• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 09/15 - 09/21

jj984jj said:
All Japanese material has バンダイナムコゲームス, which is Bandai-Namco Games, and Namco-Bandai or NBGI is used on English material.
No, I'm afraid they're not that straightforward. NBGI is used on Japanese games, too--check out the Cross Edge trailer on Japanese PSN, for example.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Stumpokapow said:
Well, first of all it's Square Enix rather than "Square-Enix". I'm not sure if you read anything into the difference between two names and a hyphenated name.

Like you said, technically Enix absorbed Square, but it was a very even match. 1 Enix share = 0.85 Square share. Most of the executives in Square Enix came from Square rather than Enix, as you said. It's basically a pretty balanced merger.

I assume the name order is simply a matter of it sounding substantially better that way than the other way.

Dear God, it was just a question. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

Thanks, by the way. :D

apujanata

donny2112 said:
Maybe Koei caused Namco-Bandai to be inspired. :)

Actually, I just get the sources of the predictions mixed up. Gundam is Bandai's, but I guess it was Koei who made the x+y prediction.

Capcom has the exact opposite problem with some of its Wii titles. I think they have some ridiculously low expectation for Dead Rising Wii, for example (150K worldwide or something like that?).

I wouldn't say that DR Wii expectation are ridiculously low. After all, it is a game with unproven market (you couldn't use RE4 Wii or RE:UC as basis to predict DR Wii #), and it is standard business practice to go for conservative estimate for forecast, as opposed to best case estimate (since it is cheaper/more cost effective to reprint something).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
donny2112 said:
Capcom has the exact opposite problem with some of its Wii titles. I think they have some ridiculously low expectation for Dead Rising Wii, for example (150K worldwide or something like that?).

I'm pretty sure expectations were 500-600K or something similiar.

donny2112

schuelma said:

Maybe I'm thinking of one of the territories in the breakdown. I still expect more than 500K worldwide for the game. It's the RE4 engine. Wii needs more games with the RE4+ engine. :)

markatisu

apujanata said:
it is standard business practice to go for conservative estimate for forecast, as opposed to best case estimate (since it is cheaper/more cost effective to reprint something).

Yeah but at the same time Capcom always forecasts super low, I cannot remember the last time Capcom forecast close or too high on any of their games on any platform

markatisu said:
Yeah but at the same time Capcom always forecasts super low, I cannot remember the last time Capcom forecast close or too high on any of their games on any platform
IIRC they only forecasted 450k for RE4 and 600k for RE:UC or somewhere close to those numbers.

I think it's a way of pleasing their shareholders. They keep their predictions low so they can boast about how ___ exceeded their expectations.

cvxfreak

Well, RE4 Wii and REUC were probably lowballed because RE4 was a port, and REUC could be tied back to the Gun Survivor games, which never sold well.

apujanata

schuelma said:

You are correct. In the FY09 Q1 report (business segment summary, page 7), the Dead Rising expectation is 500K, World Wide. I think donny's 150K could be Japan only expectation (and it is not mentioned in the above mentioned report).

donny2112 said:
Maybe I'm thinking of one of the territories in the breakdown. I still expect more than 500K worldwide for the game. It's the RE4 engine. Wii needs more games with the RE4+ engine. :)
I didn't know that this game are using RE4 engine. I will look into this game (previously not interested because I don't really like zombie type of game. Buying RE4 is an exception/special case for me, not the standard)

markatisu said:
Nintendo is also one of the Japanese company that always forecast prudently (too low). The only time they overfore-cast is during the GCN era (have to stop production for 6 months since there are too many GCN on market)

Eh...Sting fans do not kill me for the confusion now.

