• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 10/20 - 10/26

JavyOO7

I'm interested to see where Wii Music ends up heading to in terms of sales. I still think its going to be a slow burner.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
schuelma said:
Another thought, when looking at releases the rest of the year..after Animal Crossing on 11/20 I'm not seeing that much for Wii in December that could potentially do well. Tatsunoko v. Capcom and Taiko Drum Wii stand out, but not much else. Am I missing something?
I can see those Gamecube Wiimakes doing really well actually, given a good price point and marketing push, especially Pikmin.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Metalmurphy said:
When did LBP came out in Japan?

98% of japanese games come out on thursday of the week. on friday of that week you receive first day sales. on wednesday you receive thursday-friday-saturday-sunday sales as "first week sales".

lbp came out thursday the 30th.

Stumpokapow said:
98% of japanese games come out on thursday of the week. on friday of that week you receive first day sales. on wednesday you receive thursday-friday-saturday-sunday sales as "first week sales".

lbp came out thursday the 30th.
Thanks for the info.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
cw_sasuke said:
Why is this sad ?
You don't thinks it would/will be sad to see the Pedometer thingie selling more than Valkyrie Profile and Avalon Code?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Alaluef said:
You don't thinks it would/will be sad to see the Pedometer thingie selling more than Valkyrie Profile and Avalon Code?
Both RPGs didn`t score that well in famitsu and there is way higher competition on ds regarding rpgs - where this pedo/fitness game is kinda unique on the platform and the first ds game with mii support...

It wouldn`t be sad, just expected - though i still hope that avalon code sells well - mmv ftw.

Jokeropia

schuelma said:
Weak Wii number as well..actually went down.

Looks like hardware will struggle until Animal Crossing.
donny2112 said:
I don't see Animal Crossing helping things much, personally.
Well, Animal Crossing is released just before sales start to pick up again anyway due to holidays, so there might be a combined effect if it manages to trigger that resurgence a week or two early.

sphinx

the piano man
I am confused with all the bundles.

what kind of PS3 Hardware numbers are we expecting come next thursday? all together, LBP, 80gb, whatever, etc,

20k?? more? less? I am clueless

spwolf

sphinx said:

what kind of PS3 Hardware numbers are we expecting come next thursday? all together, LBP, 80gb, whatever, etc,

5k?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
cw_sasuke said:
Both RPGs didn`t score that well in famitsu and there is way higher competition on ds regarding rpgs - where this pedo/fitness game is kinda unique on the platform and the first ds game with mii support...

It wouldn`t be sad, just expected - though i still hope that avalon code sells well - mmv ftw.

It would be expected but still sad, since I care about VP and AC but not the pedometer game.

Zen

Banned
SO are we to assume that the 360 new weekly average in japan is going to be around 7k ish? It has held steady for a bit.

Sort of sad that Sony let it get to this point.

sphinx said:

Let's just say, it will have a decent chance at outselling the 360 next week. Crazy I know, but it can happen.

Zen said:
SO are we to assume that the 360 new weekly average in japan is going to be around 7k ish? It has held steady for a bit.

Sort of sad that Sony let it get to this point.

don't forget, the next-gen begins when sony says so.
but it is kind of sad for the japanese HD-market. Monster Hunter 3 with next-gen graphics would have been sweet.

Kandinsky

sphinx said:

45k :O

Meanwhile in Japan...

ruxlxd.gif

gtj1092

Did GTA just post better first day sales than just about every next gen RPG i can think of besides maybe Blue Dragon? Crazy times indeed.

CuznLarry

Banned
solid2snake said:
don't forget, the next-gen begins when sony says so.
but it is kind of sad for the japanese HD-market. Monster Hunter 3 with next-gen graphics would have been sweet.

Go back to gamefaqs.

apujanata

toypop said:
It's on 2ch's sales thread posted by reliable person. So I can say it's valid.
That poster also mentioned that retailers say GTA4 is doing good, and LBP's sales goal is 250k this year.

IIRC, 2ch is an anonymous board, right ? How do you know that the poster is reliable, since it is anonymous ?

Rpgmonkey

apujanata said:
IIRC, 2ch is an anonymous board, right ? How do you know that the poster is reliable, since it is anonymous ?

Users can make a name if they choose to and have a little user id or whatever.

Usually you can sort out the reliable people from the bullcrap posters through this.

gtj1092 said:
Did GTA just post better first day sales than just about every next gen RPG i can think of besides maybe Blue Dragon? Crazy times indeed.

HD RPGs must have it rough in there right now. :(

as great as LBP seems to be (haven't played it) a part of me wants it to bomb across all territories so I can watch the massive chimp out by everyone on GaF

apujanata

Rpgmonkey said:
Users can make a name if they choose to and have a little user id or whatever.

Usually you can sort out the reliable people from the bullcrap posters through this.

HD RPGs must have it rough in there right now. :(

What would prevent other people from claiming the same name and faking a news ?

Is there some sort of id & password for the people who choose to do so ? Is the id unique ?

CTLance

apujanata said:
What would prevent other people from claiming the same name and faking a news ?

Is there some sort of id & password for the people who choose to do so ? Is the id unique ?
I'm going to guess it's the same as the 4chan board: You can enter a nick followed by a password, and the board will show your nick and a hash of the password (and nick?). Using the hash and the nick together allows for a unique login without actually implementing a security infrastructure. While this method can be brute-forced, it's reasonably secure.

Fake edit: Wikipedia is your friend.

toypop

Lightning

Banned
ShadyMilkman said:
as great as LBP seems to be (haven't played it) a part of me wants it to bomb across all territories so I can watch the massive chimp out by everyone on GaF
Unbelievable. Wanting hard work to fail for such puerile reasons is pathetic. I want LBP to succeed so that Sony will be even more creative and try things rather then be sequel happy and stick to racing and FPS games in order to gather sales...

I really wish Sony would find a way to put LBP on the PSP. That would be so awesome.

Kandinsky

Lightning said:
Unbelievable. Wanting hard work to fail for such puerile reasons is pathetic. I want LBP to succeed so that Sony will be even more creative and try things rather then be sequel happy and stick to racing and FPS games in order to gather sales...

I really wish Sony would find a way to put LBP on the PSP. That would be so awesome.
Yeah because software sells on that thing:lol

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Lightning said:

i heard they were planning on something...

Rolf NB

sphinx said:

Less. I think Japan is way past the point where added value can stimulate sales. The way I see it, the only thing they've achived with this fumbled SKU transition is pent-up demand, which they'll probably realize over the next three weeks. Then they'd be back to 10k base level if it weren't for the general acceleration of everything in late November.

I have a PS3 prediction down at 12999 units next week.

The price needs to drop, plain and simple. Barring that, they should have discounted the old SKU by 2000 Yen to avoid the embarassment that the past three weeks have been, and grab some extra software sales in the here and now.

donny2112

Regulus Tera said:
"PSP software doesn't sell" is the new "Wii software doesn't sell".

I think you have that backwards. Both have been around for quite awhile at this point, though, so I'm not sure you could call either phrase "new".

Btw, Nintendo didn't update this particular chart in the latest briefing, did they?

41.jpg

It was posted in April though, maybe they update it next April with both 2008 semesters. Do we know if they refer to calendar semesters or fiscal year semesters?

Parl

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
It was posted in April though, maybe they update it next April with both 2008 semesters. Do we know if they refer to calendar semesters or fiscal year semesters?
Iirc, it's fiscal.

No update on that chart. An update on third party software trends for the US market.

Top Bottom