• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 09/17 - 09/23 2007

Lobster

Banned
Laguna said:
Famitsu doesn´t think so, Defuser. I see it the same way PkmMD2 is released in two editions but in the end it´s the same game. Halo3 will track 1st in MC-charts it would be the first game on a Microsoft console to do that in Japan. But chartspositions alone don´t tell anything, especially in a period of bad sales like this one.

You mean a period of bad sales except for PSP.

iceatcs

pray-cat-large.jpg

Pretty please for FFVII:CC still on #1 for MC this week.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
3rd 100k+ week for the PSP (500k in total), it will be intresting to see if it can maintain that next week. Maybe the best news for the PSP is that there are quite a few titles on the chart, so it seems the software is selling too.

Grampasso

Leonsito said:
Nice PSP hanging there, Wii and DS stabilised (wtf how do I spell this :lol )
Stabilized? I don't know for sure, English is not my first language anyway (I'm italian).
However, I expected a minor drop for PSP hardware to be honest, and looking at the numbers even if FFVII:CC will still be #1 this week I can see it quickly dropping off the top 10 in the near future possibly not hitting Platinum status :/.
Let's see if MC numbers will be much different from Famitsu ones (which happens more often than not) and in which direction...

ziran said:
Has this been posted? From what I can make out (babelfish) SMG - 700K pre-orders, Wii's highest, and the Crimson/Black DS Lite has an initial shipment of 50K:
http://sinobi.ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10049594051.html

Mario Galaxy as I stated last week will begin the second coming of Wii in Japan.

Also some bozo suggested Wii would continue to decline at the same rate and PS3 climb with an eventual take over?
Seems like this is what DS and Wii sales are stabilising at without any BIG software launches. Buy those Wii’s whilst you can!!

And PSP sales as i suggested are beginning to stabilise following a good run of releases and new hardware by Sony.

botticus

ziran said:
Has this been posted? From what I can make out (babelfish) SMG - 700K pre-orders, Wii's highest, and the Crimson/Black DS Lite has an initial shipment of 50K:
http://sinobi.ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10049594051.html

Corrections would be welcome from anyone who can understand Japanese.
Even though I'm sure preorders won't ever equate to Day 1 (or necessarily even Week 1) purchases... what is the largest opening week for a game in Japan?

ccbfan

Hardware is pretty much what I expected.

But wow on the software. PSP software domination? 360 game could be number #1 in MC? Striker is an absolute bomb and no Wii games in the top 10?

Geez, Japan is such a crazy market. If 2 months ago someone told you Wii will only be selling around 25K with no supply constraints and have 0 games in the top while PSP has three straight weeks of 100K+ in september, you would have though that person was crazy and that person probably would have gotten banned for trolling.

Laguna

Banned
RamzaIsCool said:
3rd 100k+ week for the PSP (500k in total), it will be intresting to see if it can maintain that next week. Maybe the best news for the PSP is that there are quite a few titles on the chart, so it seems the software is selling too.

AFAIK it´s the second week. Last week it did 270k ("slim+lite" launch) one week earlier it did around 80k (FF7cc releae).

ziran

DarkMehm said:
It's probably retail orders, because we usually don't get real pre-order figures.
Yeah, that's what I took it to mean. When people quote Japanese pre-orders for a title they've always been orders from retailers as far as I'm aware.

DefectiveReject said:
That shit is banging, still 4 weeks from release and advertising no doubt about to kick off
It also says something about the commercials starting the middle of this month, but I couldn't quite make it out.

ccbfan said:
Geez, Japan is such a crazy market. If 2 months ago someone told you Wii will only be selling around 25K with no supply constraints and have 0 games in the top while PSP has three straight weeks of 100K+ in september, you would have though that person was crazy and that person probably would have gotten banned for trolling.
You think so? At least the PSP bump didn't come out of nowhere and was well predictable.

ccbfan said:
Hardware is pretty much what I expected.

But wow on the software. PSP software domination? 360 game could be number #1 in MC? Striker is an absolute bomb and no Wii games in the top 10?

actually we'd probably look at what games had released, look at PSP hardware releasing and then deduce nothing else from it

Laguna said:
AFAIK it´s the second week. Last week it did 270k ("slim+lite" launch) one week earlier it did around 80k (FF7cc releae).