DSL 60000
PSP 25000
Wii 26000
PS3 8300
PS2 11000
360 10000

1.Super Robot Wars Z 361000
2.Pokemon Platinum 195000
3.World Destruction 59000
4.Rhythm Tengoku Gold 54000
5.Kinikkuman 37000
6.X-Edge 28000
7.Dragon Ball DS 26000
8.Wii Fit 21000
9.Aquanaut's Holiday 15000
10.Band Bros DX 14000

Other new games
11.Disaster 13000
12.Mana Khemia Portable 12000
15.Knights in the Nightmare 9300
....Knights in the Nightmare LE (with Yggdra Union GBA) 4200
....Kumatanchi (DS) 3500
....Janline (360) 1600
....Madden NFL09 (PS3) 500

Dascu

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Eh...Sting fans do not kill me.

DSL 60000
PSP 25000
Wii 26000
PS3 8300
PS2 11000
360 10000

5.Kinikkuman 37000
6.X-Edge 28000
7.Dragon Ball DS 26000
8.Wii Fit 21000
10.Band Bros DX 14000

11.Disaster 13000
Poor Disaster, poor Knights in the Nightmare.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
KNIGHTS IN THE NIGHTMARE IS IN LINE WITH STING'S RECENT TITLES

Still a bomb by any absolute scale, but there's no way after Yggdra and Riviera that Sting isn't aware of the ... uh... limited appeal of their games.

Fady K

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Eh...Sting fans do not kill me.

DSL 60000
PSP 25000
Wii 26000
PS3 8300
PS2 11000
360 10000

5.Kinikkuman 37000
6.X-Edge 28000
7.Dragon Ball DS 26000
8.Wii Fit 21000
10.Band Bros DX 14000

11.Disaster 13000

360 at 10,000 in its third week since the surge, not bad at all.

SRWZ is crazy. World Destruction is still disappointing honestly. Surprised X-Edge sold 28,000 - excellent sales for a game that doesnt deserve half the sales. Shame for Sting, they have such solid efforts but not solid sales - even the PSP port of Mana Khemia sold better :/. Disaster is honestly, a Disaster.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

*stabs Kurosaki* You posted 10k for the first day! ;_;

Stumpokapow said:

Still a bomb by any absolute scale, but there's no way after Yggdra and Riviera that Sting isn't aware of the ... uh... limited appeal of their games.
;_;

Dascu

Stumpokapow said:

Yeah, but they deserve better sales.

creamsugar

外.同限定版 (Guitar Hero DS ?) 4200
Kumatan 3500
Janline 1600
Madden NF09 PS3 500

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Worst debuting first-party Wii games

3. (TIE) Disaster
3. (TIE) Common Knowledge Training TV
2. Eyeshield 21
1. Captain Rainbow

lo zaffo

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
{...}
PS2 11000
{...}

{...}
{...}
Wow!! Unstoppable Pokemon Platina and Rhythm Tengoku Gold !!

Stumpokapow said:

They know I love them. So it's all good.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Dragona Akehi said:
They know I love them. So it's all good.

Sting financials, 2012:
"Dragona bought both of our titles this year, driving our net revenue up substantially to a total of 9800円. We expect lower results next fiscal year, as we are only releasing one title, but we are releasing a 7000円 deluxe edition so as to mediate this issue."

Stumpokapow said:

They are so minuscule that I wonder if overseas sales aren't exponentially bigger than these...*cough*Atlus USA when is this coming*cough*

First weeks:
GBA Riviera - 9,540
PSP Riviera - 10,047
GBA Yggdra - 17,728
PSP Yggdra - 21,989

jj984jj said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

*stabs Kurosaki* You post 10k for the first day! ;_;
Don't kill the messenger, kill the other messenger, sinobi. ><

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
They are so minuscule that I wonder if overseas sales aren't exponentially bigger than these...

Bigger but not exponentially. Both Riviera and YU are 5 digits in sales in the US.

Stumpokapow said:
Sting financials, 2012:
"Dragona bought both of our titles this year, driving our net revenue up substantially to a total of 9800&#20870;. We expect lower results next fiscal year, as we are only releasing one title, but we are releasing a 7000&#20870; deluxe edition so as to mediate this issue."

Hey I do my part.

