry, the AC 6 number I have must've been combined without my realizing it. I'll go back through and make sure I have all the correct numbers, then post the lists again. Maybe I'll add a few of the entries with very low conversion percentages, too.

Thanks for making sure everything is accurate as possible, I appreciate it.
AranhaHunter said:
Those are indeed interesting, are you using Famitsu, MC or Degenki?
Almost all Famitsu, though a few numbers are Media-Create in order to get the most updated totals (for example MGS 4).

AranhaHunter said:
Most surprising to me is AC 360 at 92%. Also surprising how some PS3 titles are more succesful than their PS2 counterparts while others have such a low (<70%). Any theories why that is?
Well, AC 6 is partly inflated by my accidental inclusion of the re-release. It's also inflated by the fact that it was bundled with 360 hardware over the holidays. Finally, Ace Combat Zero was the lowest-selling of the PS2 entries (which eroded over time). The 40%-or-less performance is clearly more usual for 360 iterations.

As for PS3, the 50%-or-less level is where I'd expect everything to be, given the installed base versus the PS2. (Of course, it's much lower than that percentage in hardware, but early adopters tend to be more committed consumers, so transition percentages on software will be higher than on hardware, where much of the gap is due to more casual users.) The fact that four franchises have basically stayed level, and four more are close, is actually pretty surprising, especially considering that some of them were quite large last gen. The tendency has been for the very largest franchises--Hot Shots Golf, Dynasty Warriors, Pro Evo Soccer--to really underperform. This chart is giving us mixed messages about where GT 5 and FF XIII will go.

I think MH3 will sell more than 1.5 million. I will be very interested to see what kind of legs it has. Games on nintendo consoles seem to show incredible legs this gen. MH on the PSP managed to have absolutely incredible legs and still does. I think MH3 could keep on selling for a while.

Having said that it will also be interesting to see what impact the next MH on PSP will have on MH3's legs.

Edit:
AranhaHunter said:
Right now MH is the 3rd biggest RPG franchise in Japan, and not that far behind FF and DQ IMO.

I'm not really sure but isn't the best selling MH on PSP basically on track to sell more than any DQ or FF in Japan ever?

Also i personally consider pokemon to be a considerably larger rpg franchise than any of those.

Tenbatsu

MHG will the the 5th 100K 1st week third party game

2007 Jul&#65306;Dragon Quest Swords ~302K
2008 Jun&#65306; Tales of Symphonia ~151K
2008 Nov&#65306; Taiko no Tatsujin Wii ~115K
2007 Nov&#65306; Umbrella Chronicles ~105K

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Tenbatsu said:
MHG will the the 5th 100K 1st week third party game

2007 Jul&#65306;Dragon Quest Swords ~302K
2008 Jun&#65306; Tales of Symphonia ~151K
2008 Nov&#65306; Taiko no Tatsujin Wii ~115K
2007 Nov&#65306; Umbrella Chronicles ~105K

Will be at least the 3rd highest, possibly the 2nd.

What a pathetic state of affairs.

donny2112

Famitsu Apr 6-12

01./00. [PSP] Sengoku Basara: Battle Heroes (Capcom) - 88,051 / NEW
02./00. [WII] Oboro Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Marvelous) - 23,900 / NEW
03./04. [NDS] Mario & Luigi RPG 3!!! (Nintendo) - 22,968 / 517,948 (-15%)
04./03. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (BEST) (Capcom) - 20,208 / 603,520 (-28%)
05./02. [NDS] Pro Baseball Famista DS 2009 (Namco Bandai Games) - 17,375 / 46,125 (-40%)
06./00. [PS2] Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2 (AQ Interactive) - 13,738 / NEW
07./01. [PSP] Kidou Senshi Gundam: Senjou no Kizuna Portable (Namco Bandai Games) - 13,581 / 128,485 (-55%)
08./05. [PS2] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2009 (#15) (Konami) - 13,235 / 107,042 (-37%)
09./13. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 10,606 / 3,291,223 (-9%)
10./06. [PS3] Musou Orochi Z (Koei) - 8,986 / 186,117 (-43%)