This is correct so its around 400,000 in 3 weeks with a new hardware revision and a limited edition and MASSIVE game release

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
RamzaIsCool said:
Japan is far less about pirating too. There are those who do but it is good to see PSP sales move. It's a shame that piracy is hurting the PSP so much.

LiquidMetal14

DefectiveReject said:
This is correct so its around 400,000 in 3 weeks with a new hardware revision and a limited edition and MASSIVE game release
You trying to downplay. I see what you emphasized. Considering the kinda numbers the PSP has been putting up, this string of great weeks is something it should've been doing to begin with.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
DefectiveReject said:
Are you trying to downplay PSP's numbers? What would you like it to do, a million per week?

ccbfan

DefectiveReject said:
actually we'd probably look at what games had released, look at PSP hardware releasing and then deduce nothing else from it

Nah most people were saying Wii won't be readily availiable until 2008 and that since the PSP revision was minor in terms of looks and that it wouldn't increase sales much at all.

Heck just last week people was saying PSP software won't increase at all since the only people buying the slim is people that already own PSP. I remember that guy with a FF8 avatar posted over and over stating that and quite a few agreed with him.

LiquidMetal14 said:
You trying to downplay. I see what you emphasized. Considering the kinda numbers the PSP has been putting up, this string of great weeks is something it should've been doing to begin with.
and Sonyfans appearing in media create threads for the first time in a year are OVER playing it.

DS was selling 400,000 in 3 weeks on a regular basis only a few weeks ago, with no software releases nor hardware revisions.
should have but hasn't and the 50% drop this week tells you it won't for much longer either

Elios83

DefectiveReject said:

270+130+95 = 400k :lol :lol

Just deal with PSP success, it has performed incredibly in the last month.

Sage00 said:
Are you trying to downplay PSP's numbers? What would you like it to do, a million per week?

yeah i am
But only in a its just released a new hardware version and should be EXPECTED to hit these numbers, i expect a possible 50% drop next week too

ccbfan said:
Nah most people were saying Wii won't be readily availiable until 2008 and that since the PSP revision was minor in terms of looks and that it wouldn't increase sales much at all.

Heck just last week people was saying PSP software won't increase at all since the only people buying the slim is people that already own PSP. I remember that guy with a FF8 avatar posted over and over stating that and quite a few agreed with him.

in 3-4 weeks those people will be right, with no Wii's available for a long time!

Elios83 said:
270+130+95 = 400k :lol :lol

Just deal with PSP success, it has performed incredibly in the last month.
See you in 2 weeks time

LiquidMetal14

DefectiveReject said:
and Sonyfans appearing in media create threads for the first time in a year are OVER playing it.

DS was selling 400,000 in 3 weeks on a regular basis only a few weeks ago, with no software releases nor hardware revisions.
should have but hasn't and the 50% drop this week tells you it won't for much longer either
I comment when necessary, not based on some fanboyism. And the main part is that the PSP has seen significant jumps since the revision. DS has always had more software and less piracy as well. It is a good thing for the PSP to be selling so well.

damisa

DefectiveReject said:

What does the DS have to do with PSP doing well recently? DS is a monster, no need to compare it to anything else. You seem to take personal offence at the idea of non-nintendo systems/games doing well in japan.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
DefectiveReject said:
in 3-4 weeks those people will be right, with no Wii's available for a long time!
Nope, I think it will sell high for 3-4 weeks(as expected with a MASSIVE title launch) then I expect a 50% drop.

I'd be worried that the PSP bump, while it did a lot for software and hardware sales, is stabilizing way too soon and didn't do nearly as much as Sony probably would have hoped it would. It did less than half what the DS Lite did for the DS (I'm not entirely sure, i'm using figures from another board)

Laguna

Banned
ccbfan said:

Reading comprehension...
I made a comparison between last weeks hardware sales with last weeks software sales. I just stated the obvious that last weeks PSPsoftware sales bareley matched last weeks PSPhardware sales. But i know some fanboys are too sensitive and had to cry over a simple fact.