Anyway, St!ng games see significantly better results, ironically enough, outside of Japan. So I'm sure they're not worried.

harSon

Banned
Jonnyram said:
According to sinobi, yes.

That's pretty amazing (For the Xbox 360) then, I can't recall another instance where the 360 sold strongly weeks after a high profile game release/price drop.

Dragona Akehi said:
Hey I do my part.

Anyway, St!ng games see significantly better results, ironically enough, outside of Japan. So I'm sure they're not worried.

From reading other Famitsu charts, Knight's deluxe edition sold around 5,000 copies in addition to the ~10k sold, so it will most likely be in the top 10 if both titles were added together.

Mr Killemgood said:
From reading other Famitsu charts, Knight's deluxe edition sold around 5,000 copies in addition to the ~10k sold, so it will most likely be in the top 10 if both titles were added together.
Oh wait, its the other title that just said Limited Edition then:
&#22806;.&#21516;&#38480;&#23450;&#29256;&#12288;(Guitar Hero DS ?) 4200

That should be KitN LE with Yggdra Union GBA. I thought it was a different game...Sting fans are really going to kill me.

harSon said:
That's pretty amazing (For the Xbox 360) then, I can't recall another instance where the 360 sold strongly weeks after a high profile game release/price drop.

Blue Dragon led the X360 to very strong sales for quite some time after it debuted.

It led to a great time frame where the X360 had 5 consecutive weeks over 10,000 units sold, which is the highest amount of consecutive 10k weeks. This run, if over 10k, ties 2nd place for 3 consecutive weeks over 10k, which is very good.

For comparison, the Xbox 360 on a yearly basis, is 1 week away from topping 2006's numbers (Blue Dragon). It's 6 weeks ahead of 2007's cume (which ended up at 242,000 units).

At this rate, 300,000 units sold in 2008 seems likely. What will be interesting is to see if Microsoft can beat 2002, the best year MS ever had in Japan (only thanks to the debut of the Xbox at 120k).

Accident said:
PS2 > PS3
When was the last time this happened?
Jonnyram said:
About four or five weeks ago.
It's been a bit longer than that. However, making some comparison images for this year, sometimes they're close enough that it's hard to tell without actually checking the numbers.
PS3

PS3

Mr Killemgood said:
Blue Dragon led the X360 to very strong sales for quite some time after it debuted.

It led to a great time frame where the X360 had 5 consecutive weeks over 10,000 units sold, which is the highest amount of consecutive 10k weeks.
Being December, though, it was less surprising to see holiday and game bump forces combining into a few decent consecutive weeks.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Oh wait, its the other title that just said Limited Edition then:
&#22806;.&#21516;&#38480;&#23450;&#29256;&#12288;(Guitar Hero DS ?) 4200

That should be KitN LE with Yggdra Union GBA. I thought it was a different game...Sting fans are really going to kill me.
*twists knife*

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
kinda crazy that nintendo will announce a new ds hardware tormorrow - when the ds lite is still the best sellin hardware.....

@pokemon platinum
so it will break 2 mil ? :eek:

JaMarco

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
DSL&#12288;60000
PSP&#12288;25000
Wii&#12288;26000
PS3&#12288;8300
PS2&#12288;11000
360&#12288;10000
Makes me wonder why Nintendo feels the need to release a new DS D:

RJT

Regulus Tera said:
Dear God, it was just a question. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

Thanks, by the way. :D
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

What? I wasn't beaten? Damn you, GAF!

gtj1092

Psychotext said:
Sony need to blow the doors off at TGS. No question.

I hope they do but i feel they are content to just continue at their hardware sales pace until they can get manufacturing cost under control. Which is why I believe they only foretasted shipments of 10 million for the fiscal year. That's probably the sweet spot for them to reach profitably while not complete falling behind in the hardware race during their financial year.

Nolan.

Psychotext said:
Sony need to blow the doors off at TGS. No question.

People say this every run up to Tgs well every one since the ps3 launched.

Edit: also trusty bell dropped a lot? I guess it's not too surprising.

Top Bottom