• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 10/15 - 10/21 2007

Chumly

Does anyone have the shipment data for Zak and Wiki? Im interested in how many Capcom shipped. Theres no copies in my area at all right now so im not expecting Japan to be much better.

no.1 spot with 33,000 sales? Quite a feat to drop so low. Interesting to see what Zack and Wiki will do next week, although to be honest, when next week's numbers are released, Galaxy will have been out for 2 hours, I doubt I'll be reading the internet at that time.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Even though it's #17, Crisis Core kinda died. it's at about 700k and under 10k a week. It'll need to maintain this if it's going to reach a million. I always figured it would, but now i'm really not so sure.

And the new tamagotchi game, i'm amazed at how badly it did compared to the first two. It'll just break 100k, when the first one broke a million and the second one cleared 800k. Or is this the 4th one? I know there was a random tamagotchi RPG thrown somewhere in there.

Mar_ said:
Wait... Seaman is a real game? All this time people joking about it on GAF, I had no idea.

You're kidding right? Leonard Nemoy is crying, now... Because of you.

Slow, slow week. Good to see some Seaman 2 love though, really liked the first one. The novel collection boxart seems to feature that cat from the news channel, strange.

Beezy said:
A 360 game in the top 10 but no Wii or PS3.
360 debuts of big games are usually quite high, they just drop like a rock after the first week. 360 userbase in Japan seems very hardcore, pretty much everyone who is interested buys the games in the first week (Blue Dragon being the big exception).

rakka said:
beautiful katamari did alright :)
You think so? Considering it'll leave the charts very soon (it won't be in next weeks Top10 for sure) I'd guess it'll make something like 50-60k LTD.

Brak

Chumly said:
Does anyone have the shipment data for Zak and Wiki? Im interested in how many Capcom shipped. Theres no copies in my area at all right now so im not expecting Japan to be much better.
We'll probably get shipment data with first day sales later this week.

legend166

This whole situation is quite strange.

It's like the entire market was like "You know what, I think we might take a couple of months off. See you in November!"

Chumly

Brak said:
We'll probably get shipment data with first day sales later this week.
Yea but sometimes we know how much they are planning to ship beforehand but it doesnt look like it for Zak and Wiki

Jokeropia

Pai Pai Master said:
Despite slow numbers, DBZ has surprising legs. Have all the Budokai Tenkaichi games been this succesful in Japan?
The previous ones did better than this.
user friendly said:
Yeah, just speaking in terms of software, it's fairly clear that hardware numbers aren't out yet.
This is the second week in a row without any new games released for Wii. It will change next week.
perfectchaos007 said:
Last week Famitsu also said Wii rose in sales a few thousand units. When MC came out we find out that the Wii actually dropped in sales by a few hundred units. I lost most of my trust in Famitsu
Why not lose faith in Media Create? It's not like that's the 'real' data and Famitsu's/Enterbrain's is just guesses. They're simply two independent trackers.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
AniHawk said:
Wow. These are pre-DS levels of sales. Like mid-2004 or 2003.

Indeed, is everyone in Japan asleep or something? truly pitiful sales this week, for all platforms.

On a lighter note, Seaman 2 wins! Great stuff, it's annoying though, because whenever I see the title I think of Sea-Man from South Park. :lol

Frillen

AniHawk said:
Wow. These are pre-DS levels of sales. Like mid-2004 or 2003.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was this bad after the DS came out to. I remember there was a week when Jump! SuperStars entered the top 10 with 9k.

ki/oon

Don't think it's been posted, but according to Shinobi :

DS : 77K
PSP : 63K
Wii slightly up at 30K
PS3 slighlty up at 11K
X360 : 5K

GreenGlowingGoo said:
Even though it's #17, Crisis Core kinda died. it's at about 700k and under 10k a week. It'll need to maintain this if it's going to reach a million. I always figured it would, but now i'm really not so sure.

It was pretty much in the cards that it wouldn't break 1 million in Japan by the time we got the second week of FF7CC sales.

iidesuyo

ki/oon said:
Don't think it's been posted, but according to Shinobi :

DS : 77K
PSP : 63K
Wii slightly up at 30K
PS3 slighlty up at 11K
X360 : 5K

PSP is doing strong once again... now those happy new owners should go out and give Castlevania some love :D

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
iidesuyo said:
PSP is doing strong once again... now those happy new owners should go out and give Castlevania some love :D

This is JAPAN we are talking about.

