• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 10/15 - 10/21 2007

Rolf NB

ethelred said:
Very low overall sales.
The charts are ruled by sequels to established franchises and licensed products of dubious quality. This stuff manages to hang in there while at the same time, Japan is a very tough crowd for new IPs now, apparently (*sobs at Archaic Sealed Heat et al*).
Very low overall sales.
Very low overall sales.

I'm ready for Super Mario Galaxy tearing up the charts.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
PistolGrip said:
Hardware sales should be low all around. Is Rachet and Clank releasing in Japan anytime soon?
The same day as Musou 5 and the 40GB PS3.

Nintendo's made sure to launch Mario & Sonic that week though.

BishopLamont said:
Random question: Does anyone know the gap in hardware between the PS2 and Dreamcast when it was discontinued?
I've got all but one week of its Famitsu data, so I could tell you the approximate difference at an arbitrary time. But when you say dicontinued, do you mean when they stopped listing weekly sales, or when they announced the end of Dreamcast, or when they actually ceased production, or when?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Lightning said:
Ah, that sounds better, I thought DW6 was launching on Nov22 in Japan though?
Nope, the 11th, and there will be a bundle just like there was for Gundam Musou.

JoshuaJSlone said:
I've got all but one week of its Famitsu data, so I could tell you the approximate difference at an arbitrary time. But when you say dicontinued, do you mean when they stopped listing weekly sales, or when they announced the end of Dreamcast, or when they actually ceased production, or when?

When they announced the end of DC.

donny2112

Barf_the_Mog said:
Why can't people be bothered to give the english name of the series on an english-speaking forum?

Perhaps because we are discussing Japanese games with their Japanese release dates. Just a guess here.

Frillen

donny2112 said:
DSL 70,608
PSP 58,669
Wii 24,932
PS3 17,130
PS2 10,281
Xbox360 3,011
GBASP 130
GBM 118
GC 48
GBA 22

Wow, quite the difference between Famitsu and m-create there. Both PS3 and Wii up.

methane47

donny2112 said:
DSL 70,608
PSP 58,669
Wii 24,932
PS3 17,130
PS2 10,281
Xbox360 3,011
GBASP 130
GBM 118
GC 48
GBA 22

probably not true.... but HOLY cRAP if true...

Wii 24,932
PS3 17,130

DONT CROSS THE STREAMS!!!11

donny2112

Wii 24,932
PS3 17,130

SSBM_Failure_tiny.gif

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Bebpo said:
Why did PS3 go up? I thought there weren't any new PS3 games?

People slowly realizing it was cheaper. Most likely people from the internets buying it.

Bebpo

Banned
I thought the 40gig model at the cheaper price was nov.11 with the dual shock & dynasty warriors?

sp0rsk said:
People slowly realizing it was cheaper. Most likely people from the internets buying it.

So they dropped the price of the current models? Same price as the upcoming 40gig?

Frillen

Bebpo said:
I thought the 40gig model at the cheaper price was nov.11 with the dual shock & dynasty warriors?

Nope, according to an official Sony PR the price cut was put into effect last week.

donny2112

Been a while since I've gotten to do this. :D

YTD / LTD:

DS: 5,727,345 / 19,733,024
PSP: 2,066,468 / 6,598,597

DS '07 vs. DS '06: -411,285
PSP '07 vs. PSP '06: +642,628

WII: 2,760,765 / 3,680,408
PS3: 752,426 / 1,209,984
360: 161,508 / 426,210

ccbfan

Hmm the PSP is holding on a lot better than I thought.

I thought for it would be under 50k but its almost at 60k. Less than a 1k drop from last week. Any new releases I forgot about or is it actually stablizing?

lupin23rd

Wii is roughly 3 x PS3 LTD, which is roughtly 3 x 360 YTD.

Good news on PS3 rising
and 360 dropping
if those numbers are true.

Are Eye of Judgement and Imabikisou out next week? I thought they'd be somewhere in the charts this week if they were out, even if wasn't top 10
since they aren't Dewy

By the way, was everyone really high on ASH? I took a look at a few screenshots and thought it looked kinda shitty. Maybe it plays better, I haven't taken it for a spin obviously, but I dunno, was being a Mistwalker fanboy part of the terms of service here? I wasn't feeling it.

I didn't feel Layton either, but for the dude commenting that Japan doesn't like new IPs, I guess that one would be a good counter-argument.

AniHawk

I wonder if there are people who don't get the "cross the streams" reference and simply are going along with the group.

Bebpo

Banned
Vinnk said:
Streams crossing? Really? With Galaxy about to launch the PS3 will outsell the Wii?
Really?

Will be interesting to see. The Wii will most certainly skyrocket next week and the PS3 will do about the same as this week probably.

But then the week after when the 40gig + new controller + Japan seller DW launches, who knows how much PS3 could go up and who knows where Wii hardware will be 2nd week of Mario.

I doubt PS3 will pass it, but stranger things have happened.

Top Bottom