11./12. [NDS] Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Nintendo) - 8,829 / 1,672,136 (-26%)
12./14. [NDS] Rittai Picross (3D) (Nintendo) - 7,977 / 101,090 (-29%)
13./09. [WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii (Namco Bandai Games) - 7,928 / 492,585 (-39%)
14./08. [PSP] Disgaea 2 Portable (Nippon Ichi Software) - 6,785 / 56,452 (-53%)
15./07. [NDS] Super Robot Taisen K (Namco Bandai Games) - 6,605 / 191,223 (-56%)
16./11. [NDS] Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's: Stardust Accelerator World Championship 2009 (Konami) - 6,503 / 54,950 (-46%)
17./17. [NDS] Tongari Boushi to Mahou no 365 Nichi (Little Magician's Magic Adventure) (Konami) - 6,496 / 351,556 (-33%)
18./15. [PS3] Resident Evil 5 (Capcom) - 6,353 / 445,640 (-41%)
19./18. [NDS] Power Pro Kun Pocket 11 (Konami) - 5,413 / 217,201 (-36%)
20./21. [NDS] Wagamama Fashion: Girls Mode (Nintendo) - 5,293 / 805,538 (-31%)
21./23. [NDS] Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Nendororon Daihenshin! (Namco Bandai Games) - 5,222 / 34,346 (-26%)
22./10. [PS3] Winning Post World (Koei) - 4,793 / 16,972 (-61%)
23./19. [WII] Play on Wii: Pikmin 2 (Nintendo) - 4,736 / 66,681 (-44%)
24./25. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 4,715 / 2,214,743 (-29%)
25./00. [NDS] Kanji Quiz DS 3 Deluxe (Rocket Company) - 4,669 / NEW
26./00. [PSP] Shinseiki Evangelion: Koutetsu no Girlfriend 2nd Portable (Iron Girlfriend) (CyberFront) - 4,603 / NEW
27./26. [NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo) - 4,595 / 4,976,041 (-30%)
28./30. [NDS] Metal Fight Beyblade (Hudson) - 4,370 / 25,639 (-29%)
29./22. [PSP] Shin Sangoku Musou: Multi Raid (Koei) - 4,339 / 367,765 (-43%)
30./00. [PS3] Valkyria Chronicles (BEST) (SEGA) - 4,321 / 20,506

*. [NDS] Includes Past English Test Problems: English Quiz DS 2 Deluxe (Rocket Company) - 1,900 / NEW
*. [PS2] Hyakko: Yorozuya Jikenbo! (Merchant Murder Files) (5pb) - 1,000 / NEW
*. [NDS] Super Auto Salon: Custom Car Contest (Genterprise) - 630 / NEW

Bar Chart Apr 6-12 (thanks to JoshuaJSlone/garaph.info)

2009-04-06

Note: Image may be delayed from the time of this post, but will automatically show once the data is ready.

Recent Famitsu Top 30s

Mar 9-15, 2009
Mar 16-22, 2009
Mar 23-29, 2009
Mar 30-Apr 5, 2009

donny2112

schuelma said:
Will be at least the 3rd highest, possibly the 2nd.

What a pathetic state of affairs.

MC Numbers

PS3 3rd-party 1st weeks > 100K:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot - 465K
Yakuza 3 - 372K
Resident Evil 5 - 320K
Devil May Cry 4 - 205K
Shin Sangoku Musou 5 - 188K
Yakuza: Kenzan! - 181K
Gundam Musou 2 - 176K
Gundam Musou - 171K
World Soccer Winning Eleven 12: PES 2009 - 168K
Winning Eleven 11: PES 2008 - 141K
Grand Theft Auto IV - 133K
Musou Orochi Z - 112K

360 3rd-party 1st weeks > 100K:

Star Ocean 4 - 162K
Tales of Vesperia - 108K
Last Remnant - 102K

justchris

I'm kind of wondering if MH3 will do anything for online in Japan. Online play and DLC seems to be less popular in Japan than in the west by a pretty significant margin. While the MHP titles only have ad-hoc multiplay, I wonder if any of those fans will transition to the pay-to-play full online experience, and maybe follow up with some VC/WiiWare purchases.

Top Bottom