Castlevania doesn't sell in Japan.

Any reason everyone thinks Katamari will drop like a rock, despite the pricedrop, and hardware-moving software coming up for the X360?

I'm sure it'll drop out of the top-10 quickly, but over Christmas, it could get decent sales.

Doc Evils

Mr Killemgood said:
Any reason everyone thinks Katamari will drop like a rock, despite the pricedrop, and hardware-moving software coming up for the X360?

I'm sure it'll drop out of the top-10 quickly, but over Christmas, it could get decent sales.

Because Lair outsold it on its debut?

Doc Evils said:
Because Lair outsold it on its debut?
yes, but Lair is a crappy game that only a minority will like. exactly the sort of game that's going to drop like a rock. i don't see how you can make any claims about BK based on Lair.

halo 3 would have been a better thing to compare it to.

Frillen

Mr Killemgood said:

Look at Halo 3. It was first with 58k the week it came out, but what happened in its second week? It was out of the top 30. It happens to every single 360 title. Why? The userbase is to low.

Haunted

low low low numbers all around. Either it's the calm before the storm, or Nintendo has destroyed the industry quicker than anyone expected.
lol

Xavien

Pretty slow and boring week this week, only interested in hardware numbers to see if Wii sales have gone up following Famitsu's show of a rise.

Oh and, software numbers are a day late? recount or something?

jarrod

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Yeah actually, a surprisingly high amount of people know of Seaman. The ads are pretty funny too, so this week's sales might be disappointing to Vivarium.

Shoulda been on Wii!
Seaman 1 did amazingly well on Dreamcast (like 600k+ iirc... better than heavyweights like Sonic Adventure, VF3tb or Sakura Taisen 3) and decent well on PS2 (can't remember exactly how much, but probably 300-400k). This is a really steep drop actually... maybe the change in "pet" turned people off?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
jarrod said:
Seaman 1 did amazingly well on Dreamcast (like 600k+ iirc... better than heavyweights like Sonic Adventure, VF3tb or Sakura Taisen 3) and decent well on PS2 (can't remember exactly how much, but probably 300-400k). This is a really steep drop actually... maybe the change in "pet" turned people off?
They should have called Caveman.

Frillen

Xavien said:
Pretty slow and boring week this week, only interested in hardware numbers to see if Wii sales have gone up following Famitsu's show of a rise.

Oh and, software numbers are a day late? recount or something?

Software numbers came out exactly when it usually comes out.

Xavien

Frillen said:
Software numbers came out exactly when it usually comes out.

really? cause i could have sworn they used to come out on a wednesday not a thursday and that hardware numbers came out on a thursday.

tanod

when is my burrito
Xavien said:
really? cause i could have sworn they used to come out on a wednesday not a thursday and that hardware numbers came out on a thursday.

Wat? Time warp? Today is Thursday. Yesterday was Wednesday. :\

Frillen said:
Look at Halo 3. It was first with 58k the week it came out, but what happened in its second week? It was out of the top 30. It happens to every single 360 title. Why? The userbase is to low.
Halo 3 appeared on Famitsu top30 on its second week

Xeke

Banned
Xavien said:

Have you been doing acid?

Yesterday was wednesday and they came out at the right time. Today is thursday and hardware numbers will come out.

Xavien

Xeke said:
Have you been doing acid?

Yesterday was wednesday and they came out at the right time. Today is thursday and hardware numbers will come out.

Strange the OP is showing as being posted Today. Today is Thursday for me.

and no i don't do acid.

Wii Sports is rising back up again (Strangly, Wii Play isn't!) and Flash Focus just came back out of fucking nowhere!

Edit: Looks like Wii (and console gaming as a whole) may be making a comeback if those numbers are real :D

Nuclear Muffin said:
Wii Sports is rising back up again (Strangly, Wii Play isn't!) and Flash Focus just came back out of fucking nowhere!

Edit: Looks like Wii (and console gaming as a whole) may be making a comeback if those numbers are real :D

Actually Wii Play rose 5 spots and Flash Focus has been selling around 15k consistently, so no surprise there.

Top Bottom