LiquidMetal14 said:
I comment when necessary, not based on some fanboyism. And the main part is that the PSP has seen significant jumps since the revision. DS has always had more software and less piracy as well. It is a good thing for the PSP to be selling so well.
Every hardware release? Or following every major software release?
And in the second bolded part you answered your own question, but its actually dropping.....fast

damisa said:
What does the DS have to do with PSP doing well recently? DS is a monster, no need to compare it to anything else. You seem to take personal offence at the idea of non-nintendo systems/games doing well in japan.

i aint sayng that whatoever, but declaring the PSP is back is well....................retarded?

ccbfan

damisa said:

Its not just Japan, he was quite upset about Halo and Fifa in the Pal sales threads too.

Sage00 said:
Nope, I think it will sell high for 3-4 weeks(as expected with a MASSIVE title launch) then I expect a 50% drop.

you see 3-4week after Galaxy Smash Bros hits, and around that time Wii Fit hits...... and then Mario Kart...Animal Crossing and more......... so...........................................?

ccbfan said:
Its not just Japan, he was quite upset about Halo and Fifa in the Pal sales threads too.

Applying a common sense attitude to things and not a fanboy attitude is me being upset...... and did i get upset with Halo figures? I bought the damned game man

Also all i said about FIFA was Wii sales tend to have legs...... how is that being upset? and someone produced charts to PROVE those FACTS

tanod

when is my burrito
slaughterking said:
But 61k isn't that good...

Wait for MC numbers, those are the GAFFicial ones. But, even the best FPS do not break 100,000. Resistance has about 85,000 copies sold as of June IIRC.

DarkMehm

Laguna said:
Reading comprehension...
I made a comparison between last weeks hardware sales with last weeks software sales. I just stated the obvious that last weeks PSPsoftware sales bareley matched last weeks PSPhardware sales. But i know some fanboys are too sensitive and had to cry over a simple fact.

Yeah, you can factually analyse software sales just with a Top 50. :lol

So Wii seems to level of at 25.000. PSP numbers are still impressive but it's quite a sharp drop. In line with the DSL launch I think percentage-wise? Anyone has the numbers?

I'm really sad to see Strikers drop out, it's such a great game and better than it's predecessor in every way. It's kind of strange to see it perform worse. I don't think it'll get a christmas boost either - by that time a lot of big games will be released and two of them feature Mario as well.

As for the Mario pre-orders I guess that's shop pre-orders? Will be interesting to see first day sales. I'm still kind of sceptical because it's a 3D plattformer but maybe we'll see a huuuge opening week after all.

Alcander said:
Not much of a HW boost for 360. boo
Did anyone with but half a mind really thought Halo 3 would boost 360 hw in Japan considerably?

slaughterking said:
But 61k isn't that good...
Really? It'll probably break 100.000 easily, that's quite a feat for an FPS and on 360 no less. Plus from what I gather (haven't played it yet) the campaign is quite short and the focus is on the multiplayer, which isn't a big selling point like in the west.

I say it's pretty impressive. You shouldn't be comparing it with Halo 3's numbers in the west.

Laguna

Banned
Yeah DarkMehm and according to you piracy has no effect on sales. I couldn´t hold my laughter when you wrote that.

tanod

when is my burrito
Phife Dawg said:
Really? It'll probably break 100.000 easily, that's quite a feat for an FPS and on 360 no less. Plus from what I gather (haven't played it yet) the campaign is quite short and the focus is on the multiplayer, which isn't a big selling point like in the west.

I say it's pretty impressive. You shouldn't be comparing it with Halo 3's numbers in the west.

Just based on the install base of about 350,000, I think the Halo 3 lifetime sales will likely end up being between 150,000 and 200,000.

ccbfan

Laguna said:
Reading comprehension...

LOL I'm a fanboy now because you stated over and over that people that bought the PSP was just rebuyers? I mean its freakin on this thread and last week's thread. Its not hard to find.

Considering I own a DS and a Wii but no PS3, PSP or 360 (Will pick up a PSP when FFT comes out). I'm a fanboy for who? Don't believe me? Check out the game threads I post on. Its pretty obvious.

Jokeropia

Go Halo 3! Yeah it still got beat by Pokemon but being the #1 SKU in the MC chart would be very cool.
Phife Dawg said:
So Wii seems to level of at 25.000. PSP numbers are still impressive but it's quite a sharp drop but in line with the DSL launch I think? Anyone has the numbers?
DSL actually climbed for five consecutive weeks or something after launch as the shipments gradually increased.

Top Bottom